April 24, 2024, 09:06:48 am

Author Topic: Tyler Bryant  (Read 2788 times)

turtleman918

Tyler Bryant
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:08 am »
I thought this guy need some more recognition so i decided to tell you guys about him. He's epic guitarist that I recently discovered(recently being a few months ago), Tyler Bryant.

Tyler got his first guitar at the age of 6. When he was 11, he sold the dirtbike his parents had just given to him for Christmas and bought his first electric guitar. At 13, Tyler toured with Roosevelt Twitty, playing shows around Texas. At this age, he also performed at the 2011 Austin City Limits Music Festival, and began writing his own songs. At 15, he began his own band, and toured with them in the Texas area and in Prague and Germany. He was also presented  the Robert Johnson Gibson New Generation Award for aspiring young guitar players at 15. When he entered high school, he began to listen to more rock and roll music, and this influenced his music. Tyler has toured with or opened shows for Jeff Beck, Aerosmith, Joe Bonamassa, B.B. King, Pat Benatar, Heart, Smash Mouth, Styx, REO Speedwagon and Vince Gill to name a few. Even more impressive is that Vince Gill, when talking about Tyler, said "To be 18 and play like this kid is the rarest of the rare. Hands down a future guitar god."

This kids guitar playing blew me away, and did even more so when  read up on him.

heres a few songs by him and his band, "Tyler Bryant and The Shakedown"
Shackles
Kickin'
Kick The habit
Say A Prayer
House That jack Built
Being Here
Good Life

Its cool how you can see his musical roots in the music he and his band put out. The folky and rock and roll elements, as well as other aspects.

Heres the wiki article on him, which I got most of my information from: Tyler Bryant Wiki
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:26:56 am by TurtleMan918 »

turtleman918

Re: Tyler Bryant
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:45:32 am »
Lol, no one, really? :o

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:56:12 am »
He's amazing, If i say so myself.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:41 am »
Sounds like a pretty awesome kid. He's a lot more talented than me, that's for sure. All i can do is juggle. Woop-de-doo. :P

He must be pretty epic on Guitar Hero, though. I can only barely manage Hard difficulty (expert is super hard).

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:05:21 am »
Guitar hero is a joke, if anyone thinks it even comes close to real guitar they are insane.

This kid is pretty good, watching some videos made me watch more so that is a good thing.

That being said this kid (16) is pretty talented http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-DrbwqdBDw

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:12:07 am by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:11:23 am »
Guitar hero is a joke, if anyone thinks it even comes close to real guitar they are insane.
When I said "he must be pretty epic on guitar hero", I was actually joking. Guitar Hero is just smashing buttons, so I'd be surprised if someone had honestly taken my comment seriously :P

turtleman918

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »

That being said this kid (16) is pretty talented http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-DrbwqdBDw

He's pretty damn good aswell.