May 15, 2024, 11:06:13 am

Author Topic: Member World Update  (Read 66985 times)

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
Re: Member World Update
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »

Gee, that's amazing!...Wait, you mean I'll have to move my whole inventory (many double chests) AGAIN?!
    *poker face* Maybe I might not move. It'll depend on my mood, I guess. Thanks for the hard work guys!
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:38 pm »

Gee, that's amazing!...Wait, you mean I'll have to move my whole inventory (many double chests) AGAIN?!
    *poker face* Maybe I might not move. It'll depend on my mood, I guess. Thanks for the hard work guys!

can't move my City is in Old world and its my baby :D

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »
I want to ask, what is the size of the new map?
I will definitely go somewhere with sea, forests, and close to the borders.

Fadmad

• TRUSTED AGAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 04:15:25 pm »
I really love mountain houses facing a beach.  :) HOPEFULLY,I will be able to find one before someone else does. ;D (hmm, where did I put these 8 coal ps I had) :P
TRUSTED AGAIN!

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »
The borders have not been decided yet, we need optical in order to do this.

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
Areas that currently aren't generated will generate with the new 1.3 materials when the server is switched over to 1.3, as always. 

You can see places on the current server where this happened when they upgraded to 1.2, as biomes collide.  You know, you're walking along in a desert and then for some unknown reason there is a flat sheer cliff and it changes very drastically to swamp?  That's where the 1.1 map meets the 1.2 map (for example).  Even on the current map, once 1.3 is implemented any new map areas will feature 1.3 content.  Map chunks aren't "created" on the server until you actually step into them.  When they are created, it's with whatever server version you're running at the time.
Map chunks are not generated until they are within a user's render distance.

(click to show/hide)

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2012, 04:07:41 pm »
Areas that currently aren't generated will generate with the new 1.3 materials when the server is switched over to 1.3, as always. 

You can see places on the current server where this happened when they upgraded to 1.2, as biomes collide.  You know, you're walking along in a desert and then for some unknown reason there is a flat sheer cliff and it changes very drastically to swamp?  That's where the 1.1 map meets the 1.2 map (for example).  Even on the current map, once 1.3 is implemented any new map areas will feature 1.3 content.  Map chunks aren't "created" on the server until you actually step into them.  When they are created, it's with whatever server version you're running at the time.
When you make a 1.8 (beta) world you won't get a Ender portal no matter how far you walk. This world is already made so we don't know if we get Emerald Ore until Opticalza choose this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »
Could you please let us have a home in both worlds? I have a city and I plan to keep it. I want to make another city in the new world also. I need people to tp to my home so they can buy.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »

When you make a 1.8 (beta) world you won't get a Ender portal no matter how far you walk. This world is already made so we don't know if we get Emerald Ore until Opticalza choose this.

That was a rare circumstance.  Now that they've adjusted the API it should be a flawless upgrade.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:38 pm »
'*Should* is a pretty powerful word to use, because you can never completely depend on Mojang's code to do anything correct. Something is bound to go wrong at some point or another.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:03:08 am by ViperZeroOne »

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »
Sweet can't wait. Thanks for all your hard work.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2012, 07:03:33 am »
'*Should* is a pretty powerful word to use, because you can never completely depend on Mojang's code to do anything correct. Something is bound to go wrong at some point or another.

This is true, which is why I didn't say "Definitely"... LOL ..."Should" at least leaves a little room for error.

P.S.  Bahhh!  I hate when I click "Modify" instead of "Quote".
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

vonloan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:45 am »
Dude this is gunna be awesome, and yes do not explore to far as the ore wont spawn then.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2012, 11:15:30 am »
Dude this is gunna be awesome, and yes do not explore to far as the ore wont spawn then.
Doest really matter. The spawn rate is 25 times rarer than diamond and people will kill all the testigicates by the end of the week

Victor1261

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 12:36:18 pm »
Doest really matter. The spawn rate is 25 times rarer than diamond and people will kill all the testigicates by the end of the week

Why would people want to kill all the testificates by the end of the week?