May 16, 2024, 04:16:28 pm

Author Topic: I got banned for nothing.  (Read 3091 times)

nffx2000

• You cant be sucsseful without sucsess
    • View Profile
I got banned for nothing.
« on: June 08, 2012, 10:11:15 pm »
I was Banned for nothing, I was just walking and jummping around and then POOF! I was levitating. I have no mods, and I never plan to get any. I was a regular person dancing to cat, then I was levitating. I'm sorry if I did something,but I have no clue what happened. I will also do a force update to minecraft if you would like. Sorry for the trouble. The explanation is this, I was dancing to cat then I was jummping and I was flying a a random low altitude. Yes I did logout and logback in. It didn't work. Thats all to it.

Truely yours'
                                                                        nffx2000

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
Re: I got banned for nothing.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »
guys its a bug/glitch if a mod+ wants me to post a couple of pic i have many in my time on opticraft and i know nffx2000 is is a very good player and would not cheat, or any thing like that

Please do NOT post on ban appeals.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:27 pm »
You were banned by arsenic_shark for flying. Please wait for him to respond.
I was there along with arsenic and Relkeb and I saw you quite clearly flying, I haven't seen anything like it before and never heard that this is a glitch. Anyway, you sound honest but it is up to arsenic to decide.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:27:03 pm »
I've talked to his friend Nick468. And he says that they noticed this glitch, and they an op over to remove this 'glitch'. They didn't report him, but rather they tried to get a solution to it, but instead he got banned.

Nick468 & Bubblekiller were directly involved in the incident (As they are the ones who called the mods over) they have screenshot & they would like to provide them as evidence as this being a glitch as opposed to a modded client. and they would like to further explain the situation.

So, please allow them to do so without deleting their comments. Cheers! :P
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »
Relkeb, Tobs and myself was standing there for at least 2 mins, 70% of that time you was flying.

Can you explain how you managed to fly, as the glitch is something that I've never heard of before and also the way the game is wrote seems impossible to happen. Can you explain what happened in real detail and why you didn't think about logging out and back in would help.
--

Tabooti, I don't see how you can fully believe them if you wasn't there and are just taking word from one side, yes it is strange for them to mention this to a member of staff, but what you have done is like going to a griefer and listening to their story and fully believing it without seeing the damage or anything. Also I doubt that 3 people would see the same thing unless it was a random glitch which none of us experiences players have seen or they had a modification on. I understand you are trying to add they opinion in, but as you where not there and didn't see anything I ask you to please not get involved as it appears to me they don't want to write something just encase it looks bad.

Also the ban was not a "hacking BANNED" ban, no. It was a banned until further investigation ban. Once again showing how as you were not present you didn't know the circumstances.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 10:39:13 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/3Uyu5#3

look this are pictures of the same thing i have seen on my time i opticraft i believe its a glitch
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

MrMikester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »
he hasnt done anything wrong he tried to do the right thing by telling a mod but instead was banned for his attempt at doing the right thing.  I know that he wouldnt this sort of thing. He is a good and loyal player and i can pledge for hime that he doesnt use mods or anything like that.  Please, he was wrongfully blamed for a thing he wasnt trying to do.  He deserves a second chance.   

Leganie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 10:44:53 pm »
I feel that until opti or dejected look into this further we will not get a answer. 3 members witnessed this 1 mod 1 op 1 admin. The ban is only 7 days or until someone can prove this is a outright glitch.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
look at the pic i have more but was told to keep it short u want to see them?
cuz i have more
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/3Uyu5#3

look this are pictures of the same thing i have seen on my time i opticraft i believe its a glitch

Do you know how many people download Hack clients a day, hundreds if not thousands. It is easy for someone to try to hack on the server, but many succeed.

Also this could be partly lag between you and the server. You get bad lag and then you can appear to be flying or see people flying yourself. But seeing how 3 different people saw it, I find it very hard to see that it was a glitch. It is much more likely to be lag or hacking.

look at the pic i have more but was told to keep it short u want to see them?
cuz i have more

Update the folder with lots of pictures, all the ones you have. And who ever told you to keep it short is wrong. Think about real life what's going to get someone more likely to be put in jail, lots of evidence or no little to no evidence. Also if you have video proof even better.  Also its rather strange who it happens in the middle of no-where rather then near high populated areas, maybe its just coincidence its around you and your friends.

I feel that until opti or dejected look into this further we will not get a answer. 3 members witnessed this 1 mod 1 op 1 admin. The ban is only 7 days or until someone can prove this is a outright glitch.

As I said, he was not banned for hacking, he was banned for further notice.

Also is he unable to talk himself, I guess so as his friends have been posting for him.

Locked. If he wants to contact me, he can PM me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:01:02 pm by arsenic_shark »

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »
May I throw my 2 cents in?

I don't wish to under mind anyone or make them second guess their actions, but I have a few questions and statements.

1st, He was accused of flying, correct? Well was he changing directions vertically or did he just stay on a horizontal plane? (Did he go up and down with out the help of blocks or did he just kind of "Float"?)

2nd, Did he ever change speed as most hacked clients have turbo buttons or speed modifiers?

3rd, Did any of the staff involved get any screenshots of this?(I understand multiple ranks were involved and there were many witnesses, but has Arsenic said "In a real life situation you want as much evidence as possible, well wheres the evidence?" We only have witnesses but out of the 3 no one could provide screenshots?

Also, just to point out, Arsenic you told the guy that posted the pictures to post more but then locked the thread, thus making it impossible for him to post more. I'm assuming you want him to send you a PM on the matter, or would just like to talk to the accused party alone.

As for this situation, I have seen players do the sort of glide/fly because of horrible connection or lag before. Did I think they were flying? Yes. Did I take into consideration that it could have been lag, yes. Now as to whether or not it matters which side is lagging for someone to appear flying I'm not sure. It could be the person floating or it could be the person watching. But as you said in your statement when the guy linked the photos, that it could possibly be lag just proves that it could have actually been lag.

Again, I do not mean to question your judgement seeing as I was not present but what you are saying needs a little more behind it.

Thanks,
-Drunz

P.S. for any friends of the accused reading this, stop whispering Staff members about this ban appeal in game. It will be taken care of one way or another.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 05:45:42 am »
This is, if fact, a glitch. Plenty of times it has appeared that I players floating when they are not for long periods of time, on the flipside, sometimes players appear to actually be a block into the ground and walking around. These are just visual glitches.

You are unbanned nffx
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident