May 10, 2024, 08:35:54 pm

Author Topic: Banned for no reason?  (Read 6969 times)

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
Banned for no reason?
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »
I dont understand why I got banned today, moderators were helping me out because my lapiz pstone got griefed, they weren't doing anything. So I asked sarcastically, "Well, are you doing anything or are we having a flying party?", then straight away I got banned for some reason, I tried to log back in, and it said The Ban Hammer Has Spoken! What did I do wrong?  :(

Leganie

• View Profile
Re: Banned for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:08:55 pm »
I banned you.... I am investigating more however I found evidence that you have been exploiting staff to do roll backs to dupe items and others can confirm the evidence at hand.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:17 pm »
What is a roll back?  ???

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:13:31 pm »
my lapiz pstone got griefed

NOBODY ELSE (besides mods and above) can grief an active PStone except yourself. Judging by how many times the lapis pstone was broken, this seems more like an exploit than a mistake-- it was broken multiple times in the same day.

We will need Ianhalmond to inquire about this, since we did find a chest that was taken from and destroyed that was full of valuable items.

Rest assured, you have gotten yourself into quite a lot of trouble and we will find out what was going on here. We do not take lightly to server exploits

What is a roll back?  ???

Should be blatantly obvious what a rollback is. A rollback undoes recent actions under block history.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:15:19 pm by Xeadin »

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »
Leganie, your pictures show that moderators have put things in the chests and taking back out, BUT I DIDN'T ASK THEM TO! I don't know why they are doing this,  :-[

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 07:18:32 pm »
Coolcrab88. Explain to me how you were able to stack items such as armor, tools, and the like. THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT STACKABLE IN NORMAL NON-HACK CONDITIONS, which leads us to the assumption that you are using some type of inventory hack/ client.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:22:00 pm »
Xeadin, this has happened before, its a glitch. My friend Epiclizard99 once did that and had 2x Diamond Pickaxes, and I'm not good enough at that kind of thing to hack.

Scotty602AB, some people took things out of my chest, and then loads of people put it back in again, like "Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth".

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
I am being serious about this whole thing, as I enjoy Opticraft very much.  :(

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:01 pm »
Coolcrab88. Explain to me how you were able to stack items such as armor, tools, and the like. THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT STACKABLE IN NORMAL NON-HACK CONDITIONS, which leads us to the assumption that you are using some type of inventory hack/ client.

This is what I'm thinking Xeadin;

www.planetminecraft.com/mod/stackable-tools/

There is no way that it's a glitch.  One stack, yea I might be able to see that happening.  That many stacks of tools?  Not a hope in hell.  This guy is definitely using either a mod like the one above, or an exploit of some kind.  I vote Perm-Ban.

IN THE EVENT that someone does unban him though, I'd say break the "glitched" chest and we'll check his chests every so-often to make sure this "glitch" doesn't return.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:34:55 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »
You don't understand. This isn't just one item that was stacked that we found-- this was just about an ENTIRE CHEST full of items that were stacked that are normally unstackable. Tell me if an entire chest is a glitch...

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »
An Entire Chest probably could be a glitch, but I can't stack items, honestly. As I'm about the only one (mostly) who can open my personal chests, I am concious about why you think it was me hacking. I don't know anything about it, but I can tell you it's happened more than once.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »
Xeadin, if you think I'm doing an inventory hack, then why haven't I got a full set of Diamond Armour, etc. like most people would by now if they were stupid enough to hack?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 07:39:13 pm »
Xeadin, if you think I'm doing an inventory hack, then why haven't I got a full set of Diamond Armour, etc. like most people would by now if they were stupid enough to hack?

Sorry to take your question Xeadin, but it's an easy answer.  An inventory hack doesn't allow you to just create anything you want out of thin air.  I do see that you've been mining but an inventory hack doesn't help with that either.  All it does is allows you to stack things you couldn't normally stack in order to give you more room in your inventory, but you probably knew that already.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:29 pm »
Yes I have just realized that as I investigated the link you proclaimed in earlier text. Yes, I understand what that mod does, but I thought you couldn't use mods on the server anyway...

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 07:56:31 pm »
Yes I have just realized that as I investigated the link you proclaimed in earlier text. Yes, I understand what that mod does, but I thought you couldn't use mods on the server anyway...

You can attempt use mods, even though it's against the rules.  That said, we have MANY ways to track those using them, and if you get caught (which is almost guaranteed) you get permanently banned.

As for your chests being searched, which you asked about earlier, this is part of a Moderator's duty.  We frequently open chests to take a peek inside and make sure nothing funny is happening.  Mods shouldn't be putting stuff in them though, unless it's their chest OR you've said something is missing and they're returning it to you, which appears to be a part of your ban.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:59:30 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!