April 26, 2024, 02:47:10 am

Author Topic: Builder Application: Selyeen  (Read 962 times)

selyeen

• View Profile
Builder Application: Selyeen
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:56:00 am »
Ingame name:
     Selyeen

Briefly describe all your creations:
     My first build was a 16 floor highrise condominium. The building is square in shape, but has obsidian and glass wrapping around it to give the building a less rigid appearance. The highrise has an attached parking structure, and a beach themed bar on the roof. I decorated the interior of the first floor, and included a lobby.

My second build is a round, 3 story mini condo situated in a 51x51 block pond. the building has the same wrapping style as the 16 floor highrise. The round shape makes the building look particularly nice with the wrapped shell. I decorated the first floor unit in this as well. I added a 31x31 Hedge maze to the front of the condos, with a central fountain and 3 entrance doors. The maze is quite a challenge, to be honest.

My third build is a pentagon shaped amphitheater. I wanted to build a large, open stadium of some sort with this build. The pentagon shape worked out amazingly well for the theater, as there is a clear view of the stage from any seat in the building. The seating was the most challenging part of the entire build, and taught me a number of useful tricks for future builds. I included rafters for lights and pyrotechnics above the stage, and racked speakers as well. The concessions are still under construction: as soon as I dream up a way to make them look good, i will edit them. The shell of the building has a wrapped glass construction as well, to smooth its appearance.

My fourth build was by far the most challenging, but also, personally, my most rewarding. I envisioned a waterfall, cascading down a cliff into a pond for this build. Do to poor placement of the build on my part, it was moved away from the wall of the map that was to serve as my cliff. I decided instead to make this a fountain. The best part of it, however, is its natural appearance. the front face of the fountain has a sheet waterfall that wraps around a significant portion of the fountain. All throughout its creation, i wanted to keep the fountain open, almost volcanic, with water seeping and collecting and pouring from numerous directions. I also wanted the central area of the fountain to be cavernous. I honestly am at a loss for words to describe how well this project turned out, so, I will leave it to you to judge the pictures, and the build itself in game.

All throughout my builds, I am critiquing myself, and trying to come up with better, smarter ways to build. Most importantly, however, I strive to be different from anything I see in minecraft. I am not the strongest detailer, so I am constantly seeking advice and looking at others work to try and improve upon my detailing of builds.

What worlds are the creations on:
     Most of my work is in Recruit43 (The Current Recruit World) I have one in Recruit42 as well.

Links to screenshots of the creation(s):
     http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,8835.0.html
     I have placed screen captures of all my builds in this forum topic. Pictures are hosted on imageshack, and are in individual project Albums.

Names of players who helped contribute:
     I have constructed all of these builds myself. I am always open to creative insight and criticizm, and actively seek out the opinions of fellow builders to improve upon my builds.

What is your current rank in Opticraft ?:

I am Recruit at the moment. I was ranked the day that I started playing on Opticraft. Dreamaboutjade actually asked me to add detail to a build so that he could rank me.

Extra (Anything else you want to mention):
     I appreciate consideration for Builder, and hope to continue building, and constantly improving my work. Also, I hope to be a positive influence on the builder population of Opticraft. I also love helping to keep guest maps free of clutter, greifers, towers, and other general annoyances. I am a good, beginning computer programmer, with experiance with Scripts, VB, C, C++, Python, and Matlab.

Do you agree with our terms(http://www.opticraft.net/index.php?topic=3.0) ?: Absolutely.

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
Re: Builder Application: Selyeen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:34 am »
Accepted I'll get another op to promote you ingame

selyeen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:11 am »
Well, TYVM sir.

RedstoneManny

• PENTAGONS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:57 pm »
I read it in the end ^_^ I'm proud!! The best part (probably the only really good) of being OP is the opportunity to discover, protect and help valid players like you! Those grievers that tried to destroy your stuff that day had what they deserved!
Also i want to say your behavior is the right one! You didn't even ask me for rank up! Your building did it for you!  :)
I'm sure i will learn from your buildings  ;) and i think opticraft soon will have a new generation of crafters  :) :) :) :) :)

formerly known as DreamAboutJade (classic)