May 07, 2024, 05:14:59 am

Author Topic: Buckets of Lava!  (Read 10742 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Buckets of Lava!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »
I think this is too hard to make. And Opticalza is already very busy with the New Member+ world. It is a very good idea but it is not the right time for this.
I take it you've never wrote any code before :P with the permissions plugin it'd be real easy to add

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »
I think this is too hard to make. And Opticalza is already very busy with the New Member+ world. It is a very good idea but it is not the right time for this.
I take it you've never wrote any code before :P with the permissions plugin it'd be real easy to add

I have some experience with the Bukkit API, and this wouldn't be so hard to implement in my opinion. Simply add a permission node to disable the getting of water and lava buckets unless you have that permission. That shouldn't take an experienced writer more than 30 mins at most.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:12:08 pm by bigbeno37 »

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:01 am »
  Oop, looks like we're entering code. I have no knowledge of this. Looks like I'm out unless it comes into something else  :P
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »
  Oop, looks like we're entering code. I have no knowledge of this. Looks like I'm out unless it comes into something else  :P

Code isn't that scary if you learn how to break it down imto simpler terms. Code looks scary because of how compact it usually is. If you were to visually space it out, it looks better.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 02:09:02 pm »

I have some experience with the Bukkit API, and this wouldn't be so hard to implement in my opinion. Simply add a permission node to disable the getting of water and lava buckets unless you have that permission. That shouldn't take an experienced writer more than 30 mins at most.

Actually the code we would have to look into, for the original topic here, would be the ability to give a regular player permission to use a lava bucket as a fuel in a furnace but deny them putting it into a dispenser or pouring it out.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 03:46:55 pm »

I have some experience with the Bukkit API, and this wouldn't be so hard to implement in my opinion. Simply add a permission node to disable the getting of water and lava buckets unless you have that permission. That shouldn't take
an experienced writer more than 30 mins at most.

Actually the code we would have to look into, for the original topic here, would be the ability to give a regular player permission to use a lava bucket as a fuel in a furnace but deny them putting it into a dispenser or pouring it out.

Buckets of lava remind me of fire charge. You can "hack" a dispenser by right clicking it with your hand,sword, etc. Then, you can place the fire charge in it. Think about how that would work with 1.3 and the dispenser will dispense the source block. That would be very bad.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:49 pm »
I'd like to bump this, because I am tired of having to keep mining for coal. Takes too much coal to smelt stuff.

Best griefer name ^

Wolf

• Go For Diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 01:04:32 am »
love idea!
Go OPTICRAFT!

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 11:41:01 pm »
    I am not sure about code, never done it before, but if what other people say is right, and the member world is right, it may be a good time to look this up again. Maybe: maybe not.
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »
It doesn't seem as if Opticalza is too busy...let's try and get this implemented. I have been needing smooth stone lately, and while I have a lot of coal, I would hate to raid that supply...
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:05 pm »
It doesn't seem as if Opticalza is too busy...let's try and get this implemented. I have been needing smooth stone lately, and while I have a lot of coal, I would hate to raid that supply...

Are you sure?  Cause I'm pretty sure he's got a list of projects a mile long... *LOL*
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 03:36:55 am »
It doesn't seem as if Opticalza is too busy...

Just because he isnt rolling out new stuff everyday does not mean he isnt busy. In fact, Optical not rolling out new stuff every day shows that he IS busy. Sorry buddy, but I think you should hold your judgement until you see the list of what he has to do.

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »
Fire cannot spread. Personally, I agree with lava as fuel. Whenv1.3 comes out, now you won't loose the bucket. Anyways, lava is a great smelting fuel, as it last for I think 64 ores/meat, etc

100 blocks

Lava 1000s
Coal 110s.

Lava 1000s
Blaze rods ~150s
Coal 80s

Bueller17(2)

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 03:47:23 am »
I really like this idea, i understand concerns with abusing lava... but i feel that there are ways that it could be dealt with.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 09:48:54 am »
Please dont necropost