May 11, 2024, 01:52:04 pm

Author Topic: Anti X-Ray Plugin  (Read 3258 times)

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
Anti X-Ray Plugin
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:17:23 am »
This might help.

(click to show/hide)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
Re: Anti X-Ray Plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:21:47 am »
Not bad

Check it out! ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:11:30 pm »
The server had a plugin like this in the early stages. But too many people complained about it, therefor it was removed.

:-\ If people complain about it, It means they are useinf it in my opinion i think it should go back up because you do get thos people who complain about anti ____ plugin so they can use once its gone.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:05 pm »
These type of plugins will bring a lot of lag. If i get lag from this plugin, then i will complain it too. It is not for I'm using x-ray, it is because it will be annoying to play with lag.

Check it out! ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:41:53 pm »
The URL, didnt work for me, but I assume as the other said, that it will bring lag, or probably it will.
Let's avoid having lag, since its a major point for each server.
Server compete each other for the least lag. Don't ruin that advantage the server has acquired for a plug-in.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:59 pm »
These type of plugins will bring a lot of lag. If i get lag from this plugin, then i will complain it too. It is not for I'm using x-ray, it is because it will be annoying to play with lag.
These types of plugins don't actually produce much lag, surprisingly.
Besides, it wasn't the lag people were complaining about. It was the moment when legit players found diamond, and then all of a sudden it turns to stone.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 01:52:54 pm »
Besides, it wasn't the lag people were complaining about. It was the moment when legit players found diamond, and then all of a sudden it turns to stone.

How?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »

How?
How does it not produce much lag? Simple.
All it does is scrambles unloaded blocks. For example if you see a chunk loading, the whole floor of the map will appear to have diamonds. So this plugin causes no more lag then some of the current plugins.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 02:01:39 pm »
Oh ok just Diamonds to Cobble didn't make sense

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
Oh ok just Diamonds to Cobble didn't make sense
It doesn't just scramble blocks to diamonds, it is configurable so pretty much any block can be changed to any ore.

But getting back to the point. It's a good suggestion but I think it will just annoy legit players like it did last time.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:30 am »
Yeah we could use an anti-xray plugin, but the problem is, like mentioned before and on the website, the plugin modifies all the block information before sending it to the client. That means going through a gigantic 3D array, and determining which blocks are ores, then determining if they are in contact with air, and then changing them to stone if the above two are true.

To do that many cycles per second multiplied times the number of players online makes the idea non-feasible. It's just not possible. The very best maybe that could happen is to make the plugin only do its thing for guests, and not for members+ but there's still a LOT of guests on the server.

Best griefer name ^

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 10:25:58 am »
Yeah we could use an anti-xray plugin, but the problem is, like mentioned before and on the website, the plugin modifies all the block information before sending it to the client. That means going through a gigantic 3D array, and determining which blocks are ores, then determining if they are in contact with air, and then changing them to stone if the above two are true.

To do that many cycles per second multiplied times the number of players online makes the idea non-feasible. It's just not possible. The very best maybe that could happen is to make the plugin only do its thing for guests, and not for members+ but there's still a LOT of guests on the server.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »

this guy knows what he's talking about.

Lolz thank you. I'm one of those people who knows a fair bit about this stuff.

Sadly the only thing I can say about the anti-xray idea is that it is great... but only for small servers. It's not possible on a large server like this UNLESS the plugin itself was multithreaded and the server had an additional 2 or 4 cores the plugin alone could use. Now it is my understanding that bukkit is still monothreaded right? However I'm told that plugins themselves may use multithreading (the reason the server lags with stuff such as redstone timers is most likely because the timer as well as every other world aspect is on a single thread). Therefore if there's a anti-xray plugin that runs on a different thread from the server itself (or a different 2 or 3 threads) then this is feasable assuming the server has a couple unused cpu cores. As for bandwith the server may need slightly more bandwith but I guess it's still the same amount of block info being sent out to the client, but it's just modified before hand.

Long story short:
Plugin not possible if you try to make it run on the same thread as the server itself
Plugin is possible if you multithread it and don't allow it to touch the main thread that the server uses. For the amount of data the plugin must process I'd say that an additional 2 threads minimum would be necessary as well as 2 unused cpu cores to handle sed threads.

Best griefer name ^