May 13, 2024, 09:30:06 pm

Author Topic: Trans-Member+ Railroad  (Read 12171 times)

NotABronie

• View Profile
Re: Trans-Member+ Railroad
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 04:45:40 pm »
are we planning on using powered carts for anyone that wants to travel the whole span, or in time are we hoping to add powered rails *_* at maximum intervals? assuming this is raised (except for some extreme mountains maybe) I think a powered rail every so often could go a ways.... only go 4-5 straight up... I'll figure out the distance later if someone doesn't know off hand.

I have chests full of cobble, and will be getting a lot more now that I've moved into the new world. Hope I get some good spawners beneath me =D

It says on the mine craft wiki, that the optimal usage of powers rails is 1 per 37 normal rails (assuming that the cart is occupied and there is a 0/1 slope) with a .4% slowdown rate whilst taking 251 seconds to travel 2 kilometers when the fastest is traveling 2km in 250 seconds with a slowdown rate of 0.0% meaning the rails are giving you maximum power and you get this buy placing in a powered rail:normal rail ratio of 1:33, and 1:<31 so we need a lot of rails but not like as many as regular rails. You can space them out as far as one per seventy-nine regular rails but at that point you are practically going through cobwebs. And if you aren't going to make it completely flat, then I believe that a 1/1 slope needs a booster every nine nine regular rails. The reason this is is because you need to spend 3 ticks (20ths of a seconds) on a rail or 1/3 of its power is wasted. Each tick you are on, it increases an occupied minecart's velocity by .9 m/s so you miss a whole block per second of speed if you miss a tick.

Haha I practically just summarized the article on powered rails for you. ;)
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 10:02:07 pm »
We are not providing carts, we are providing the means of travel as a fun project, but not enabling. You have to provide your own transportation.

However, I do plan on adding powered rails, so powered mine carts will not be necessary.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »
I will attempt to have something to you by tomorrow. If thats allright with you

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:10 am »
Okay cool because I I decide to go for red stone, I might find some gold as well, so I might also be able to provide powered rails
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Lyos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 06:32:12 pm »
Just so you know, Zen your /home train is a death trap. Teleported there with some diamond stuff and and inventory of cobble and it all burned up in lava...

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »
Just so you know, Zen your /home train is a death trap. Teleported there with some diamond stuff and and inventory of cobble and it all burned up in lava...

Lol zen your banned  ;)

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »
Yeah, I forgot about it when I built the lava fountain, as I don't use that warp myself. :/

Anyways, fixed, and if you died, throw me a line and I'll hook you up with some stuff.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
Have we already started yet? If so can someone tell me where, because I want to know where to donate the rails.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)

lanthus20

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »
I've got a few mine shafts I know of that still have rails, I've never needed them so I just leave them. When I'm not busy with other projects I'll run and strip the mines and you can have all the rails I gather.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Ps73:2