May 02, 2024, 07:48:11 am

Author Topic: Trans-Member+ Railroad  (Read 12156 times)

Zen00

• View Profile
Trans-Member+ Railroad
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:53:34 pm »
Hey all, you may know me from such projects as Model Biomes, but what you don't know is that what I'm most famous for are my trains. I come from a long history of trains in my family, and as such, know a few things about making a well organized and beautiful railway. Take a look at some of my projects on other creative servers and you just may agree.

(click to show/hide)

Now down to business. I love trains, and think that we should build a awesome minecart system for the Member+ world. As such I have stock piled huge amounts of stone for the building project. We will start by producing a station from which a person can leave in any of the four directions of the map. The rails will extend level all the way to the map edge. The station will be the hardest part of this whole production, as the tracks themselves will be very repetitive, but the station will be unique. I would love to have the station integrated into spawn if possible (please server admins, consider this request), but if we can not have that, we will find the 0 point of the map and center the station on that position.

Now what I would like from you all. Volunteers! To make this happen we are going to need huge amounts of iron, stone, obsidian, glowstone, gold, redstone, wood, and a few other things we'll get to as we go. I need volunteers who will go forth and scour the world for these materials and bring them back for the projects use. Secondly I need building volunteers. I'm more than happy to build it all by myself, artistic vision and wot, but having help really... helps. :P

At the bottom of this post is a list of volunteers to the project. This will be a ongoing project of undetermined length as we don't know how long it will take to create this system. New volunteers are always welcome. This is a community improvement build, and as such will be done by the community during their free time. I know you all have projects of your own that you want to build, but if you can spare any free time or resources to make the server accessible, then thank you.

List of Volunteers:

Zen00
jko831
rytovius
animedude88
Mike
luupster02
Alec2435
Malkere
Dyllynger

List of Donors:

Anonymous - $1000
Boshiwarrior - TBA
**BT5** - TBA
D00MKNlGHT
Snapethesnipe
bubblekiller

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:21:43 pm by Zen00 »

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Member+ Railroad
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:56:53 pm »
JKO LIIIKE ;D ;D ;D
I will be a building volunteer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:59:54 pm by John (jko831) »

(click to show/hide)

Victor1261

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02:08 am »
I was hoping for someone to put some real ambition into this wonderful idea! Looks like you are the first to do it! Good luck!

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:09:17 am »
I know I have at least 2 stacks of rails. You can have those. ;D I will try to get more. I will also build. I am making a city in the new world. Would you mind if maybe we can make a small depot there or a train stop? If you don't like that idea it's fine. I will still help build and donate.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:11:49 am by rytovius »

jko831

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:21 am »
I loot abandoned mineshafts(naturally generated) all the time. I have tons of rails I would be willing to donate.

(click to show/hide)

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 02:48:30 pm »
Another project, another donate. Willing to donate a lot if you need something!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »
I am also doing a project and i am also almost done with it...maybe tou can search for it in the forums...i am really good at rail roads and have alot of knowledge about it. Maybe. .I can be the builder....i had also thought about this but i thought it was impossible...

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02:01 pm »
Hm..
Very interesting idea, what you got there.
I have 10 stacks of rails but I sold them cheaply to get rid of them.
Anyway, I could donate some money and probably some new stacks that I got.
For that to happen, send me a personal message (PM) here in forum, with the name in game.
If you dont, I will consider you are not interested on that donation.

Cheers.

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »
Updated the OP, thanks for the warm responses. If you are willing to donate, I would prefer if you hold your donations till the project begins (as I don't like having to keep track of everything).

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 06:29:22 am »
I can help with this project. Looks like you got a lot of plans for the new world.

Will the station have multiple stops near or at cities?
What if a person has started building in the way of the tracks?
What are the initial plans for this project?

Ideas:
 Secure the building areas rights by having a worker lay down a 1 to 3 block wide plank track all the way down the map, which will be the very base of the tracks.

Build the railway tracks as you lay the base of the railroad so workers and players can use it early.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:58 am »
Part of the plan is leveling everything in between the start and end points, either that or tunneling through.

Stops are determined by people asking for one.

If a person has already started building (unlikely) then we'll politely ask them if we can come through, if not, then we'll go around.

Initial plan is to build a station and 1k of rails in every cardinal direction.

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 04:57:57 pm »
This sounds like an amazing project with a very practical function for other residents.

I'm still somewhat of a new resident to the server.  I am working on establishing some personal builds and establishing some farms to bring me in some steady income.  The areas around where I am working have TONS of abandoned mine shafts.

I will pledge to you all of the rails that I can get out of the shafts.

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 05:28:25 pm »
best plan is to do it floating at a level from the ground.
i ve got one on another place, and we linked 2 main cities, not so far one from another, just about 200-300 blocks as what ive remember.
the rails float at 12-16 blocks from the sea level, y:64. its a good place for them.

soon ill start a rail station on our city - Cornerstone. ill see with whom ill link it.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 04:59:28 pm »
I believe he is thinking of a railway for the new world.
I believe right now it is just a gathering process while waiting for the member world

jko831

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »
I will also donate 4-5+ stacks of rails.

(click to show/hide)