June 16, 2024, 10:08:58 am

Author Topic: Disappearing loot  (Read 10020 times)

Strangerz

• View Profile
Disappearing loot
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »
Lately i have noticed that when i die I typically lose all the stuff I was carrying. Yes, when you die your things fall to the ground but now they are disappearing. I can die right outside my house then spawn and /home right away and all the stuff is gone.

I heard people complaining about this in chat and i thought it was just because they were to slow at getting to where they died but this is not the case. It has happened to me multiple times over the past few days and it seems that there is a issue.

Is this supposed to be happening?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Disappearing loot
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »
That is a little unusual-- normally this should not be happening... I'm not certain what could be causing that, but we will start to investigate the possible causes of this

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »
That has happened to me TWICE!!! D:  At first I simply thought that it was because I wasn't reaching my stuff in time, but since it happened on two occasions in which I made it back relatively quickly and got SOME stuff back but not all which was weird.....(I lost so many iron ores and diamonds that way @_@)

My armor and an apple stayed but things like ores, cobble, and dirt were gone.  BTW cause of death both times were creeper explosions (could the creeper explosion nullification thingy be erasing items too?)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »
  BTW cause of death both times were creeper explosions (could the creeper explosion nullification thingy be erasing items too?)
two creepers. both blew you up. one killed you, one blew up your items.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 11:36:07 pm »
Creepers are able to destroy your items when they explode and kill you,

Another reason could be that someone walks past the items just after you are killed and the rules say unless you ask for them back or can prove they have them you can keep items found on the floor.

Implosions

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 01:41:29 am »
I noticed this after I built my skeleton grinder. I noticed some of the drops weren't being picked up, just sitting on the floor. They disappear after roughly 15 seconds.

Littleevilwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »
I noticed this after I built my skeleton grinder. I noticed some of the drops weren't being picked up, just sitting on the floor. They disappear after roughly 15 seconds.
i have a skele spawner trap and i havent noticed anything like the drop disappering (yet)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

Another reason could be that someone walks past the items just after you are killed and the rules say unless you ask for them back or can prove they have them you can keep items found on the floor.
One creeper explosion can not destroy a players items, because before the creeper explodes, the player has not dropped the items yet.
1. Creeper explosion
2. Player death
3. Item drop
But if a second creeper was to explode after your death, then yes your items would be destroyed.
I'm pretty sure this is a glitch though, as this has happened to alot of people, including myself.

turtleman918

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:01:36 pm »

One creeper explosion can not destroy a players items, because before the creeper explodes, the player has not dropped the items yet.
1. Creeper explosion
2. Player death
3. Item drop
But if a second creeper was to explode after your death, then yes your items would be destroyed.
I'm pretty sure this is a glitch though, as this has happened to alot of people, including myself.
whenever im killed by a creeper, the majority of my items are gone.

Strangerz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »
It happens over and over again.

This time a mod was even helping me and saw it happen (wish i could remember his name or wish he would post). He was helping me and while i was walking a creeper snuck up behind me and blew me up. When i came back 80% of my loot was gone. When i mentioned it i think he thought i was implying that he stole it and he was even a bit confused about it. I told him that i recently made a post about it and he said something along the lines of "oh well if you made a post then it should be taken care of"... but i dont think this issue is getting much attention.

I would understand if a second creeper was blowing up my stuff (but they dont even blow up dirt, walls, or anything else.. should they blow up items?) but there is definitely not a second creeper every time this happens.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:40:57 pm by Strangerz »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »
Hmm... the more claims of people losing their inventories after dying in general is starting to sound like a plugin to prevent theft of lost inventories...

I don't know, but it's starting to sound like it since this is starting to happen more and more frequently

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:52:35 pm »
It has yet to happen to me. Creepers blow up items, so in order to avoid this, dont die by a creeper.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »
This happened to me when we where fighting the enderdragon i got killed by a enderman and then when i got back my stuff was all gone

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:22 am »
Just saying guys, I'm starting to think this may be a little bug :/
I may be totally wrong, and opti or someone else may already know the cause of this, but this has has happened to so many people. I get players in game telling me that their diamond tools dissapear upon death, and it seems only a fee items can be recovered, even when they are killed by a mob other than a creeper.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15:47 am »
Yeah, I hit a cactus and died. When I came back, my torches and bow were gone. =.=