April 28, 2024, 08:24:50 pm

Poll

Poll: Which Themes should I consider for the other 4 discs? (Top 4 will be chosen) 4 votes per person

Nether World (be pretty interesting)
6 (11.8%)
Medival Locale (a bit over done imo)
3 (5.9%)
Space Inspired (something I'd like to see but would take a while)
8 (15.7%)
Desert Environment (pretty easy and interesting)
6 (11.8%)
Waterworks (water water everywhere @_@)
5 (9.8%)
Mushroom Biome (honestly not a big fan)
4 (7.8%)
Lava Mountainous (a bit dangerous and mod heavy)
5 (9.8%)
Cloudland (be a bit hard to pull off)
6 (11.8%)
Jungle Overload (too many treehouses o.O)
8 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Community's Tower [Residental Discs Info] [Poll]  (Read 3203 times)

tbpb2010

• View Profile
Community's Tower [Residental Discs Info] [Poll]
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »
I've decided to make seperate topics for the main components of the Community's Tower for the sake of not having too much stuff in a single topic.  This topic is going to be focused on the "Residental Discs" that surround the central shaft of the tower.
LINK to Community's Tower MAIN TOPIC: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,6624.0.html

Concerning the poll: I've already chosen a green field-like theme for the North Disc and I wanna know what the community would like to see because, well it's called the "Community's Tower" Also feel free to suggest new themes to be added to polls! If it isn't a redundant or boring theme I'll add it. People can vote up to 4 times and change their votes!  This may be because when I show pictures, they might not want that anymore.  The imagination sees only what it wants to see :P

Residental Discs:
There are 5 residental discs that face West, Northwest, North, Northeast, and East so I'll refer to them as such until I decide for more better names for each area :P

Basically each disc will have it's own theme and be developed as such:

^The North Disc - Green Fields Themed

The "zones" in the image shows where the INN and the statue will be built. 
INN:  Each disc will have an inn. The Inn will be based on the theme chosen.  It'll probably be no more than 3 stories and is mainly for newcomers to rest, have acess to crafting tables, room chest, furnances, and a bed (which probably will never be used on this server :P) I may also grant access to enchantment tables for free or $1 fee.  Also there will be a lobby and a lounge with food either for free or again $1.

Statue: Each disc will have a themed statue. I may have design contests to decide what the statues for the others discs will be if people are interested.  I'm debating on how big the dimensions for the statue's space should be so I'll probably be updating this very soon.

Housing:  There will be prebuilt homes in each disc and will be available for new residents to move in immediately.  These houses will be built in the building zone in the image above. The citizens can decide whether to keep the pre-built home they got, or tear it down and build another.  Of course citizens could just build their own home in the free space and can build it with any size.  HOWEVER, I will judge on whether they are being too greedy with the surface area of the land because there need to be room for other citizens as well.  Building as high as the want is perfectly fine.  Housing on the top "floor" can have stairs coming down to the bottom floor as long as they aren't too invasive and look decent enough. I will probably not charge citizens to build if they provide their own materials and don't take too much space.  I may charge if the space is ridiculously large.

Roads. Lightning, and Scenery: There will be a block layer for each disc dedicated to defining the roads of the disc and can be expanded upon as more citizens move in and create structures.  Lightening will be kept enough so mobs don't spawn (uunlike it is now XD)  Scenery may be harvested by anyone i.e. trees AS LONG AS IT IS REPLANTED.  If it gets too excessive I may only allow certain people to harvest scenery.

North Disc:Details and Theming are in progress (4/20/12)
The disc is going to be a Green Field themed area.  There will be a tree in the middle that represents the architecture of the tower. 

tbpb2010

• View Profile
Re: Community's Tower [Residental Discs Info] [Poll]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »
I had to redo the topic just to add the option to add more votes >.> Sorry for people who already voted....but you can now vote up to 4 times :)

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:28 am »
I had to redo the topic just to add the option to add more votes >.> Sorry for people who already voted....but you can now vote up to 4 times :)
I've removed your other topic as requested.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:21 pm »
Bump.  Needs more votes :P

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:18 pm »
Bump.  Needs more votes :P

I'll probably stop bumping after I get at least 15+ votes.  Also I may not star serious progress on this until May 15 cuz thats when I'm free for the summer :P

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »
At the beginning I was, didnt I vote int he past? Later on, I saw your message.
Lets see how it will go.

bern019

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 01:34:42 am »
One dome can probably be empty or staff reserved or not. We can build on the grass on the wood. The empty dome can be themed by our guests. We can charge a tax if they greifed because we don't want others banned. Or any penalty. We can build higher like towers or skyscrapers.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 08:38:27 am »
I just noticed something, if you go jungle overload then your going to need...well trees but will you be able to fit tres in a disc?

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
Seems like Space Inspired and Jungle Overload are the top two but I got a 4 way tie for the last 2.  I will get started on the long overdue maintenance of the tower and hopefully get started on these two first soon.  If the 4 way tie isn't broken I will randomly pick two of them for the last two themes.