May 28, 2024, 06:47:35 pm

Author Topic: {NEEDS DONATIONS} Huge Automatic Farms!  (Read 8836 times)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
{NEEDS DONATIONS} Huge Automatic Farms!
« on: June 09, 2012, 01:39:23 pm »
Alright peoplez,

I've been playing minecraft for about 5 months, and I've been playing on another server for about 3 months, and over that tiime I've gotten to be extremely good at redstone. I can build walls that slide in and break away to reveal secret passageways, floors that split apart with no sign of redstone anywhere, 9x9 secure combination locks that require a code pressed in sequence, and automatic farms of all type (yes, including tree!, though it's only semi-automatic). Anyway, the point is, that server I used to play on is undergoing an upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0, and until then I've been planning out new builds to put on it's 5.0, but I decided I wanted to share some of my creations with another server, and everyone seems interested in auto farms here, so looks like this is the one!
     I've been playing on this server for only a few days now, and my plan has been to (1) set up a little non-auto farm COMPLETED, (2) start a medium sized quarry and sell all the cobble/sand/gravel/iron I got to the market COMPLETED, (3) make it to 10,000 by quarrying 5,000/10,000 COMPLETED, (4) buy a lapis ore and set up a nice little shop in the sky NOT STARTED, (5) make enough profits from that, and further quarrying, to get to 50,000 NOT STARTED, (6) make enough profits to buy tons of pistons, redstone, etc for the farms NOT STARTED, and finally (7) use those and the diamond ore to create the farms.
     However, I've seen that there is a lot of interest in these farms, so I think this proccess can be cut short by quite a bit if people just donate the diamond ore/$$/redstone, etc. Obviously, all donations will go to the farms, not to my shop, because that would be unfair. I will also return any unneccessary donations. Look below to see what you can donate, and what rewards you will get:

Diamond Ore

If 1 diamond ore is donated, I will create a large auto-farm of each type.
If 2 diamond ores are donated, I will create a huge auto-farm of each type.
If 3 diamond ores are donated, I will create auto-farms of unbelievable proportions.

Whoever donates a diamond ore will not only recieve full access to the farms when they are completed, but if I am to leave the server (which I most likely will in a few months, maybe less), they will recieve full ownership of the farm. If more than one person donates an ore, they will recieve their respective sections.

Pistons (Regular)

If 5 stacks of pistons are donated, I can create a large auto-farm of each type.
If 10 stacks of pistons are donated, I can create a huge auto-farm of each type.
If 13 stacks stacks of pistons are donated, I can create auto-farms of unbelievable proportions.

Whoever donates more than a 1/4 stack of pistons (16+) will recieve many stacks of goods from the farm when it's finished.
Whoever donates more than a 1/2 stack of pistons (32+) will recieve full membership of the farm and can use it freely once finished.

Redstone

If 10 stacks of redstone are donated, I can create a large auto-farm of each type.
If 15 stacks of redstone are donated, I can create a huge auto-farm of each type.
If 20 stacks of redstone are donated, I can create auto-farms of unbelievable proportions.

Whoever donates more than 1 stack (64+) of redstone will recieve full membership of the farm and can use it freely once finished.

Redstone Repeaters

If 10 stacks of redstone repeaters are donated, I can create a large auto-farm of each type.
If 15 stacks of redstone repeaters are donated, I can create a huge auto-farm of each type.
If 20 stacks of redstone repeaters are donated, I can create auto-farms of unbelievable proportions.

Whoever donates more than 1 stack (64+) of redstone repeaters will recieve full membership of the farm and can use it freely once finished.

How to Donate:

To donate, you must post here saying what you will donate. All donations made in-game and not on here will not be counted.

All donations will be made theoretically. When I see enough donations have been made to create a certain size of farms, I will collect them and begin construction. This is to prevent getting many donations, realizing I don't have enough, and trying to get them back to everyone.

As you can see, I need a specific amount of everything to create a certain size (Large, Huge, Unbelievable) of farms.So, if I recieve enough of diamond ore, redstone, and pistons to make a 'Huge' size, but not enough redstone, I will have to stick with the 'large' style, even though I almost recieved enough.

Kascas

• View Profile
Re: {NEEDS DONATIONS} Huge Automatic Farms!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:22:54 am »
seems like your taking this serius, and going to spend alot of time on it
stil the donations and rewards are a bit confusing to me

im able to donate high ammounts of anything, if there is a good offer
i can use another farm in my house

some things that would be usefull to me,
what design are you wanting to use?
can it be build near/in my house?
can i use the farm & let friends use it while you didnt leave the server yet?
can i be the "owner" of the farm...
meaning, that others cant donate for acces, as it will be my house, i ofc dont want randomers to "buy into" my house

if all of this is possible, i am welcoming you to test a good design here on mainly my expenses
looking forward to meet you ingame, to talk about the details

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:26:28 am by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:36 am »
seems like your taking this serius, and going to spend alot of time on it
stil the donations and rewards are a bit confusing to me

im able to donate high ammounts of anything, if there is a good offer
i can use another farm in my house

some things that would be usefull to me,
what design are you wanting to use?
can it be build near/in my house?
can i use the farm & let friends use it while you didnt leave the server yet?
can i be the "owner" of the farm...
meaning, that others cant donate for acces, as it will be my house, i ofc dont want randomers to "buy into" my house

if all of this is possible, i am welcoming you to test a good design here on mainly my expenses
looking forward to meet you ingame, to talk about the details

Well, I never considered this, but looking at /balancetop, you can pretty much the whole thing yourself!  :).
So, I've been looking for a location to put this farm, and I don't have one yet, which means, if you are the sole donator, I can plop it right in the middle of your house!  :D, And of course you can use it and let your friends use it whenever you want. However, since this is pretty much a service to you, seeing as it'll practically becomse your farm (and I'll just be a permanent member of the farm), I'd like a small fee, just to give me a start-up for my shop. I'm thinking a few protection stones and some iron. Trivial compared to (a) what you can make off of this farm, and (b) the amount of work it'll take to build it  :).

However, my main goal was to spread this auto-farm type to another server, not just for my own personal use, so I hope you share it and don't hog it completely  :).

Anyway, please consider this and we'll chat in game. Thanks!

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »
Is it an open Farm or personal?

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »

Since it looks like I'll be building it for kascas, it's gonna be pretty personal, but my goal was to make it kinda open. I'll see what I can do to make it as open as possible.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »

Since it looks like I'll be building it for kascas, it's gonna be pretty personal, but my goal was to make it kinda open. I'll see what I can do to make it as open as possible.

Your not gonna get many donations if it's going to be a "pretty personal" farm and not public.  People could just use the materials to build their own.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 06:45:27 pm »

Your not gonna get many donations if it's going to be a "pretty personal" farm and not public.  People could just use the materials to build their own.
*Like*
You should continue this project, and once it's done build one for kascas

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:52:18 pm »
Alright, here's the deal:

If I don't get any donations, the estimated time of completion of a huge set of these farms is in 2+ months. With Kascas giving me all the resources, it'll take about 4-5 days, and then, with the pay from him, the estimated time of completion is in 1-2 weeks.

The only reason I am building it for Kascas as a private farm is so that the PUBLIC farm's production will take much less time. If enough donations are given, I'll be able to just make a public one. The main goal of this project is to create a PUBLIC farm that all throughout the Server can use.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:44:42 pm »
alright give others some time to reply with offers
meanwhile note the that the rules on farms are about to be sharpened
in terms of no redstone clocks, and possibly worse

can you make me a tiny version, of your idee, as the map you sended did not realy gave me much detail
does not have to be large, just a couple plants
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:13:05 am »
alright give others some time to reply with offers
meanwhile note the that the rules on farms are about to be sharpened
in terms of no redstone clocks, and possibly worse

can you make me a tiny version, of your idee, as the map you sended did not realy gave me much detail
does not have to be large, just a couple plants

Well, as I've said before, I've had some experience with servers, and my farms are modified to not cause lag. I've been using them on a server with much stricter laws on redstone. On that server, clocks/loops will break in a matter of minutes if you try to make them. I assure you these will work.

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 01:24:04 pm »
UPDATE:

Until I recieve word from kascas to start building and take a look at the site for the farms, I'm continuing with my old plan. So far I've made it to 10k, purchased a lapis, and made it to 10k again, and purchased some neccessary materials for the shop. Estimated time of completion for the shop is: June 20, 2012.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 01:28:06 pm »
Since redstone clock aren't allowed, I use a bud switch clock, in which ONE pumpkin grow ACTIVATES the others, which is connected by ordinary redstone pistons.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »
Since redstone clock aren't allowed, I use a bud switch clock, in which ONE pumpkin grow ACTIVATES the others, which is connected by ordinary redstone pistons.

Right, well, instead of BUDs, which take up space, I just make it a push-button to harvest. Sure, this isn't the most efficient method, but (a) you lose like 20 max per harvest, but it dosen't really matter because (b) this allows for much more plants in the same space, so you get about a stack more.

Also, the most compact BUDs use boats, which despawn on most servers to reduce lag.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 06:09:37 am »
Nonono THE CLOCK is A SINGLE BUD, the bud is wired to 2 pumpkins stalks, so when a pumpkin grows, it activates all the pistons, like the way redstone clock activates pistons.. :/
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:34 am »
Nonono THE CLOCK is A SINGLE BUD, the bud is wired to 2 pumpkins stalks, so when a pumpkin grows, it activates all the pistons, like the way redstone clock activates pistons.. :/

Oh, I see. Since the growth rate is different for all of them, this wouldn't be too effecient, though.