May 04, 2024, 04:56:57 pm

Author Topic: Atlantis- For the new Member world- BUILDERS NEEDED  (Read 34137 times)

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Atlantis- For the new Member world
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »
With Ocean Atlantis, construction plans should start out with creating a work station. A volunteer builds a home on the floor of the ocean, and sets their home warp there, so that others can use it as a gateway into the work-zone.

I'm doing that.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »
Zen I was thinking of an airlock style entrance, but it's a straight drop that has water brakes to slow down the player to no damage when landing.

I drew up some quick plans that I'll post in a few minutes for the entrance and floor plan.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »
I was thinking something similar, except it lets the water in with the player, giving that genuine airlock feel as it closes and the running water around them drains away.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:19 pm »

This is a schematic that I made for the project, this is not a thorough plan for my idea but simply being used to test the waters for the final plan.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
Re: Atlantis- For the new Member world- BUILDERS NEEDED
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 08:29:11 am »
What material will be featured in the city?
Stone bricks?

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »
Stone bricks?

I would assume a stone or stonebrick base to act as a support system, then glass blocks for the domes.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »
Stone bricks?

I would assume a stone or stonebrick base to act as a support system, then glass blocks for the domes.

Yep- I reckon we should go for a Roman theme. Pillars, fountains from holes in the dome, etc.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »
Sounds good :D

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:42 pm »
YangusTheGreat,resoiration helms or aqua affinity would come in handy and as for dark...i used Jack'o Lantern cos it's simply to make and cheep also placeable underwater and for drowning well every builder will must make his own small air pockets on area where they placing blocks maybe the best to circle entire construction site with small air stations every 15-20 blocks apart which will be later dismantled.
Midgetized and Zen00 both got good idea about entrance just one tiny problem...once u'r in city u need to get out same way so simple drop with water/ladder brakes or water entry is good for comming in city but wont work to exit same way...u still need ladders to get down unles u add small room at top of dome where will be airlock system (room 2-3 blocks high) and then elevator shaft from there to bottom.And Duinis i toattaly agree with you on Roman theme cos Plato's describing of city was something similiar to That theme only as a advanced culture...so tumbs up for that and btw check this pic.....someone made from his notes: http://www.visitingatlantis.com/images/Platos-Atlantis-sml.gif

P.S: Sorry Midgetized i used and modifyed your drawings  ;) see:http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/matya82/Atlantis.jpg in that room could work Zen00's idea of letting water in like in submarines where water go in and u go out and vice versa
or go here for some readable info (i read longer version  ;) long time ago ) :http://www.unmuseum.org/atlantis.htm

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »
Alright, we got the glass, we have the building theme, we have the way of entry.
Now we need the enchanted gear to breathe underwater with, the stonebrick and other mats for building, and the Member World.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 09:40:46 pm »
I still pitch in for the water brake entrance, since the city warp will bring the player to the top of the entrance, players only need to /home <owner> then they're there. I also suggest an arched walkway supported by pillars as the tunnels.

_
              /   \
             I     I    I'll build it in creative single and post photo to see if it looks good.
             I     I

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The tunnel design I think would look great.

troddenostrich

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:32 am »
And here comes the best news of your project... now sponsored by Troddenostrich, building extrodinare ;D.

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 04:26:52 am »
hey if u still need builders just tell me, i can supply some breathing helms as well. just talk to me in game or message me on the forums.  :)

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:28 am »
Haha, thanks Trodden and Tech.