May 15, 2024, 09:59:09 pm

Author Topic: Removal of the old griefed houses.  (Read 10530 times)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of the old griefed houses.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 12:05:19 pm »
If someone is banned for 2 months, then it is probably a perm ban. So what is the point of the house there?

Check it out! ;)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 04:20:53 pm »
That wOuld be a bad idea. A guy once griefed a house that looked old,but someone was in it and he was banned

Yea, but we're talking 2 months.  We don't hand out 2 month bans.  Usually 2 weeks is the longest anyone gets banned for, besides permanent.  That said, if they are perm banned (and their appeal is denied), they loose their claim to anything they had in-game anyway because they won't be coming back.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 08:29:41 pm »
I think this idea would work. but under rules they must of havent been online for at least months or something because if its a week or so thye might been on holiday...  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:48 pm »
I totally agree with this!! I live in an pretty much abandoned desert. There are griefed buildings everywhere. they have big holes u can fall down in, and they look ugly as poop :P

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 08:43:20 pm »
Ive seen nice looking Poop  :-\ jk  ;)

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »
Also(generating new ideas), players can apply to the forums if they are going on holiday for example for 2 months, they can apply so we will know that they will come and not delete their houses.

Check it out! ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 09:25:22 pm »
Also(generating new ideas), players can apply to the forums if they are going on holiday for example for 2 months, they can apply so we will know that they will come and not delete their houses.

Good idea

noobies411

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »
That wOuld be a bad idea. A guy once griefed a house that looked old,but someone was in it and he was banned

Yea, but we're talking 2 months.  We don't hand out 2 month bans.  Usually 2 weeks is the longest anyone gets banned for, besides permanent.  That said, if they are perm banned (and their appeal is denied), they loose their claim to anything they had in-game anyway because they won't be coming back.
Are you saying that If a home of a player who is permanently banned, is still standing, that we can live in that home?

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »
What if we fix up the houses (players, not mods) and we let new people to the server live there (only for about 5-7 days) so they can get their bearings and become know with the server. :) I remember my first house was a small one made of fernances to protect the roof, floor, and sides. I would have loved to have a house to stay in for a few days to get materials needed to start on my adventure. This could go either ways tho, feel free to argue. ;D

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »
What if we fix up the houses (players, not mods) and we let new people to the server live there (only for about 5-7 days) so they can get their bearings and become know with the server. :) I remember my first house was a small one made of fernances to protect the roof, floor, and sides. I would have loved to have a house to stay in for a few days to get materials needed to start on my adventure. This could go either ways tho, feel free to argue. ;D

Good idea selling on old griefed houses, Other day BigBadHenz gave me an Idea about Lost & Found box that only a Moderator can open so if that player comes back to the server they must return house and protection (If they had).

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 07:11:17 pm »
If allowed, i can sell those houses for 100 or even less. But i think people will want to build when they first come to the server instead of living in someone's home because the logic of minecraft is building. At least i want to build when i first come to a server.

Also, the majority of these houses are only a single door and furnaces.

Check it out! ;)

nonrate

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:49 am »
Ha, I noticed this recently and got so fed up with the lack of passability through easttown, I started to begin the process of fixing it. I built a bridge that goes over the area that looks like it was detonated with TNT, and I decided to just go ahead and start fixing broken buildings. It's obvious the original owners either no longer log in or no longer care.

Once you start fixing though, you need to maintain, with the expectation things will continue to be griefed. Part of the reason I am doing this is because I think it is disgraceful for new users to start out in an area that looks like it was bombed. The lack of order to the environment only encourages more griefing.

So ban me if you must, but I am continuing an east town beautification process.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 09:13:50 am »
Ha, I noticed this recently and got so fed up with the lack of passability through easttown, I started to begin the process of fixing it. I built a bridge that goes over the area that looks like it was detonated with TNT, and I decided to just go ahead and start fixing broken buildings. It's obvious the original owners either no longer log in or no longer care.

Once you start fixing though, you need to maintain, with the expectation things will continue to be griefed. Part of the reason I am doing this is because I think it is disgraceful for new users to start out in an area that looks like it was bombed. The lack of order to the environment only encourages more griefing.

So ban me if you must, but I am continuing an east town beautification process.

You can't have built in East town it is a Protected area and TNT is not allowed in the server even creepers can only kill not destory

harryob

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »
Well,
i do support the idea it should come only into pleace when the undo comes

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 12:05:46 am »
Honestly, what we need to do is take out the homes of the banned.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.