May 01, 2024, 08:33:24 am

Author Topic: List of server plugins and their functions ingame.  (Read 12393 times)

Smiteme69

• View Profile
List of server plugins and their functions ingame.
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:16 am »
Hi all,
      Being fairly new to Minecraft I got curious about the plugins that the server uses and what they all do.
 So after so research of each plugin I thought I would make a post about them for other 'lazy' curious people :) or just less sad, whichever.
 Its very long winded, I was hoping to use spoiler tags but they dont exist here atm.
 If you spot anything incorrect or needs adding just say.
 Alot of it is copy and paste, and I was thinking of adding all the commands that can be used in each plugin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worldguard
Allows us to protect land so only certain people may touch it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logblockquestioner
LogBlockQuestioner is basicly just a plugin that asks questions for a plugin.
If that doesn't make sence here's an example:
When you find a block missing from someones creation, you use the bedrock to search the user who griefed the block.
LogBlockQuestioner does this:
100 blocks found.
Are you sure you want to continue?
- /yes, /no?

See how it asks you a question, and you can respond with 'yes' or 'no'.
Thank you xDeeKay for info :)

Plugman

PlugMan is a simple, easy to use Bukkit plugin that lets server admins enable, disable and reload plugins on the fly from either in-game or console. It has separate permissions for users to be able to get command usages and plugin info.

Features:

•   Enable/Disable/Reload Plugins on the fly.
•   All commands work on the server console.
•   List plugins and show their status in green (enabled) or red (disabled) without client crashes.
•   Get plugin info such as the version, author(s), and description.
•   Permissions support (not required though).
•   List the commands a plugin has registered.
•   Describe the usage of a plugins commands.

World Edit
WorldEdit is a powerful tool that assists you in building, fixing, and undoing griefing incidents.

Features:

•   Replace an area with different blocks and randomly distribute blocks in the area
•   Restore an arbitrary selected area from a backup in-game
•   Build from far away by just swinging at a location
•   Generate spheres, cylinders, cuboids, forests, pumpkin patches, and snowy areas
•   Copy cuboids, paste them, rotate them, mirror them, and save them to file (MCEdit-compatible)
•   Smooth regions, fix non-stationary water, extinguish fires, kill mobs
•   Build from far away, mine instantly, generate trees with a right click
•   Delete chunks, find out which chunks were in a region, look up your current chunk
•   Count the statistical variation of blocks inside an area
•   Teleport to the location that you are looking at, ascend through ceilings, pass through walls

Opticraft Plugin
A sexy custom addon made for Opticraft, and will more than likely have new bits added in future.

Features:
  • Anticaps - disallow talking in all caps.
  • Blockhat - /hat command
  • BorderGuard - prevents people moving out the map border
  • Buckets - controls use of buckets
  • Zombe control - Prevents use of zombe mod
  • Donation Manager - logs all donations
  • Proxy detection (Drone BL) - Checks you aren't conencting from a proxy listed on drone BL.
  • Enderman - prevents picking up of blocks
  • HomeFixe - fixes the /home command
  • invesee - allows mods to see peoples inventories
  • Ip throttler - limits number of connections from a single ip.
  • Lagmeter - monitor server lag
  • Login Hider - hide player logins/quits if criteria is met
  • new player rewarder - give new players items
  • Chat manager - prevent chat spam/flood or saying banned phrases
  • Scheduler announcer - Announces messges periodically
  • Server lockdown - enables ability to lockdown server from new players temporarily
  • Server restarter - daily restarts of server
  • Silktouchdisabler - disables silktouchs on ores.
  • Stats dumper - Dumps online stats to file
  • Suffocation prevention - prevents players from suffocating.
  • Vanish - allows mods+ to vanish
  • VehicleDisabler - prevents ability to jump in vehicles (temporary)
  • VoteManager - Reminds you to vote

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

Vault Plugin
Vault is a Permissions, Chat, & Economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. It was born out of a distaste for how both Register and the current Permissions API are run, and their lack of features or over-complicated implementations. Vault attempts to solve these issues by being intuitive and providing plugins with support for any system that they may use.

BanHammer Plugin
A plugin that makes the ability to ban and kick ban people by just hitting them with a hammer.

PermissionsEx Plugin
PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

Features:

1.   Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
2.   Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
3.   YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
4.   SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
5.   Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
6.   Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
7.   Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
8.   Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
9.   Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
10.   Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
11.   Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
12.   Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
13.   Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
14.   Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users  
15.   Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
16.   World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
17.   Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
18.   Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

NoCheat Plugin
NoCheat will try to identify illegal data sent by players and exploitation of bugs in the game based on the information the player sends to the server. Such illegal behaviour may be moving faster than normally possible, or breaking blocks that are clearly not within the normal reach of the player.
If such behaviour is identified, a multitude of actions will be executed automatically (customizable by you, read the Instructions.txt file that gets generated when you run the plugin the first time), that may include logging the incident, informing an admin, stopping the player from doing whatever he did, or something else (you have a lot of freedom here).

Essentials Plugin
Essentials offers over 100 commands that are useful on just about every server. Inside you will find commands to help both players and staff.
Features include: TP, warps, homes, kits, mob spawning, and various mod tools.

EssemtialSpawn Plugin

EssentialsSpawn is currently in the process of perfecting Permissions-group-based spawns, so that each group can have an individual spawn location. EssentialsSpawn has solid multiworld support.

LogBlock Plugin
LogBlock logs block changes into a MySQL database. Block changes can be placed or destroyed block, explosions, burned blocks, sign text changes, chest access, leaves decay etc.
It can be used as griefer identification tool, to find out who build a particular building, or even roll back changes by certain players. Other purposes can be e.g: Undoing of forest fires
All additional features are optional, to keep the database as short as possible. All database actions run in their own threads to avoid server lags.

Features:

•   Logging for block placing, block braking, fire, explosions, leaves decay, signtexts, lava flow and chest content
•   Very mighty commands system, not only allowing to rollback and redo, but also to tp to blockchanges, delete log ingame etc. Full list of commands.
•   Many parameters for lookup/rollback/redo/tp/clearlog commands: Block changes of one ore more player, in a specific area, in a world edit selection, specific block types only, block changes older or newer that a specific date, destroyed/created block only, in a different world and combinations of all these parameters. Full list of parameters.
•   Rebuilding map after importing a backup (/lb redo)
•   Last parameter to use the parameters of the last command
•   Quick ingame lookup of block history a wood pickaxe or a bedrock block.
•   All commands accessible from console (exept tools  )
•   Custom queries for tools.
•   Different tool modes (lookup, rollback, redo, writelogfile and clearlog)
•   Saves block data like wool color, log type, torch adjustment, etc
•   Multiworld and multiserver support (some servers sharing the same database)
•   BigBrother log import
•   Loggable super pickaxe plugin (not to confuse with WorldEdit's super pickaxe)
•   API
•   Webstats

LWC Plugin
LWC-Economy allows players to buy protections with economy money. At the moment, iConomy, BOSEconomy and Essentials are supported It can be configured on a per-user and per-group basis.

Features:

•   Plug 'n play! LWC handles all dependency resolution -- you just put LWC.jar in your plugins directory
•   Has reached a level where its routinely safe and stable.
•   Protections can be: Public, Password, and Private (by User and/or Groups)
•   If the block has a persistent inventory (ex. chest), LWC can protect it! (Unless the server owner disabled the protection of a specific block!)
•   Limits of how many protections a user or group can lock
•   Small memory footprint. No flat files.
•   For chests, only 1 side of the chest needs to be protected. The plugin saves space by dynamically linking connected chests as protected

PreciousStones Plugin
This is the plugin responsible for keeping your houses ect, safe from griefers by using coal(small protection area, 11x11x11), lapis lazuli(medium protection area 21x21x21) and diamond ore block(large protection area 41x41x41).

I have just threw this together so sorry for anythinig that don't make sense I need to read through it at some point.
 /Smite
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:31:35 am by Smiteme69 »

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
Re: List of server plugins and their functions ingame.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »
Wow. May I sticky this?

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:03 pm »
Very nice. I didn't know we had this many plug-ins.
All your mine are belong to me.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »
Protection Stones are Tiny, Small, Medium. Heard they might add a new one.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »
Wow. May I sticky this?

Was that question at me?
 Or Op's and that?

If me then yes.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »
LogBlockQuestioner is basicly just a plugin that asks questions for a plugin (hense 'questioner')
If that doesn't make sence here's an example:
When you find a block missing from someones creation, you use the bedrock to search the user who griefed the block.
LogBlockQuestioner does this:
100 blocks found.
Are you sure you want to continue?
- /yes, /no?

See how it asks you a question, and you can respond with 'yes' or 'no'.
Hope this kinda helps :P
More info: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/dev-logblockquestioner-v0-03-so-many-questions-1-2.20823/

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »
Hi,

It is worth noting that HeroicDeath, Permissions, IRCraft, CFBanner and ScheduledAnnouncer have been removed.

Thanks for the post, I will give a more detailed response later.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:58:43 pm »
IRCraft
Will you get another IRC plugin working? I like to have the chat logs.

---><--- Click the monkey

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:03 pm »
IRCraft
Will you get another IRC plugin working? I like to have the chat logs.
Yes but it is not high up on the list of priorities.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 05:21:55 am »
Hi,

It is worth noting that HeroicDeath, Permissions, IRCraft, CFBanner and ScheduledAnnouncer have been removed.

Thanks for the post, I will give a more detailed response later.

Righto I started doing this before the 1.2 update :) Deleted them from main post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:24:55 am by Smiteme69 »

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
the Opticraft plugin??
sounds cool and I found out that it is custom
Other than that - I don't know what it is :S

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 12:04:13 pm »
Opticraftplugin does the following.

Anticaps - disallow talking in all caps.
Blockhat - /hat command
BorderGuard - prevents people moving out the map border
Buckets - controls use of buckets
Zombe control - Prevents use of zombe mod
Donation Manager - logs all donations
Proxy detection (Drone BL) - Checks you aren't conencting from a proxy listed on drone BL.
Enderman - prevents picking up of blocks
HomeFixe - fixes the /home command
invesee - allows mods to see peoples inventories
Ip throttler - limits number of connections from a single ip.
Lagmeter - monitor server lag
Login Hider - hide player logins/quits if criteria is met
new player rewarder - give new players items
Chat manager - prevent chat spam/flood or saying banned phrases
Scheduler announcer - Announces messges periodically
Server lockdown - enables ability to lockdown server from new players temporarily
Server restarter - daily restarts of server
Silktouchdisabler - disables silktouchs on ores.
Stats dumper - Dumps online stats to file
Suffocation prevention - prevents players from suffocating.
Vanish - allows mods+ to vanish
VehicleDisabler - prevents ability to jump in vehicles (temporary)
VoteManager - Reminds you to vote

There are more internal components, but not worth mentioning :P

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »
ah!
wow, the Opticraft plugins does LOADS of stuff!
thanx opti :D

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 05:05:02 pm »
Cheers Opti, added them to main list.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »
I like how you added, 'A sexy custom addon made for Opticraft'
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.