April 28, 2024, 09:38:51 pm

Author Topic: X-ray Mods  (Read 4380 times)

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
X-ray Mods
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:03:58 pm »
As it seems that an overall increasingly amount of people are being banned for use of X-ray mods.
first of all, I'm sure the only reason someone would do this is by thinking that they could easily get away with it and earn some freebie minerals.
Technically, it is impossible to determine a x-ray pack from server to client side.
But then a human factor comes into play, moderators can detect them upon randomly visiting players who might possibly be mining. Particular patterns include:
Obvious long, dark, tunnels, that lead straight to caverns and minerals
Long, dark, vertical Shafts that plummet straight down avoid lava and other hazards and leads to mineral rich caverns.

Either way, X-ray mods/texture packs are considered a bannable offense, no players should be using them whatsoever from either testing them or actually using them to exploit the server.
X-ray mods are hard to detect when the user is extremely careful, but you should know that what you are doing is a violation.

I have personally been Perma-banned from a SMP server I used to play on for X-ray mods, and my lesson had been learned, I hope that everyone will that this opinion seriously.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
Re: X-ray Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »
I'm afraid I don't understand the point of this topic. Can you be clearer please? :)
All your mine are belong to me.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »
Shame!
Why did you use that mods? I believe that the normal gameplay provides you the required to survive.
I believe that the topic is about violation which is always revealed.

Btw, do u have Tellas S.A ISP? WHere are you from? I am asking because this company operates in Greece..

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »
Btw, do u have Tellas S.A ISP? WHere are you from? I am asking because this company operates in Greece..

That is your ip, and internet provider, not his...

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:33:04 pm »
:O! I thought it was from just for that player.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
Tylerhan's signature is an ISP mirror-- it relays YOUR computer and IP information back to you, so what you are seeing is your information (looking at a virtual mirror). If tyler were to look at it himself, he would see his own computer and IP information.

Back on topic, use of any mod (the only exception is the Optifine mod) is forbidden and any indication on the use of such mods will lead to a ban. We have a list of dedicated staff that know how different mods work (we are a swiss army knife, figuratively speaking) and any indications and definitive proof found will be used against your defense-- by chat logs, screenshots, and other means.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »
If I knew how to make an anti-x-ray plug-in, I would create one that uses less CPU than the other one. That is, make the ores appear as stone, instead of making the stone appear as ores. And ofc, when visible through air blocks, you could see the ore instead of stone.

---><--- Click the monkey

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:46:28 pm »
Sorry if the post is a little bit confusing, it's simply my opinion on x-ray mods. This thread is probably in the wrong place to begin with.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »
Sorry if the post is a little bit confusing, it's simply my opinion on x-ray mods. This thread is probably in the wrong place to begin with.
And I was elaborating on your opinion saying how we could stop it from happening.

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:10:36 am »
And I was elaborating on your opinion saying how we could stop it from happening.
mr_mr_mr the problem with your theory is that some xray mods work differently.
there is a certain client, not naming, but it uses the seed of the world to determine
where the ores are, to bypass the anti xray plugin.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:01 am »
Well, it still prevents other mods, the more popular ones.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:48 am »
mr_mr_mr the problem with your theory is that some xray mods work differently.
there is a certain client, not naming, but it uses the seed of the world to determine
where the ores are, to bypass the anti xray plugin.

There are also plugins which generate the ores using a separate seed to that of the world.

However, that has issues because it isn't as natural.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »
Is there a plugin that can stop people from using x-ray texture packs as well?
I have encountered a few people that seem to be using it or an x-ray mod.

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »
I would think it takes up a lot of memory, Of what I remember from my previous server.
Probably the best Builder ever.

bern019

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:19 am »
Does it really take violations yo find ores?  I mean seriously. Its easy. Just make a lot of stone tools while you all use valuble things.