April 19, 2024, 02:33:16 am

Author Topic: There's still classic...  (Read 6198 times)

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
There's still classic...
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:26 pm »
I know (although I don't understand why) that most people prefer to play smp above classic, but, and I'm mainly directing myself towards the operators here, keep in mind that we also still have a classic server with guests that require help. Just today I have already been pulling operators back from smp just because there were over 150 guests online on classic and not a single operator to help them. I understand you guys also play for fun, and of course the opticraft smp is new and (as you think) fun but keep in mind that the smp is mostly financed by the donations from classic so far and without motivated ops great builders (still guests) will leave for lack of anti-grief help and promotions.

Posting this in suggestions because I still think you should not feel any pressure by what I say here, just keep it in mind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
Re: There's still classic...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:07:15 am »
yeah i agree monkey i had to get on mumble along with some other people to praticly drag them onto classic and i know you guys want to play the game sometimes butn you cant forget about the server that started it all

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:10 am »
I'm not a big fan of SMP so although I am only one person - I will be on classic A LOT more than SMP.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:41 am »
I speak for a lot of people when i say this, we have been waiting quite awhile for the launch of Opticraft 1.0.0 and are very excited for the server at this point. I realize classic still need Ops but i think this situation was expected. I was on classic today so I know it is pretty bad at times, but i think after a few days the Ops will begin to go back on classic a little more.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 01:01:07 am »
Ha. Most if not all the people applying for SMP Moderator position are all Classic Operators, goodluck with this Monkey.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 01:18:01 am »
Yeah.. I have mentioned it, too. Its the new thing. That's why.

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:25:19 am »
Well I guess it is a good thing that we have so many classic operators.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:09 am »
It's an amazing feat that we have been given this exclusive privilege to play on the new and improved Opticraft SMP server, but we also need to realize that some of us have a duty to commit to.

I, for one, will continue to pop into the SMP server once in a while, but will continue managing the classic server more often. It wouldn't be too much to ask for a couple free hands as well.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:55:38 am »
Ha. Most if not all the people applying for SMP Moderator position are all Classic Operators, goodluck with this Monkey.
And this is why they should have a "new-wave" of operators for SMP. Not the same guys from Classic.

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 03:01:59 am »

im going to juggle both classic and smp, i think i can do it

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 03:22:42 am »
Becuase of the troubles i'm having with wom crashing every 30 seconds, and mincraft serverlists being down more then up... i can't connect on classic at the moment...

would have been today but ^

anyway hope to be on more soon wom works better on my parents computer.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:50:41 am »
I plan to try and juggle smp and classic like PsYk0.
As of now, I am playing smp more, as its a whole new experiance that I want to try out.
Soon though, I think that most of our operators (I speak for myself, and I hope I speak for them) will try to get a 50/50 divide, or possibly even more on classic.

I think one reason that so many of the ops are on smp (I mentioned this to you Monkey before) is that you can still hang out and chat to you're friends, but it takes some of the pressure off, as in classic, you are always being called by guests, who can't work out how to do this, or want a promotion for that small build, or whatever, while in smp, everyone knows what they are doing more. There is less chatspam etc. (Well apart from when spammers attack, but thats a different matter).

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »
I'm getting quite tired of having to beg operators to get on classic. A lot of thanks to the people that do listen sometimes, but in general I'm very disappointed.

Just a simple reminder:
the smp is mostly financed by the donations from classic so far and without motivated ops great builders (still guests) will leave for lack of anti-grief help and promotions.

Classic is also a great way to get more people that are new to minecraft to play on the smp if they would buy the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Victor1261

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 05:13:51 pm »
I think that Salas is right with having a new wave of operators for SMP. However, we could also have a new wave of classic ops and then have people who could do both and another wave of SMP ops. That might be too many ops though.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:32 am »
I think that Salas is right with having a new wave of operators for SMP. However, we could also have a new wave of classic ops and then have people who could do both and another wave of SMP ops. That might be too many ops though.
Yeah, that'd be a bit too many people floodin' through at once. We don't want to deface the value or definition of what it means to be an operator/ moderator. Too many to the left or to the right could cause some problems-- it's best to balance it out.