Check why you were banned here: Ban Lookup
When to make a ban appeal
Before even thinking about making a ban appeal, ask yourself these questions:
- Did you break any of the rules?
- Did you grief another players work?
- Did you swear excessively?
- Did you upset an operator/ moderator or cause general disrespect to other members/ players on the server?
- Did you draw hateful symbols or say hateful remarks?
If the answer to any of these questions is Yes, definitely
, then your chances of creating a successful ban appeal is severely hindered.
If you truly believe your ban was:
1) Not warranted
2) Not appropriate
3) Handled badly by a moderator or operator
4) Not correctly entered (sometimes a moderator will mistype the ban command and accidentally make a ban permanent)
5) A miscommunication
or any other potentially valid
scenario, you should make a Ban Appeal. Do note that we are not robots; sometimes mistakes happen, and we will be sympathetic in dealing with your appeal.
--If you were banned by CONSOLE with the reason "Automatic grief detection"
You were banned for triggering one of many Automatic Grief Traps
Antigrief is a system designed to efficiently and automatically ban griefers. Multiple buildings have been placed in undisclosed locations around the world. If you break several blocks within those buildings, the antigrief is triggered and issues an automatic 7-day ban.
This system is highly successful and under most circumstances, a ban appeal should not be posted for such bans.
--If you are receiving a message from the server saying something along the lines of You are connecting from a known proxy
This is a security precaution. Please make an appeal here if you are getting this message and we will do what we can to make sure that you can play again.
Again, this is only a security precaution
to protect the server from spambots and hackers.
--If you were banned by BanImport with the reason Compromised account. Change password before unban.:
You must change your password immediately.
Your account has been found to be on a publicly available list of "grief accounts" and is no longer secure. Malicious users may log into your account and wreak havoc upon the server under YOUR name.
To be unbanned, please make a Ban Appeal containing a screenshot proving that you've changed your password. Here's an example of an acceptable screenshot that would allow us to unban you:http://i50.tinypic.com/10s9n5i.png
What NOT to do in a ban appeal topic
- Post while angry. Simply don't do it. You will look stupid, and you will not be unbanned. Abusive language does not make us want to unban you. Calm, well-reasoned posts are the key to being unbanned in a timely manner.
- Please do not post More Than One appeal per user per ban. Multiples will be deleted, and you will lower your chances of a successful appeal.
- Do not hijack other user's threads (posting in an already active appeal). The person who opened up the appeal is the one that uses that thread, so don't solicit in other's appeals unless you are DIRECTLY involved in that appeal.
How to format your ban appeal
- Your topic title should contain the name of the moderator that banned you and your SMP username, preferrably in the format "[cschurz] RandomUser123 Appeal". The moderator who banned you can be found on your ban information page.
- Your post MUST contain a link to the ban information page that contains the relevant ban information (ie: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=cschurz )
If your name is not on the list, use the "search ban history by username". If your name does not show up even after a search, make this known in the topic. That should not happen. Please note that it may take up to 5 minutes for your name to become visible.
Your post should also contain:
- All relevant circumstances surrounding your ban. Help us help you. If you leave it up to the memory of the moderator to remember what happened and don't provide your side of the story, you shouldn't expect to be unbanned.
- Why you think you should be unbanned
There is no strict guideline for what your ban appeal shound contain besides the link to the ban information page. Show us that you can be reasonable, and you may
If you've read all of the above and would like to create a Ban Appeal topic, please click here