May 15, 2024, 06:49:53 am

Author Topic: How to help prevent griefing...  (Read 4960 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: How to help prevent griefing...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »
Got the video done, turned out great, and is about 30 minutes long.  Going to merge it (stupid fraps and their 2GB splits) tonight, convert it to something less than 80GB in size, and upload to YouTube.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 04:48:22 pm »
I can't wait to see the video :D

Check it out! ;)

harryob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 11:58:28 am »

3. Purchase protection stone at the market. It helps... I promise!

Great post, but really if you wanna stop griefers that's the only one you need.  You can build a house out of diamonds if you want, as long as you have a (working) PS protecting it you're good.  I said it once, I'll say it again, I never build anything without having a PS around it first.  AND I'M A MOD!  I can just rollback grief with a simple command.  I'd rather not have to though... I'll place the PS, mark the borders of it with some dirt, and then build inside that boundary.

They aren't that expensive either.  Use your first PS to build/protect a small pumpkin farm, then every $1500 go get another coal PS and expand your farm.  Once your farm is big enough to do 64 pumpkins per collection, there won't be any stopping you.  Yes, I know there are farms that do like 5000 per collection, but that's the lazy man's way of getting money and it gets rid of the challenge.  I'd rather be noted for building epic structures on my own without much money than wasting a ton of map space with some god-awful automated farm.  Anyone can build epic stuff with a virtual creative mode, but the more effort it takes the more praise you deserve.  Remember that.

Wow thx this helped alot