April 29, 2024, 12:28:15 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application: [Tylerhan2000]  (Read 2492 times)

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
Moderator Application: [Tylerhan2000]
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:53 pm »
Name:Tyler Han (IGN: tylerhan2000)

Personal note: PLEASE READ Admins, I do realize the general impression I have put on in the past few weeks. My sincere apologies for leaving without note for such a long period leaving behind such a massive city. I would like to grant the city mayor title to troddenostrich for all his hard work and labour into the city. The primary reason I had left was because of irl issues and also the fact that I had been rejected for admin-ship in light of all the dedication and achievements I hold proudly and dearly in this server, which overall sounds like an extremely immature act of reasoning, but also the reason for my brief absents over my 2 years of membership within this community. Although I realize my chances this time are even more slim, I just wish for one chance to prove myself, a simple chance I had been looking for over the past 2 years on this server, spanning 5 rejected applications. I promise to be on as long as humanly possible in accordance to my schedule, and put all my effort into helping this community. Thank you for considering this and reading this article.
Best Regards-
Tylerhan2000

Timezone:PST, ( But I usually play whenever I can or whenever anyone needs help)

Forum Join date:DEC 4th, 2010

Current rank:builder(Classic) trusted(SMP)

Were you recommended by anyone?:: DeadlyLead101.

Reason for application:I personally would love to become a moderator and help with the griefing problems me and many other people experienced. Also to take action against many racist and harmful signs and words i see.
Ive been playing on this server for some time now. This is my favorite server thus far and I would like to contribute to the community in any way I can. I hope can prove myself worthy of this position. And also, I am one of the more senior members on this server.
But really I want to be a moderator to repay opticalza for his time, money, and dedication to this server to allow us all to play for free, I hope I may repay his kindness by ridding the server of troublemakers to strive to ruin people's fun and also help out new members on their journey in this server. Also I hope that I could help lift the weights off the current moderators' shoulders, due to the surplus amount of players streaming on. I understand that to be a moderator, I must give up my time to help with the server and it's players, I understand that responsibility and I will do anything within my limits to uphold it.  
Now that Mincraft is officially out, I hope to extend my responsibilities as an moderator if I do so get approved, I am a seasoned SMP player, know all the commands for Bukkit (I have been a SMP mod before). Help new players around and such.

Why you should become an moderator:^^ also about the fact that I used about 170k blocks to build in classic, as well as creating the largest city on the SMP server (in terms of population), supporting the evidence of my dedication and time put on forth into this server. And of course, i would love to help people and their creations and goals, and to prevent griefing. I've had some personal experience with griefing on the server myself, as now I vouch my war against griefers and bring every one of them to justice no matter what it takes. Also opticraft is the only server I play on minecraft and certainly the best community I have had, and I feel honored to be a part of it. I am now very active on the forums and i can help out with things. Also I would like to point out the fact that I am the founder of the largest city on the server, in terms of population, and that city is very prone to grief attacks daily and also many new players seeking help as well as the city of my friend Zezenov, since I visit the two sites very often, and grief or damage will be easily spotted. I want to help Opticraft maintain a strong community free of griefers and people who decide to ruin the time of players on this server. In short, I know all the commands, responsibilities, and exceptions for an moderator. And really in times like this I feel powerless with no mods on and also a sense of guilt watching griefers ruin people's enjoyment of this wonderful and unique game. I also believe I should obtain the title of moderator because to the fact that I am a nearly 2 year old member of this great server, and I have been around here for longer than any other of the current moderator applicants. (I have seen and meet friends new and old, still among us and departed of minecraft, I remember the old admins, Hanno and Darkpowerzx, as well as texasbaseball, and I have been around since our current admins where no more than builders on classic ;) )

Extra Information:
(I believe that i am personally good at computer media arts, 3DS max, Maya, photoshop after effects, sony vegas, blender 3d etc.)

Thank you for taking your time to read this application, I know it's a big long in contrast to the other ones, but I appreciate your help!

Times when moderators are overwhelmed or there are no moderators on at all.

And also a promotional I have made for Opticraft: :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuS6v6gG6A
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:55:55 am by tylerhan2000 »

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application: [Tylerhan2000]
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »
The first screenshot was taken quite a long time ago, before astrii was trusted.
Now we have many more Mods and a few Operators.
Good luck tylerhan. :)

Dshock336

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:26:37 am »
Good luck! Definitely think we could use more mods. We have a lot, but they are like all on at once and then all get off lol

troddenostrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:13:58 am »
Welcome Back!!!! hey if ur serious about making a commitment to the server then u have my recommendation, just dont leave us next time the city became a wreck for a while gl :D

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »
I am removing my recommendation until you are more active. I understand with IRL issues that you haven't been able to come on, but I will want to see you on more than once a month. Either way, good luck.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »
Not try'na be a party pooper, but isn't this, this : http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,7329.0.html

tylerhan2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:53 am »
Yes, they are similar, I have put in a lot of effort, toil, into making that application, and to me, I personally believe that the application exceeds many other applications I have seem over the course of my membership. I think it is still up to date and perfectly expresses my intentions and opinions.

troddenostrich

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 02:23:14 am »
The only thing keeping u from mod is your play time, if u become committed and dont disappear for a month and can stay consistent with that then the admins will surely see this

tylerhan2000

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:16 am »
If anyone decides to look carefully into my history at this server, each time I leave for a certain duration of time, is almost directly following a rejection for a moderator/operator rank. The time before the rejection however, I would dedicate every moment of free time to the server and the community. As much as I realize how immature the course of these actions are, I simply get depressed and lose spirit after every rejection, telling myself to move on, to another server or another game, but something always kept being me back to this server, be it my achievements, my friends new and old, and the wonderful community that will not be found anywhere else on this world.

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:50 am »
Unfortunately, rejected. Thank you for your application.