June 17, 2024, 05:49:05 am

Author Topic: Monster Spawns  (Read 19329 times)

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
Re: Monster Spawns
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »
We need to make the cap much bigger to solve the problem, because removing it completely would cause havoc.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:10 am »
Perhaps have the server mark each chunk that has a player walk through it. Then every 3 hours process through the list of chunks and every chunk that didn't have a player walk through it gets butchered (enemy mobs only).

Possible plugin idea^

Or just raise the cap. I mean the server has 32gB of RAM in it. Sheesh lol.

Best griefer name ^

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 10:33:38 am »

That RAM is for the second world coming up soon but i liked the idea. You must have a lot of programming knowledge :)

Check it out! ;)

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 11:44:53 am »
Ah...problems...problems....i was cowboy other day and lured the cow from over 3000 blocks to my place...yeap one cow in week of searching terain but i found her and now looking for bull to make more of them :-)
Anyway there is one mob/animal which we dont need search but make it,create it........it is a chicken :-) so new exp farm will be chicken farms :-) ...ah just joking arround even i want to cry ....yea there is big lack of mobs....i noticed that area arround me has only wolfs and they rarely show up even if i stand/walk arround for more then 20 min.
Something is happening.....could it be...nah...it cant....but wait....maybe,just maybe there is some evil forces which stealing world's mobs/animals.

P.S:I had huge desire just to write a story on topic,no offence folks :-)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »

That RAM is for the second world coming up soon but i liked the idea. You must have a lot of programming knowledge :)

I'm an intermediate programmer in Java and C# and getting better for every day I get on my ass and work on programming LOL. But still memory usage with one world is 6gB + the 0.5gB for the classic server. Basically add a members world and you double the RAM in theory assuming each world uses the same RAM. I'd estimate that there'd be at least 10 spare gigs of RAM sitting there somewhere.

Best griefer name ^

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
I do believe optical has rectified this issue by putting up a cap. However, we have noticed that mobs have been spawning in massive numbers within certain mob spawners (a la Mob Farms/ Grinders) which cuts down on the general mob distribution.

We have had to 'butcher' the massive mob clusters quite a few times in the past. If you have a mob spawner that is going out of control, please let us know.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 02:37:09 am »
well if it is possible to make it so mobs made by mob spawners don't count towards the cap count (and raise the cap a little) then that should fix it.

Also what is the currently set mob cap, if I am permitted to know of course? Just curious.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:20:00 am by cheif149 »

Best griefer name ^

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2012, 03:23:01 am »
well if it is possible to make it so mobs made by mob spawners don't count towards the cap count (and raise the cap a little) then that should fix it.

Also what is the currently set mob cap, if I am permitted to know of course? Just curious.

the mob cap is determined by bukkit based on how many players are online, active chunk count, distance between players, etc.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2012, 03:34:43 am »
This problem is being looked into by the CB++ maintainer, but no eta or guarantee's. Not much we can do without getting our hands quite dirty in bukkits code.

_Obi_Wan_

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2012, 06:16:18 am »

We have had to 'butcher' the massive mob clusters quite a few times in the past. If you have a mob spawner that is going out of control, please let us know.
I have one zombie spawner at my place ( /home _Obi_Wan_ ) that i protected and made it public for free to use,and when ever someone go there i tell that person to report me how many zombies spawn and so far average is 1 zombie in 5-10 sec. for first 10max then they spawn even less or takes up to 5 min to spawn single one.This is not made to be auto farm but a box with 2 block opening with wood fence door on bottom block.Maybe that design help to stop mass mob spawn as in mob farms.
Check it out but it does less spawn monsters,maybe cos it is Ocean biome but not sure.U could try to stop monster drop items on natural death like drawning and make to drop only when killed by player to stop making auto farms.I think problem is in auto farms where mobs die too fast causing them to spawn faster.That is just my opinion  :-\

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2012, 07:09:14 am »
tbh I think an automatic /butcher of all enemy mobs accross the board every 2 hours or so would fix the problem somewhat. I mean sure monsters spawn when they can each 20th of a second (each tick) but doing an automatic butcher every two hours will redistribute the monsters over chunks that they weren't at before. Plus I have noticed monsters don't seem to spawn in chunks that people aren't standing in so more monsters near players possibly.

I think an auto-butcher every 2 hours should be tried at least. And then lets see what happens.

Best griefer name ^

_Obi_Wan_

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26:31 am »
But wouldnt killing all mobs also killed cows,chickens,pigs,dogs and cats.....just wondering cos i lured my cows,sheeps and pigs from a distance of over 2000 blocks and use them for food,milk,wool and eggs....if they die my cake/pork chop distribution will die also  :-\
They are fenced/caged just to keep them from that same faith ( griefer killing them ) and cage is ps protected.
So if u kill all mobs, my and similiar works will be waisted......i need my milk  ;)

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2012, 08:32:08 am »
But wouldnt killing all mobs also killed cows,chickens,pigs,dogs and cats.....just wondering cos i lured my cows,sheeps and pigs from a distance of over 2000 blocks and use them for food,milk,wool and eggs....if they die my cake/pork chop distribution will die also  :-\
They are fenced/caged just to keep them from that same faith ( griefer killing them ) and cage is ps protected.
So if u kill all mobs, my and similiar works will be waisted......i need my milk  ;)

no we will not kill non-hostile mobs. (except chickens. chickens can burn for all i care.)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2012, 12:37:06 am »
Ya I heard the opticraft butcher plugin is designed only to kill non-friendly mobs.

anyways it seems like you all are somewhat ok with this. I'd like to see this implemented! I really think this would help the spawning problems because even though mobs spawn as fast as they do, they still get moved around, and will spawn in new locations that players are currently in.

Best griefer name ^

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2012, 07:39:55 am »
So what are the chances of what has been talked about in this thread being implemented on the server?

Best griefer name ^