May 29, 2024, 05:10:05 am

Author Topic: Ban Appeal for Highminer48  (Read 2686 times)

allenisafool

• View Profile
Ban Appeal for Highminer48
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
Hi,
Highminer here... I was banned today June 3rd for griefing. I did destroy a glass pane but it was an accident!
I had just left the spawn area and i was mining some dirt to sell. as I looked up the server lagged and I continued smashing things and I could not stop. I blame the poor quality mouse I have for this error and I promise to be more careful. Please Allow me back on your server. I love it and I vote everyday. I will continue to vote despite my ban to show good will. I would be forever grateful for a second chance.
                 Best wishes,
                         AllenisaFool/Highminer48

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal for Highminer48
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:24 pm »
Hi,
Highminer here... I was banned today June 3rd for griefing. I did destroy a glass pane but it was an accident!
I had just left the spawn area and i was mining some dirt to sell. as I looked up the server lagged and I continued smashing things and I could not stop. I blame the poor quality mouse I have for this error and I promise to be more careful. Please Allow me back on your server. I love it and I vote everyday. I will continue to vote despite my ban to show good will. I would be forever grateful for a second chance.
                 Best wishes,
                         AllenisaFool/Highminer48

Not to belittle your appeal, because I'm not, but I could have sworn I've seen this exact same statement before.  Probably someone else, since this is your first post.  I can't get in-game right now to check on your ban status so please wait for an available moderator to post the information for you.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:14:10 pm »

Now why would you be digging up dirt RIGHT NEXT to another build that obviously isn't yours? To be honest, I'm having trouble trying to believe this to be true.

Breaking 1 block from a grieftrap does nothing-- breaking 5 or more will trigger it, so obviously you either need to fix your mouse or you need to dig AWAY from other's structures. It's very easy too.

allenisafool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »
I swear I only broke one block! I am really sorry! I will stay away from other structures but I swear this is not a lie!
Please remove my ban. I am NOT a griefer! Plus I was three blocks away from the structure that I KNEW was a GriefTrap.
Is it possible the trap malfunctioned?
I am really sorry! Can I have one more chance?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »
I swear I only broke one block! I am really sorry! I will stay away from other structures but I swear this is not a lie!
Please remove my ban. I am NOT a griefer! Plus I was three blocks away from the structure that I KNEW was a GriefTrap.
Is it possible the trap malfunctioned?
I am really sorry! Can I have one more chance?

It is possible to break 4 blocks on a grief trap, and then later break 1 on a completely different one and still be banned.  That said, you had to break 5 blocks on the grief trap(s) before you got banned.  These traps have been very thoroughly tested and they do not malfunction.  Because of that a grief trap ban cannot be lifted.  It isn't permanent, but you do have to wait the 7 days.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

allenisafool

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »
Ok,
I wish I could play sooner but I will accept my fate. I don't know... are grief traps random blocks around the spawn?
Also question: If I continue to vote will I get all the diamonds I deserve? Also I want to donate to this server. Will my rewards be lost if I am banned?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:13:39 pm by allenisafool »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:43 pm »
Ok,
I wish I could play sooner but I will accept my fate. I don't know... are grief traps random blocks around the spawn?
Also question: If I continue to vote will I get all the diamonds I deserve? Also I want to donate to this server. Will my rewards be lost if I am banned?
Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure if you're logged out if your diamonds are given to you or not.  That said, don't let it stop you from voting.  As for donations, I would personally wait until you've returned to the server.  It's only 7 days.  Hang in there, you'll be back before you know it.

To answer your other question, Grief Traps are locations that have been specifically selected to monitor broken blocks.  As their are several people who can create these grief traps, not even Mods/Admins know where they all are.  They can literally be anything from a small building, to a large farm, to a simple chest sitting out in the middle of nowhere.  Odds are we'd never just turn a single chest into a grief trap since the odds of griefers actually finding it and trying to break it are very slim.  That said, anything that looks like it may have been built by a player COULD potentially be a grief trap.  That's why we say it's best to leave stuff alone if it looks like it belongs to someone else.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dashmrf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:10 am »
I personally know Highminer and he is a really great guy, he would never even think of destroying someone else's hard work. And, I know I am friends with him, so I might have a bias, but I assure you. He would never do something like this intentionally.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:12 am »
I personally know Highminer and he is a really great guy, he would never even think of destroying someone else's hard work. And, I know I am friends with him, so I might have a bias, but I assure you. He would never do something like this intentionally.

It's good to stick up for your friends, but grief traps don't lie.  Sorry, he had to break 5 blocks that weren't his to break regardless if you say he would never do it or not.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!