June 10, 2024, 03:52:03 pm

Author Topic: Melon Business  (Read 3719 times)

Gonor

• View Profile
Melon Business
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:28:10 am »
Hello! I've been selling melons at the market for quite a while and from the large amounts i give, it just seems i get little pay. A while ago, melons costed twice as much as before (old: 960. new: 480.). I know the old price might have been a little too much for some Mods and Admins, and maybe others, but cant we have made the price drop just say, maybe 200? With all due respect, i suggest if we can make the price 750, thus, my business of melon farming and others will flourish :D. It's hard to do twice the work because of the price :/.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Melon Business
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:49:24 am »
You can still easily get rich off of the melons. I doubt the price will be changed.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:01 am »
The price will stay how it is, even now it is easy to get rich off of melons.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Gonor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37:50 am »
yea i know... but i wander why it changed in da 1st place :P

wildone234

• Wow, what a nice house i've made! ssssssss BOOM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:52:11 am »
I think that the market should sell them an buy them per 32 slices, and here's why. Say you have a farm with 64 plants. Now when you harvest them, you won't get 64 melon blocks, because it takes 9 slices to make one block. But when harvested, melon blocks only drop 3-7 slices. So, from harvesting one melon block, you don't have enough melon slices to make a melon block.  :-\

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:41 am »
I think that the market should sell them an buy them per 32 slices, and here's why. Say you have a farm with 64 plants. Now when you harvest them, you won't get 64 melon blocks, because it takes 9 slices to make one block. But when harvested, melon blocks only drop 3-7 slices. So, from harvesting one melon block, you don't have enough melon slices to make a melon block.  :-\
People would make WAY too muh money if they did that.

wildone234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 12:28:31 pm »
Well, the price would be changed. Right now, I think that either the sell price needs to increase, or the amount of melon required needs to decrease.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 04:15:42 pm »
I have to admit, that after the dropped price, I am so bored to farm 2300+ roots.
I havent harvest them for one month now. Can you imagine the loss? I dont really care harvesting 30-40 mins to get them, and to collect Idk 10-20k.
I wont waste on that, my time. I prefer just chatting with others instead of harvesting.

wildone234

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 04:28:27 pm »
I have people that can help me with an automatic melon farm. The melons are harvested with pistons. But It takes time to convert the slices in to blocks in order to sell them.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »
I agree with the price. although it mite be haed for people to get mellons with out silk touch. i have it though:)

Gonor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:40 pm »
Let me think... Should we have a vote in order to make the melon price increase just a wee bit higher, or maybe we can bring an admin to see through our discussion? Because i DESPERATELY need the melon prices to increase in order to let my town progress.  ::)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:26 pm »
Let me think... Should we have a vote in order to make the melon price increase just a wee bit higher, or maybe we can bring an admin to see through our discussion? Because i DESPERATELY need the melon prices to increase in order to let my town progress.  ::)
You can hold a vote if you want, but I wont be raising the price so it would be pointless.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
Hey gono, with the melon prices being the way they are now, you would benefit more from pumpkins than melons in the long run.  ;)

Gonor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:15 am »
Dangit Nick! Then what's the point in doing this anyways? -_- This sucks...

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:00:43 am »
Okay look, I used to farm Melons but then I realised just how much better Pumpkins were at making me profit. For a whole inventory of Melon slices, I got 4 and a half stacks of Melon blocks. That got me around 4k. I had about half an inventory of Pumpkins, and that got me 5k. Thus I propose you switch your farm to Pumpkins, because I doubt that in the forseeable future Optical will rise the price of Melons up.

Yes I know that Melons don't grow nearly as fast as Pumpkins but there's more in it for you if you switch to Pumpkins, as you don't need to convert those Pumpkins into blocks.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.