May 14, 2024, 12:21:44 am

Author Topic: Public Usage Iron Farm!!!  (Read 11544 times)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: Public Usage Iron Farm!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 01:28:56 am »
note to self: steal chiefs idea for my iron farm.

if it makes u feel any better i'd charge obsidian so i can keep building my gold farm  ;)
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 03:23:57 am »
Why do you need obsidian for a gold farm? Aren't there other materials that aren't affected by ghasts fireballs?

Best griefer name ^

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 04:05:01 am »
     I believe that Netherbrick also is unaffected by their fireballs. But chief, I think he wants it to be obsidian cuz it looks cooler.  8)
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 10:25:39 am »
He wants obisidan for a pigmen-portal farm

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 11:51:07 am »

Yeah, haven't you ever got bored and went to random people's /homes? I've seen some pretty awesome projects and builds that way.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 05:23:19 pm »

Yeah, haven't you ever got bored and went to random people's /homes? I've seen some pretty awesome projects and builds that way.
Oh someone said to me through pm that I should check his farm out so xD

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 06:00:31 pm »
I was talking to chief back there. Guess I should have made that more clear.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 09:41:37 pm »
IMPORTANT NOTICE

The farm is now closed to have some issues addressed! The following changes will be made:

1) some sort of blocker to keep people from walking out of the collection room and back up to the main tracks.
2) The minecart placer needs some work. Right now if someone places more than 1 iron ingot in the system and the time for the first ingot runs out, then the next ingot loads up, and makes the dispenser place a second minecart or more. I need to fix this so it places only 1 per rider.
3) A couple other really minor things Ill change.

1) place glass above the track, they wont suffocate, can't walk through, but a minecart will still ride through it.

2) i used a pulse length detector to keep it from refiring on each payment block, would prolly work for u to.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 01:13:42 am »
Iron farm back up.

Cost: 1 gold ingot for 5 minutes!!!

Put more than 1 gold ingot into the hopper to get a longer ride time. If you place 2 gold ingots into the hopper, you will get 10 minutes of ride time before you get sent to the collection chest.

Fixed a lot of things! Enjoy!

Best griefer name ^

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:12 am »
I would like to say that I loved your iron farm! I put in 2 gold ingots, and you what i got? 5 stacks of roses!
as well as 40 iron :D
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 03:36:02 am »
      phsically, that should be impossible to achieve, but Ill test that also...
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 05:24:32 pm »
I had decided to give your iron farm a try.  I put in 2 gold ingots and everything was going well.  I saw I was arriving at the iron farm.  This is when the trouble started.  My minecart ran into another minecart, so that minecart was sent to the iron collecting farm, while mine was pushed back.  I was stuck inbetween a downsloped powered rail and detector rail that was protected by a cobble block above.  I pushed my "up" button to try to continue through the tracks but my minecart couldn't go fast enough. I got out of my minecart, but only to be warped back to where I first entered the minecart. :( I pressed /back and I was stuck in a block.  I tried to escape using ender pearls but it was no use, and I never go my iron and roses. So it was the fault of the person who left their minecart abandoned near the iron farm.

PokeyzRule

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 08:23:57 pm »
I had decided to give your iron farm a try.  I put in 2 gold ingots and everything was going well.  I saw I was arriving at the iron farm.  This is when the trouble started.  My minecart ran into another minecart, so that minecart was sent to the iron collecting farm, while mine was pushed back.  I was stuck inbetween a downsloped powered rail and detector rail that was protected by a cobble block above.  I pushed my "up" button to try to continue through the tracks but my minecart couldn't go fast enough. I got out of my minecart, but only to be warped back to where I first entered the minecart. :( I pressed /back and I was stuck in a block.  I tried to escape using ender pearls but it was no use, and I never go my iron and roses. So it was the fault of the person who left their minecart abandoned near the iron farm.
For a fact, i know that wasn't me, because i clearly remember breaking my minecart and placing it in the hopper :) But that must suck for you :(
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »
For a fact, i know that wasn't me, because i clearly remember breaking my minecart and placing it in the hopper :) But that must suck for you :(

chief u can automate the minecart retrieval process by running it into a cactus above a hopper, been working great for at my farm so feel free to steal my idea  :P

PokeyzRule

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:52 pm »

chief u can automate the minecart retrieval process by running it into a cactus above a hopper, been working great for at my farm so feel free to steal my idea  :P
I tried tiggy's and it worked :) and also i put a gold ingot in, but just like fnv, i glitched back into the beginning of the track :(
Mew York