May 04, 2024, 02:54:23 pm

Author Topic: Isle of the Dark  (Read 7224 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Isle of the Dark
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
Well sheesh, I started building a place to broadcast my radio show from and now I can't stop!  Looks like I've got a little village started and only God knows how big it's gonna get.  

Each "plot" has it's own PS protection, which is how I've been determining the size of the "islands" and they're interlinked with small bridged paths.  Don't know if it will eventually turn into some kind of city, but I am starting my first "administration building".  Please don't ask to be a resident, at this time I'm not accepting any (and if I ever do it'll be only Trusted+ members).

Don't have any pictures yet, since I haven't thought to take any, but I'll post some eventually.  Until then you can watch the progress on the live map;

http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/258/64/3423/-2/0/0

To see it in person (right now) you can use "/home viperzeroone" ...  Be advised, when I'm online I do sometimes shift my /home around to make it easier to go from place to place.  If you end up somewhere weird it's your own fault.   :P  Oh, and any griefing, if you happen to find a non-PS spot, is a perm-ban since there are signs at the /home that say just that.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:54:30 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Midgetized

• View Profile
Re: Isle of the Dark
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:41 am »
Club Dark, where there's always a vacancy. Our graveyards are empty by night and full by day, our walls and floors look like Swiss cheese, and the cobwebs are everywhere. Because at our club we always have a full house, and our residents are groaning and moaning, waiting to meet you with arms wide open. So please stop by our luxurious place of entertainment.

Warning: The act of entering the premises automatically signs a contract with our business and business associates . We are in no way responsible for personal safety, any loss of life is at the fault of the person. Symptoms include overshadowing fear, multiple spider bites, arrows to the knee, missing limbs, lost items, Zombie's Disease, and on rare occasions being swallowed by gelatinous cubes.

Club Dark, where sunlight never reaches!
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:53:31 pm »
Club Dark, where there's always a vacancy. Our graveyards are empty by night and full by day, our walls and floors look like Swiss cheese, and the cobwebs are everywhere. Because at our club we always have a full house, and our residents are groaning and moaning, waiting to meet you with arms wide open. So please stop by our luxurious place of entertainment.

Warning: The act of entering the premises automatically signs a contract with our business and business associates . We are in no way responsible for personal safety, any loss of life is at the fault of the person. Symptoms include overshadowing fear, multiple spider bites, arrows to the knee, missing limbs, lost items, Zombie's Disease, and on rare occasions being swallowed by gelatinous cubes.

Club Dark, where sunlight never reaches!

Heh...  So true, especially the arrow to the knees...  Now I HAVE to make a cemetery on one of the islands and install some arrow-firing dispensers on the dance floor.   :P

Did I mention when prospecting that I found 6 spider spawners (3 Tripple, 2 Single, 1 Double) under the club?  *LMAO*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:55:38 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:09:15 am »
EDIT:  Added a couple "current" images to the first post.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 05:38:31 am »
EDIT:  Built a church with a graveyard, just for Midgetized... *LOL* ...Also built a Granary for the production of wheat products.  Pictures added to first post.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:46:16 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 05:49:53 am »
Thinking of replicating the ship building crane I made on my little test server...  Not sure if I wanna put something that big on my island tho.  Here's a picture I took of it;

Then again, I could modify it and position it so it looks like a needle record player arm for the vinyl disk on the top of the club.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:51:44 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:21 am »
I would pay to live here.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:11:31 am »
Thanks Mini...  ;D ...Not sure if I'm having residents yet or not.  I'll keep ya in mind if I decide to open it up though.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:28 am »
I would love to donate to yu as well so ask me when I'm on.
- mini25252525

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 07:53:48 pm »
Thanks Mini...  ;D ...Not sure if I'm having residents yet or not.  I'll keep ya in mind if I decide to open it up though.
Are your undead mobs not your citizen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »
Are your undead mobs not your citizen?

Hmmm... I guess they could be classified as citizens.  In that case I have 8.  *LOL*

I'm still pondering opening the island up to players.  Not sure if I want to go down that road or not.  All of the houses are pre-built and furnished so, aside from placing chests, there really wouldn't be much for a player to do.  I can't really justify charging "rent" for technically a place to store your items.  If that's the case I might as well just build a massive protected vault complex with 8-10 chests per vault and then rent out the vaults to players.  Hmmmmm....  That might actually be a good idea.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »
Oh... In addition, when the new member+ world drops I MIGHT be selling the island complex.  If I do sell it I'll be removing the "Club Dark" name from the central structure as that's a "trademarked" name of my club and will be placed on the new build.

In addition, if I do sell the island, It'll be up to the new owner to provide the PS protections for it, as I'll be taking all of mine for the new build.  To cover the islands you'll need a minimum of 1 diamond PS, 6 Lapis PS, and 10 coal PS.  I'll be keeping the underground structure, which is separate from the islands, that includes a small pumpkin farm and nether portal to my blaze spawner, but will make an underwater entrance so I don't have to continue going through the island itself to get to it.

About the new build... I'm not going to say much, other than it will be much better than the current one and will be placed on a pre-existing island instead of a man-made one.  I've already got the main buildings on the "drawing board", so to speak, and construction will commence when the new world launches.  It's going to be awesome.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 11:48:04 pm »
You have a radio show?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Guess

• Snoopaayyy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 06:05:13 am »
Hah, I remember "partyin' it up," in Club Dark with Ian and Ironjack. :p
You have your own lighting system and stuff. :D
Hey, I'm Guess_Who97! :p

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile