May 22, 2024, 11:28:21 am

Author Topic: New donation idea.  (Read 3355 times)

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
New donation idea.
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:04 pm »
As many of you know only mods and above have the ability to fly. I am proposing that flying should become a donation package. that would be a great way for opticraft to raise money. Even if it is only available to trusted members it would still get opticraft a bit more money. Just and idea.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: New donation idea.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:33:00 pm »
Fail.
The server will not be able to check all the "permitted" players that fly.
What if players start using it around because they are trusted. Who will ban them?

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »
Why will you need to ban them? There are A LOT of servers where there is this donation so it won't be a problem I believe. Damn I would even pay 30$ for it...

Check it out! ;)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 10:07:02 pm »
Fail.
I really dislike it when you say someones suggestion is a fail.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:35:49 pm »
Fail.
What if players start using it around because they are trusted. Who will ban them?

Fail.

The whole way donation system works is by adding permitted players. Permitting players to use mob disguises, to teleport. How do you think it works? It would be fairly simple to add a test to the donation page that checks the rank ingame, considering all the other bits of it is fully intergrated. Maybe you should check your failiures before calling out someone else on them. Personally, I think this is a feasable and good idea, it would promote building (Of which most are trusted (I only know one amazing non-trusted player)) and earn the server money aswell.

techdude98

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »
Fail.
bt5 it is just a suggestion so don't call it a fail. And if u have ever played on a different server u would see that they
have donations for flying and yet they manage to keep track of those who are permitted to fly. so if all the other servers are able to do it then i would be damned if opticraft couldn't. plus
The whole way donation system works is by adding permitted players.
And like atdfbttl15 said
Why will you need to ban them?
I am not trying to be rude but i dislike when people call my suggestion a fail when they haven't even truly read it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:49:53 pm by techdude98 »

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 10:51:24 pm »
If fly ever becomes a donation, it should include godmode, or at least immunity from fall damage.

(click to show/hide)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:13 pm »
If fly ever becomes a donation, it should include godmode, or at least immunity from fall damage.
Well...then don't click the wrong button!
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:17:33 pm »
This will never be implemented as a donation package. Moderators are given guidelines to follow about flying, mostly to insure that we are not using the fly abilities as an unfair advantage over players. What would stop a normal player with extra money lying around from using the fly ability to grief, get better materials, etc. Moderator+ are not given the fly ability for fun but for function.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:39 pm »
What bantman said.

It's not gonna happen.

Grand_Paladin

• Also ForsakenEden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:28:31 pm »
This is SURVIVAL, your not suppose to play modded so that you can fly around.That is something the Ops/Mods NEED in order to get to places more easily. Playing normal has been working fine for a long time. . .
The reason their is no downwards ^ on your keyboard is because you can not predict when the next griefer will strike.
*Raises Banhammer solemnly* -_-

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
... and then what? Add God mode as a donation reward? Or maybe a LogBlock too, along with creative mode?
What I'm saying is that survival is already pretty easy,  no need for fancy features or unnecessary abilities that defeat the purpose of SURVIVAL.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:03 am »
also there is no need for god mode. Get feather falling and protection on the rest of the diamond armor. You basically become invincible now. Also, like bantam said, mods use fly to HELP players with water and greif, not for their own use. If you want to get up, STACK BLOCKS!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:47:09 am by oreojr123456789 »

techdude98

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 03:40:29 am »
after listening to bantam i understand what he is saying and it was just an idea i wasn't expecting it to go far. And i didn't bring up god mode so please redirect those comments to john.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 05:05:19 am »
I assume the suggestion for flying comes to his mind in the building aspect, no need to hate on him because of the server being a survival server. Alot of the members are fantastic builders and could easily accomplish much more with flying, but for this server, this isnt going to happen like bantam and salas said, good suggestion tho. You can always build and fly in the classic server however. I encourage our smp members to build there and work your way through the ranks maybe a few of you could achieve the most prestigus rank we offer, "Crafter". Please try it out sometime.

Topic locked.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:07:41 am by Wratkie »