April 28, 2024, 04:24:01 am

Author Topic: Principals  (Read 5628 times)

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
Principals
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:38:48 am »
I'd like to say a few things that are bothering me.  Mainly, it has to do with the way people in this community have been treating each other recently, even before this issue blew up.

Firstly, I would like everyone to start thinking of this community as a single team.  Recently, it seems like people have had a admin vs. certain ops mentality.  This isn't the way it should be! Remember that the admins have put in an awful lot of work into this server, and their only goal is to help the community grow.  Also keep in mind what the operators have done for this server.  Everyone in this community deserves respect, even if for no other reason than that they are a human being (not a name with an attitude).

Secondly, building on the idea of teamwork, I'd like to challenge everyone in this server to do something:
If you disagree with someone's actions or attitude, talk to them about it.  Don't sit back, "lose respect for that person", and then gossip about it when that person isn't online.  That helps absolutely nothing.  What I want you to do is to pm that person on the forum or IRC, and discuss it with them.  Treat them with respect, don't take a confrontational attitude, and simply voice your concerns.  Most likely, they will appreciate your input and take it into consideration, especially if they are someone on the staff.  This should especially be effected with the admins.  It seems that several people have had their problems with the way things have been run, but never said anything about it until now, and unloaded everything at once.  This practice (actually called "stamp-booking") is very damaging to relationships.  So please, please open up the communication lines and work together to improve ourselves.  Let's learn from recent events, and become a stronger community.

Keeping the above things in mind, it has come to my attention that someone thinks that I promote to recruit too easily.  This concerns me, as I have thought that I had high standards.  So I politely ask that whoever has this concern please pm me (not mention it here) and I'd like to work it out with you.  I'm not mad, don't worry, I just want to improve as an op. ;)
All your mine are belong to me.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Principals
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:46:53 am »
I like the idea of PMing people about problems you may have with them but From my time here I have found there are a various number of immature people (no name, no one to blame) that think retaliation in it's sarcastic form is the idea of 'sorting things out'. It just annoys people more and in all honesty I just don't think people would do it maybe because they want to keep the relationship they have going with a certain person. Or because (to put it bluntly) they haven't got the balls to stand up and say 'Hey, I think you're doing this wrong. Would you please take my thought in to consideration and change the thing you do'. Obviously, if there is any one on this server who would speak to someone like that then the respect for that person would be lost in a matter of minutes.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:50:46 am »
I like the idea of PMing people about problems you may have with them but From my time here I have found there are a various number of immature people (no name, no one to blame) that think retaliation in it's sarcastic form is the idea of 'sorting things out'. It just annoys people more and in all honesty I just don't think people would do it maybe because they want to keep the relationship they have going with a certain person. Or because (to put it bluntly) they haven't got the balls to stand up and say 'Hey, I think you're doing this wrong. Would you please take my thought in to consideration and change the thing you do'. Obviously, if there is any one on this server who would speak to someone like that then the respect for that person would be lost in a matter of minutes.
If done in a pm, the only respect that would be lost would be from the person being pm'd.  And if that's the case, there are bigger problems at work.
All I'm saying is be respectful.
All your mine are belong to me.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:15 am »
If done in a pm, the only respect that would be lost would be from the person being pm'd.  And if that's the case, there are bigger problems at work.
All I'm saying is be respectful.
I understand that's what you're saying but some people in the server do lack the respect towards others that should be expected.
And it's just being insanely obtuse.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:02 am »
I disagree, you should loose respect for someone after one mistake. No matter how much good they have done. To keep on giving that person chances takes up your time, which could have been used on talking behind that persons back.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:12 am »
I disagree, you should loose respect for someone after one mistake. No matter how much good they have done. To keep on giving that person chances takes up your time, which could have been used on talking behind that persons back.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Troll King has returned to us!

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:40:57 pm »
you see i have TRIED this i can admit that when i was pm'ing nick about my app what i started out with was not the best sentence but i wasent saying "omg yo better listin to me" or " dude come on this is just idotic on your part" but what did i get in return? i was told i was whinning, iggnorint, immature, locked topic, hell and fire shot at me, and someone who refuses to reply. this is why i am mad because the admins and others have become so rude that they cant even listin to us and have to dissagre with everything. this is why i went to the whole "relvelotion" thing because even when i try this idea even why i try to have a good conversation on it on mumble i got shut down locked out and told that i should problly leave instead of actully trying to work it out and resolveing these problems. 

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:21 pm »
you see i have TRIED this i can admit that when i was pm'ing nick about my app what i started out with was not the best sentence but i wasent saying "omg yo better listin to me" or " dude come on this is just idotic on your part" but what did i get in return? i was told i was whinning, iggnorint, immature, locked topic, hell and fire shot at me, and someone who refuses to reply. this is why i am mad because the admins and others have become so rude that they cant even listin to us and have to dissagre with everything. this is why i went to the whole "relvelotion" thing because even when i try this idea even why i try to have a good conversation on it on mumble i got shut down locked out and told that i should problly leave instead of actully trying to work it out and resolveing these problems. 
It sounds very much like whining, little. I haven't seen said PM's but from those sentence starters it sounds a lot like whining. Nick is a mature guy and he knows what he is doing, hence why he is an Admin. The same goes with Relkeb.
You are being quite immature about all of this. And it all started because you heard something you didn't know?!

littlej11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:06 pm »
It sounds very much like whining, little. I haven't seen said PM's but from those sentence starters it sounds a lot like whining. Nick is a mature guy and he knows what he is doing, hence why he is an Admin. The same goes with Relkeb.
You are being quite immature about all of this. And it all started because you heard something you didn't know?!
uhg here we go agian with how people think im whinning, you cant just go ahead and read words off a screen and say "hey this dude is whinning" you got to listin to the writers point of view because in real life if we were talking i could add tones to my voice, but on words i cant so you have got to listin to the writer! and it wasent just because i heard something i didnt now that just in-raged me when im trying to fight a battle but i know notthing about the other side because they keep stuff from you and then use that stuff they keept from you, agianst you!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:38:04 pm by redchecks »

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »
uhg here we go agian with how people think im whinning, you cant just go ahead and read words off a screen and say "hey this dude is whinning" you got to listin to the writers point of view because in real life if we were talking i could add tones to my voice, but on words i cant so you have got to listin to the writer! and it wasent just because i heard something i didnt now that just in-raged me when im trying to fight a battle but i know notthing about the other side because they keep stuff from you and then use that stuff they keept from you, agianst you!
Listen, sonny. I am on mumble as much as I can and have been for a few months and not once have I come across (in what you're saying is some sort of secret organisation) something that goes against a player or the server. Not once! All you are doing is overreacting because you heard something you never expected. I don't know hat you heard and to be honest im not asking what because you're mad and are bound to stretch the truth. So what I say is drop it, people who are on mumble regularly know that was is said in mumble is usually completely off-topic about Opticraft or is about the game(helping each other with stuff). You need to calm it. and get over the 'shocking news that is used (supposedly) against us all!'

Anyway, that's ending the conversation as it is now going off topic.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Troll King has returned to us!

Whoops, sorry, forgot to use the [/sarcasm] tags. I use it a lot to make a point. Live with it.

You are a tv. (A reference to other people not knowing the definition of troll. I do not know the definition of tv, hence blindly using it whenever i can't find a better word.)

littlej11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:21 pm »
Listen, sonny. I am on mumble as much as I can and have been for a few months and not once have I come across (in what you're saying is some sort of secret organisation) something that goes against a player or the server. Not once! All you are doing is overreacting because you heard something you never expected. I don't know hat you heard and to be honest im not asking what because you're mad and are bound to stretch the truth. So what I say is drop it, people who are on mumble regularly know that was is said in mumble is usually completely off-topic about Opticraft or is about the game(helping each other with stuff). You need to calm it. and get over the 'shocking news that is used (supposedly) against us all!'

Anyway, that's ending the conversation as it is now going off topic.
what the hell? i never once brought mumble into this and i never called it a "secret organization" that was relkeb ok get facts right. and i didnt hear something i never expected a heard something that was completely the opposite of what i have been told and and for one
YOU WERE NOT IN THIS CONVERSATION so stop thinking that every conversation in mumble is off topic or meaningless we were talking about opticraft and we were talking about the applications and everyone fighting you got that sonny? and i never once said it was "Shocking news that is agianst us all" i am saying they are keeping secrets from us and in the conversation that I WAS HAVEING NOT YOU they were using things agianst me that i never even knew. ok so get your facts right before you go dissing someone.

so basically in your entire paragraph YOU were stretching the truth and i think you need to drop it because CLEARLY you do not know enough about the subject.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:45:16 pm by littlej11 »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:44 pm »
ENOUGH. You see why the server is falling apart? Because of useless fights like this. Drama, drama, drama! If youre upset about something, say it. DONT SIT THERE AND BLAME OTHERS LIKE A PACK OF WILD ANIMALS. This is pathetic, and I am ashamed to know people like this. Get your shit together and stop. Blaming wont do shit.

littlej11

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 09:57:20 pm »
ENOUGH. You see why the server is falling apart? Because of useless fights like this. Drama, drama, drama! If youre upset about something, say it. DONT SIT THERE AND BLAME OTHERS LIKE A PACK OF WILD ANIMALS. This is pathetic, and I am ashamed to know people like this. Get your shit together and stop. Blaming wont do shit.
i will stop fighting when someone actually LISTINGS to my ideas and not call me immature or a complete idiot afterwords

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:03 pm »
i will stop fighting when someone actually LISTINGS to my ideas and not call me immature or a complete idiot afterwords

We do listen. However, we dont always agree. That doesnt mean to throw a fit. THATS why people are calling you immature. Because when things dont go your way, you sit there and whine.