June 01, 2024, 06:37:46 pm

Author Topic: Make A "Hunger Games" World  (Read 5505 times)

laurenstair

• View Profile
Make A "Hunger Games" World
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »
Some of you know me by arboretum01. Now listen up. I know I said I quit the server, but when I'm unbanned, I'm back in and confident I won't do anything. Now this isn't a ban appeal, this is a suggestion. And here it goes.

I have been on plenty of servers where they have a survival and a hunger games world. Just to be honest, they have MUCH more members. So here's an idea. To get more people on this server, we should have a hunger games world. There's so many people who just want to play hunger games, so lets give them what they want. We would have probably 2 times the amount of members we have now on our server if we had this, and that's a fact. Please take my consideration, because I'm confident we could have a better server once we get a hunger games world. And if you need help making it, I'm all ears. And make sure you advertise the hunger games. Like, "Survival AND Hunger Games! Come on opticraft!" That's how you get attention.

And moderators+, I know you banned me and revoked my trusted. I don't really care, I just want to help. So please, give this a chance and I promise, this could make the server at the top of the charts.

-Arboretum01 A.K.A laurenstair

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Make A "Hunger Games" World
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »
Good to see your making a real suggestion even though you're perma banned. I like this idea, but it would be a lot of work!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:50:05 pm »
Being a non-PVP player I'm not really interested in seeing a "Hunger Games" world built.  PVP is just more drama that we don't need.  I had a chance to be a mod on a PVP server and I quit after a week due to all of the whining about player X killing player Y illegally.... Just a bunch of nonsense.  

We have a classic server and a survival server, that's good enough.  There are plenty of Hunger Game servers out there, as you already know.

We don't need PVP, we don't need Hunger Games, because what we have is awesome.

Oh, and if Hunger Games have so many more players than we do, why would YOU have said this?

I went on opticraft and advertised a Hunger Games server because we needed players, and I got banned!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:10:03 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
I have been on a hunger games server just as a spectator to help some friends.
I am not so positive about that, but if that server could bring more people into the server and after that to our survival, why not?

She said it because she wanted friends frm another server to join. No just straingers.

Btw, I was wondering where have you been. I just saw your 2nd ban appeal because I thought u were back after the "swearing" ban appeal (1st).
Anyway, take my skype fanis11111 if you wanna chat. Include a description in your possible invitation.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:16 pm »
Spamming, rages, quitting- Just some of the things that will inevitably follow when you make a Hunger Games world. I'm sorry, Arbore, but Viper has a point. Making this world would make the server more popular, but mods will get annoyed by the people who come and say "its not fair!!!! i was buildng then he went and killed me!!!!! BAN HIMMM!!!"
The reason Opticraft is so popular right now is because it is basically the only server where you can stop getting griefed, and not die and get your items stolen by a jealous player.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
Spamming, rages, quitting- Just some of the things that will inevitably follow when you make a Hunger Games world. I'm sorry, Arbore, but Viper has a point. Making this world would make the server more popular, but mods will get annoyed by the people who come and say "its not fair!!!! i was buildng then he went and killed me!!!!! BAN HIMMM!!!"
The reason Opticraft is so popular right now is because it is basically the only server where you can stop getting griefed, and not die and get your items stolen by a jealous player.

I think the point of this map was to be for hunger games only, not for building? It should be reset every few hours anyway.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:13 pm »
We're not ready for any PvP world yet. We aren't just going to plop some random plugin into the server and pray that it will work in our favor.

And I am in agreement with the others-- added drama is not what we want to look for either.

Sorry to say, but this is not going to happen anytime soon. It's a good idea, but there is no guarantee that it will work out smoothly (since not all plugins are created equally and not everyone enjoys PvP)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:04 pm »
We're not ready for any PvP world yet. We aren't just going to plop some random plugin into the server and pray that it will work in our favor.

And I am in agreement with the others-- added drama is not what we want to look for either.

Sorry to say, but this is not going to happen anytime soon. It's a good idea, but there is no guarantee that it will work out smoothly (since not all plugins are created equally and not everyone enjoys PvP)
If that final, I really enjoy PvP. Oh well.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »

This is why Minecraft allows you to have multiple servers in your server list.  Put Opticraft in there for your SMP and Creative servers, and have something else for your occasional PVP.  There's no need for Opticraft to have everything all in once place.  I think it's perfectly fine the way it is.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »

This is why Minecraft allows you to have multiple servers in your server list.  Put Opticraft in there for your SMP and Creative servers, and have something else for your occasional PVP.  There's no need for Opticraft to have everything all in once place.  I think it's perfectly fine the way it is.
Yes, but PvP + Opticraft COMMUNITY = even better. Get your Maths right.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »

This is why Minecraft allows you to have multiple servers in your server list.  Put Opticraft in there for your SMP and Creative servers, and have something else for your occasional PVP.  There's no need for Opticraft to have everything all in once place.  I think it's perfectly fine the way it is.
Yes, but PvP + Opticraft COMMUNITY = even better. Get your Maths right.

PVP + Opticraft = Trying to be like every other server when we don't need to, because we're already better.

Opticraft has over 20 THOUSAND registered members and HUNDREDS of active players, so they must be doing something right.

I looked at the top PVP server out there, it has 500 active players across 15 servers.  That means 33 players on a server.  I have never in my time here at Opticraft seen our active player list below 40, and I have seen it as high as 201 although I have no doubts it's come close to maxing out a couple times.  That's on ONE server!  We're obviously doing better than them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:57:54 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:11 pm »

I think most people are misunderstanding the idea here. The idea is NOT for a new world, its just for a new area, say 100/200 by 100/200, where the "Hunger Games" setup is run. This is NOT a game where you should be building, NOR should it be a whole new world. Instead, a zone in the current world, that you can /warp to, with the pvp flag on, and building flag off.

The idea is not to let new players join this immediatly, not to let them build, and to have a fair game of pvp. After each game, the zone should be wiped, and if possible, randomly generated again.

I hope this clears a bit up.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:36 pm »

I think most people are misunderstanding the idea here. The idea is NOT for a new world, its just for a new area, say 100/200 by 100/200, where the "Hunger Games" setup is run. This is NOT a game where you should be building, NOR should it be a whole new world. Instead, a zone in the current world, that you can /warp to, with the pvp flag on, and building flag off.

The idea is not to let new players join this immediatly, not to let them build, and to have a fair game of pvp. After each game, the zone should be wiped, and if possible, randomly generated again.

I hope this clears a bit up.

If that's the case, then it would be very similar to the suggestion of a "PVP Arena", which has already been shot down more times than I can count.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »
Or the admins could make it an event, and after that leave the warp accessible for people who want to organize the game individually.

Then again, it's not gonna happen.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 12:09:12 am »
There is a hunger games server, it has 40+ server to run 40 games, each server has 150 slots. And it's ALWAYS full... Care to explain how it's unpopular?! The company also make BIG money from selling kits.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.