May 19, 2024, 11:56:57 am

Author Topic: Adding PvP. Staying safe!  (Read 5371 times)

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Adding PvP. Staying safe!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 04:55:33 am »
true, so as far as i care for those who want PvP i support it have a fun time killing each other. I still recommend the no drop inventory idea that would make it so where even i would go and fight in the arena.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:57:18 am by techdude98 »

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 09:15:21 am »
I made this Topic a few days ago, I have been told that this Idea comes up every few days, Maybe Hours!
and told most likely it will not happe

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »
i maybe have a idea for pvp. if you just add chests on names of competes they can leave their inventory there. and you give them all a standard outfit of a bow, 20-30 arrows, a hide armonr and a iron sword. and make a nice arena around it(i dont mind helping with that). so that would fix the problem of that. although it is highly likely this plan will not be accepted. it still is worth mentioning.

Victor1261

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »
i maybe have a idea for pvp. if you just add chests on names of competes they can leave their inventory there. and you give them all a standard outfit of a bow, 20-30 arrows, a hide armonr and a iron sword. and make a nice arena around it(i dont mind helping with that). so that would fix the problem of that. although it is highly likely this plan will not be accepted. it still is worth mentioning.

Well, someone is going to need to provide all of that stuff, and what if they just type /home after you give them it? The bow and sword would also eventually break causing the provider to lose his stuff. Not only that but Opticalza is going to have to code a plugin that only makes you drop your stuff only if you've not been PVP killed. Otherwise everything would just become cheap. Ex: You die in lava and when you respawn you still have all your stuff. Also this guideline would become useless:

Guidelines
4.   If you die and someone else picks up your items, they get to keep those items.

So someone is going to need to find a plugin for this since I don't think we should waste Optical's time on something that we don't really need and wouldn't help the server either since the server is more dedicated towards building and adventuring then PVP.

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 02:36:16 pm »
wall-of-text
There is a jail plugin that restricts the player of the use of any command /home /spawn ect. And teleports the jailed player to a place defined by the admins (usualy bedrock and stuff) cell
There no dropp inventory already exists on ssp.
Combining the above and with my very little ( may be wrong ) knowledge on coding/programming? I asume that the plugin line should look like this : if _NoS_ pvp=true , jailmode=true , dropp items on death=false
Or something like that
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."