April 26, 2024, 09:10:32 am

Poll

Can we make a college in our server?

Yes
No

Author Topic: COLLEGE  (Read 2009 times)

pickleguts

• View Profile
COLLEGE
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »
I think that creating a minecraft "college" would be fun. There we could teach newbies like members how to build good. But I think this may take up a lot of room and I wouldn't be able to build it by myself. Any replies would be good. Thank you in advance
~pickleguts

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: COLLEGE
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »
And how would we get them to attend? I dont think you can make tutorials in classic. And not only that, they would just skip it all.

pickleguts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »
But if they wanted to get better they would come I know I would come and if they don't come it is there problem they just wont get better

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:11:42 am »
The only thing about college, is to build a campus..:P
The guests are like animals. We cant handle them. I think you were online yesterday with 150 guests.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:38:07 pm »
I think this is making it too much a long the lines of an RPG.
This server is a free build server and the way to get good is to practice. Yes, I agree that showing guests how to build would be helpful and such but a college would be a too drastic of a measure.
Maybe if there was to be some sort of tutorial done by 1 Crafter or 2 to help Guests build more to the standards we accept for recruit+. They could just be taught on a private world or something like that. To attend the 'class' would be to sign up to the class via the forums.

But personally, I don't see this escalating to anything major.

pickleguts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »
ok now that I look back I can see that a campus would have been a bad idea but I like the way you put it redchecks I thnk that could work

Victor1261

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »
I personally think that the college idea would work better in SMP. That way we could just use signs. There's a game on steam that I used to play called spiral knights. They had something like this and it was completely optional (like it should be). It was called, the advanced training hall. You would go in and you would see different blocks. When you got close to a block a little bubble would appear and tell about how it worked. We could just use signs to the same effect! Then put it in the spawn area so no one could do anything to it.