May 14, 2024, 12:24:03 pm

Author Topic: Trans-Member+ Railroad  (Read 12173 times)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Member+ Railroad
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 08:25:50 am »
Once it gets to stuttgart, it has to go underground. Or I guess we can make the station somewhere here.

http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/-2814/64/-1821/-1/0/0

But once you guys get near Stuttgart, just notify us, and we'll take it from there.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Malkere

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 10:25:28 am »
it seems half the people in here are talking about a railroad now, but the thread title says "Member+" which the other half of us took to mean in the new member world...? or perhaps I am just lost and confused.

I'm excited for a fresh new landscape to exploit!
and setting up a railroad from day one would really help in the long run... we could go straight out in four directions from a point just outside of the main city that way the rails would be in the world before people started buildings in the way of the tracks.

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02:18 pm »
sure, tabooti, you ll be noticed when we are close.

malkere, we re talking about a rail system in this world. on the new wolrd we ll see when its released.
is not a bad idea what you re saying, to go from a middle point in all 4 directions, but we need to consider griefers too, and also we need to consider the fact that we wont build any house anywhere in the new world until that rail system is done.
hard to get that, as what im thinking.... but not impossible.

well, until then ill do my rail in this world.

Malkere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »
that's what you're talking about, but not what the OP is talking about =o
that's all I meant. having railroads now is good too =]

I want to set up a coaster from space to bedrock! maybe I'll do that on Sunday, haha

xxsssx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:32 am »
Hi

I want to join this too.

I have donated 12 stack rail so far but I got a lot more.

And I would like to know where I kan help build som to.

I wil try to find some of you ingame and maybe I get a place to build.

XXSSSX

Alec2435

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 11:55:57 am »
THIS WILL BE IN THE MEMBER WORLD! WE WILL NOT BE MAKING THIS IN THE CURRENT WORLD SO PLEASE STOP ASKING TO CONNECT TO YOUR GEUST WORLD CITY!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:04:29 pm by Alec2435 »

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:56 pm »
Hey all, the new member world has been opened and I have placed PSs to mark the location of the station. The warp is /home zen00 train.

I will be working on creating the main building along with a few select architects. While that is being completed, work can be done on extending rails in each cardinal direction. I will place some starter rail for you to copy. Work will begin in earnest in about a week.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:42:46 pm by Zen00 »

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 03:38:40 pm »
I have a double chest of rail to donate.  I can place it for the connection to my ziggurat.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »
If it is ok with Interbane and Zen00 I would like to personally over see the connection from Zig to Railway.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »
Sounds good Mike.  Let me know when to show you the storage.  There's more than a single double chest of rail, I have quite a lot.  Maybe we need Zen online at the same time.

There's a cool looking building being constructed nearby, I think that should be the nearest "junction". 

Lyos

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 01:37:50 am »
Ooh the cavern near x: 400, z: -1600 would make a pretty cool spot for a substation :)

I'm up for helping with whatever's needing and when I can. Will track layers have access to a supply of rails? Not greedy; just poor ;)

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 03:14:24 am »
I like to build in conjuction of the land, meaning I try to build so that my building looks like part of the landscape, anyways, as the roads will be lifted, I'm working on a plan for a tower of sorts.

The location is at coordinates 0,0. I've layed down a selection of PSs there to get up some room, but if you want more room you can throw some PSs at me. So far I've claimed about a 50x50 area, which I think is more than enough.

The building will be vertically layed out, with a railway exiting from each level, so four exits with rails coming out.

Mike, if you want to draw some building plans that work like that, that would be cool. Think Tower of Pisa kinda.

Malkere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 12:20:34 pm »
are we planning on using powered carts for anyone that wants to travel the whole span, or in time are we hoping to add powered rails *_* at maximum intervals? assuming this is raised (except for some extreme mountains maybe) I think a powered rail every so often could go a ways.... only go 4-5 straight up... I'll figure out the distance later if someone doesn't know off hand.

I have chests full of cobble, and will be getting a lot more now that I've moved into the new world. Hope I get some good spawners beneath me =D

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »
Zen, hit me up when you're on.  I have rail and will supply mats for the southern hub.  I think Mike wanted to build it, which is great. 

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »
Haha cool, that means that my town can be connected with the spawn, for it is almost due north of it on the grassland at the edge of the map the only people currently residing in it are McJunker and I, NotABronie. I hope it will grow because of this railroad and I'd be more than happy to help build it or mine for iron to make the tracks, I'd be willing to pitch in up to a full inventory of regular rails and 9 stacks of red stone pixie dust to help build the booster rails and the torches used to power them. I'll also add saplings and fences for aesthetics. /msg me or send me a mail message if you want me to and by when you want me to have the materials. Also include who I need to go to once I have the stuff. Even though only the northern railway benefits me, I'll help with all of them. I am very excited to help with is project.  :)
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D