May 02, 2024, 04:14:14 am

Author Topic: There's still classic...  (Read 6210 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: There's still classic...
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 11:13:46 am »
I know where your coming from, and I agree that there are a lack of ops on classic recently, but I also agree with what Wratkie said.
We all enjoy both servers, but the recent launch of SMPhas left us exited :P
As I now have 2 positions on Opticrafts servers, I try to be as active as possible on both.
I mainly play SMP in the morning, and Classic at night.
I will probably slowly start to move back to Classic though, but as of now I am on trial for Mod, so I need to focus a little more on SMP.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »
I am lost too, because I face some problems. My college's network has blocked the incoming-upcomings of WOm and Minecraft, and I learned it yesterday after tries of 1 hour to recognize the problem. I managed to bring with me my laptop to have access but nothing.
On the other hand, while I was in, in classic only me or one more Op were online.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 06:18:55 am »
I understand many ops are either busy or enjoying smp but honestly, this is an ongoing issue. sometimes we go full days without ops and other times its the late nights. i suggest we work out some kind of system (shifts possibly?) so we can have a constant op at most times. I cant tell you how many times people have confused me for an OP and begged me to fix their stuff or rank them. Not to call out OPs (honestly im not trying to call out anyone), but as an op i understand the job as a whole is to protect, help and rank players and to care for every single one (until ofc a cause for ban is in question). It makes me sad to see the griefed and unranked members begging for help when there is none at the time. As OPs, you must have the responsible duty to carry out your role in the Opticraft society. Without you guys, the server erupts in utter chaos.

I am not expecting anyone to just be forced to come in or volunteer but at least work out something. If you must make shifts, then do it. If you must approve more OPs then please do it (we have plenty of eager people wanting to help out). Finally if you want to volunteer to spend more time, then by all means do so. If i could propose another idea....I was thinking perhaps we have sort of, trial ops or something (a rank on its way to be full op but not there yet; capable of banning griefers and fixing grief but not being able to rank yet). I know this would mean a complete change into Opticrafts ranking system, but they are only proposal ideas that i hope might influence admins to consider.

I know this isnt a simple process but sometimes there comes a time when issues like this must be solved. Im a recruit who hopes to one day be a builder and then eventually OP so i can help out.

Thank you, in advance. I hope this is all considered.