June 07, 2024, 03:18:58 pm

Author Topic: /Helpop  (Read 7263 times)

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
/Helpop
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »
My idea is a command like /helpop that tells you what ticket number you are because like my self when i use /Helpop i wonder were i am in line so you could type /helpoptell or something and it tells you what number you are in line for help.

Thanks for reading

Bahraindude_2497

• The Watcher
  • I'm always watching you - Greifers - ALWAYS!
    • View Profile
Re: /Helpop
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »
That's not a bad idea...However I believe it would have to be to do with the plugin implemented on the Server...The plugin may not have that command...

Chicken walking to GLOBAL DOMINATION!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:16:44 pm »
We already have a ticket system in place that shows us /helpop requests

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »
Xeadin, I was thinking of it, while I was waiting my service.
What if we could type /ticketqueue or /queue for seeing how many ttickets left before us, the MOD+ who serves, and the players asked for the ticket..
Like a list with three columns..
I believe tis easy..

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:42 pm »
What if we could type /ticketqueue or /queue for seeing how many ttickets left before us, the MOD+ who serves, and the players asked for the ticket..
I believe tis easy..

This addon would, actually, be pretty useless.  Since the ticket system not only grabs /helpop requests, but also triggers on key-words used in chat, only about 1 in 5 tickets (i would say) is an actual legitimate help request.  We end up closing a lot of tickets that aren't even a mod request.  If you say, "Hey come get this watermellon" we get a ticket because you used the word water.

Showing you that you're 9 out of 12 in a queue doesn't mean you'll be waiting a long time.  Most of those other tickets could be "false tickets" and you could actually be next.  In the same note you could be 1 out of 2, with one mod online and he/she is dealing with a huge problem.  Just because you're next in line doesn't mean you'll have a mod in a couple seconds.  It takes as long as it takes.  People need to learn to be patient.  The grief log file isn't going anywhere.  It doesn't matter if I check the grief now or in 30 minutes.  I can still roll it back and ban the person responsible.

The biggest suggestion I can say to people is to just send your /helpop request, chill out, and be patient.  We answer them, and close them, in the order that they appear.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:17:22 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »
I believe tis easy..

that was the point, i thought same while waiting for my Service

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:18 pm »
I hope you didn't just ignore all of what ViperZeroOne said...

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:34:26 am »
No, I didn't get ignored its because when i posted my Request i was 7th and thought it would be a good idea to type some thing then it would say your new number like 3rd 2nd

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »
No, I didn't get ignored its because when i posted my Request i was 7th and thought it would be a good idea to type some thing then it would say your new number like 3rd 2nd

Yea, but my point is the amount of time you wait has NOTHING to do with where you are in the queue.  You could be next in the queue and still end up waiting 15 minutes because everyone is busy handling problems.  You could be 8th in the queue and only have to wait 10 seconds because those ahead of you were "false tickets".  It makes absolutely no difference, but might cause problems.  Say you see you're 7th in the queue and decide, "Hey I have time to go to the washroom", and a mod shows up while you're gone.  You think we're going to stand there and wait for you?  Not a chance.  I ask a player 3 times what the problem is, then I close the ticket and move on.

In short, it's a valid suggestion but I really don't see how it'll benefit anyone.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:35 pm »

Yea, but my point is the amount of time you wait has NOTHING to do with where you are in the queue.  You could be next in the queue and still end up waiting 15 minutes because everyone is busy handling problems.  You could be 8th in the queue and only have to wait 10 seconds because those ahead of you were "false tickets".

In short, it's a valid suggestion but I really don't see how it'll benefit anyone.

then you do not fully understand why we are so inpatient
tell me you be there over 10 minets, and i have no problem at all with that
tell me you be there shortly, and take 1minet...2minet?...3minet??...inpatient!!!!!! come already!!!!!
this not knowing when you will arive is killing us, and creating our inpatient behaviour
ofc WE should be the one trying to be patient, and helping the mods, as THEY ARE HELPING US after all
but still...helping us in doing so would be great!
the thing you sayed above is true, we stil wont know if its 10mins or 3mins or...
but that is not what we need, we just want to know if it makes progress
tell us that our 8th spot is now a 3th spot, even if 3th->1th takes longer then 8th->3th
then we wait 1minet....2minet?....3minet??..../helpopticketpos oh ok progress 1minet...2minet?
then alot if not all of our inpatient behaviour will instandly disappear

just like busy phonelines, saying: you have 927 waiting in front of u, that repeats every minet
i hope this made u reconsider "but I really don't see how it'll benefit anyone."
this might seem a minor to you, but it is surely very usefull in my opinion

i have no clue, if this is even possible or worthy enough for the ammount of effort it requires
but if it is, please carefully note that a huge ammount will be very happy with this
wich in return will relieve the mods again with a decrease in helpop spamming/pming and such

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:43:16 pm by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:09 am »

Yea, but my point is the amount of time you wait has NOTHING to do with where you are in the queue.  You could be next in the queue and still end up waiting 15 minutes because everyone is busy handling problems.  You could be 8th in the queue and only have to wait 10 seconds because those ahead of you were "false tickets".

tell me you be there shortly, and take 1minet...2minet?...3minet??...inpatient!!!!!! come already!!!!!
this not knowing when you will arive is killing us, and creating our inpatient behaviour
ofc WE should be the one trying to be patient, and helping the mods, as THEY ARE HELPING US after all
the thing you sayed above is true, we stil wont know if its 10mins or 3mins or...
tell us that our 8th spot is now a 3th spot, even if 3th->1th takes longer then 8th->3th
then we wait 1minet....2minet?....3minet??..../helpopticketpos oh ok progress 1minet...2minet?

just like busy phonelines, saying: you have 927 waiting in front of u, that repeats every minet
i hope this made u reconsider "but I really don't see how it'll benefit anyone."

i have no clue, if this is even possible or worthy enough for the ammount of effort it requires
but if it is, please carefully note that a huge ammount will be very happy with this
wich in return will relieve the mods again with a decrease in helpop spamming/pming and such

Its not because i don't like waiting just whens there 1 Mod online and 17 different /helpop requests your going to feel like that you want to know were you are, I was just an idea.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 02:08:57 am »

Actually I do know why people are so impatient.  I was trying to avoid the little child yelling "I want it now!" syndrome.  Is your problem going to change in the next 10 seconds?  No.  Is it going to be unsolvable in the next 10 minutes?  No.  So submit your /helpop request and just WAIT.  I'm sure there are plenty of things you can do to pass your time while waiting, if you even do have to wait.  Patience is a virtue, impatience is an annoyance.  That's a life lesson, not just for video games.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 02:26:16 am »
Patience is a virtue, impatience is an annoyance.  That's a life lesson, not just for video games.

stealing this lol

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 02:30:56 am »
Patience is a virtue, impatience is an annoyance.  That's a life lesson, not just for video games.

stealing this lol

I love how players love my little mini-quotes I come up with...  You're the 4th player to have one on their signature.   ;D  I think Mini has my one about "necroposters", that's my fav so far.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:33:10 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 02:33:28 am »
Also, as far as I know the way this would work would have to be reset every time. For example It gets implemented today, then let's say 6 months from now you make a ticket, it will say Ticket Number 890969476987. In order for this to not happen, someone would need to reset the ticket count every time Mods close a ticket. Which would be a pain in the ass.