April 25, 2024, 04:32:07 am

Author Topic: Help me build a PC!:)  (Read 7788 times)

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Help me build a PC!:)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 06:37:55 am »
You know, I hear about 50/50 reviews. I'll have to look up the youtube videos, though. Most things I hear is you're paying for the name or it's gone bad since Dell purchased the company. My buddy has an Alienware laptop and I was pretty impressed with it's performance. Although I do think he upgraded it somewhere, I don't remember what part exactly.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 08:20:17 am »
If you're going to spend that much money on the computer at least use the computer and not just play minecraft :p

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:17:31 am »
I'm not going to just play Minecraft. lol

Diablo III drops in a couple of days. :)

I'd love to play Skyrim again. I played it on PS3, before it completely bugged out on me. I was looking at some of the mods they've made it for it, and wow! Looks like more fun.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »
I've heard alien wares are good, but just a complete ripoff, If you're going to buy your own parts, I've heard its best to get them off the company that makes them directly (not even sure if it's possible) But it'd be pretty fun playing games with 0 lag. After all it's all entertainment money ;)

I have near no experience with how any of these parts work, or how they compete with each other. But I'd suggest finding a one of those forums that specialize in guides and what not.

I think you'd get a LOT more help here. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/ (Found it in a quick google search, seems decent enough)

This is probably the board you're looking for. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/27-system-building-and-upgrading/

anyways good luck, and be sure to post your new computer in the picture's thread (The computer version!)
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 04:32:24 pm »
I'm not going to rag on you for spending crazy money.  It's like building and driving a hot-rod of a car.  Why do that when you can drive where ever you are going in a basic 4-door Toyota?  Same goes for computers.

I built my own PC... a very modest i3 machine that's not really designed for gaming at all, then I built a home media server.  When you do it, you learn a lot about how they work.  You know where to look when things go wrong down the road.  And you get everything exactly as you want it.  It's fun too!

With a computer that powerful though... you may want to think about what else you can use it for other than gaming.  There are lots of possibilities.

Good luck... I'll share any resources as I come across them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:34:01 pm by acegdl007 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 04:35:45 pm »
Dont buy alienware, you will end up spending almost twice as much as if you built it yourself.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:15 pm »
A man should never worry about how another man spends his money. Nobody should worry about what the next is doing. You said it correctly, why buy a hot rod when you can drive around a Toyota beater? That's what makes the world great, is free will to choose what you want.

Of course one vehicle gets you from A to B, the hot rod can do it faster.

Does the man in the Corvette have to drive like he's in a drag race or does he realize he has the power and can just chill?

If everyone went with the "just good enough" attitude, the world would be a helluva lot boring. Variety is the spice of life.

To clarify, I'm not going to be just playing minecraft. I can see that assumption as the forum we're on, but I assure you I will do my hardest to make that machine stutter for a bit. It will get much use. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:00:36 pm by 24kGold »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »
I am not worrying how you spend your money, I am just informing you that you will be paying a ton of extra money because of the name. I honestly dont care if you waste your money, I am only here to inform you that there are better options if you wanted to spend less.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
That post was for acegdl.

Waste is such a interesting word applied here. One man's waste is another man's treasure. I'm full of pseudo-phillosophical sayings. I blame being around fighters who admire Bruce Lee.

I honestly don't think I plan on getting an Alienware, and will mostly like opt to build it from the ground up, and I do welcome & appreciate suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:39:38 pm by 24kGold »

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 10:11:21 am »
I'd say buy the parts and built it yourself:
1. You can combine whatever you like.
2. Its much cheaper than buying a premade.

About the performance thingy, i have to say that i made my pc 2-3 years ago with stuff not so new ( nvidia gtx 260 winxp sp3 intel core2 duo @ 3+ ( overclocked) 750hdd 4gig ram) and i can still play games like crysis 2 and CoD at ultrya graphics without paying much.
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."