April 29, 2024, 01:32:36 am

Author Topic: Spawner  (Read 7222 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Spawner
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »
I found a spawner in my mine, and saved it for a mob trap, by putting torches around it.

Today, I let several people in my mine, with only 1 instruction. Do not touch the mob spawner. When I came back, I found this:

Note: I included co-ords in it.
Thanks.

Also, it was a spider spawner

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spawner
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:44:33 pm »
Fixed. Luukebaas did it, and he is banned now.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Pow! told you Claw! he took my iron, he broke your spawner :P
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »
I find it weird that you call it"your mine" cause when you broke into tobs mine you claimed it wasn't his mine but it was the servers mine.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:52 am »
I find it weird that you call it"your mine" cause when you broke into tobs mine you claimed it wasn't his mine but it was the servers mine.

Hehe  ;)

JKA

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »

I will say it once, and I will say it again. A mineshaft is the owners. An Abandoned Mineshaft is spawned in with the land, in the same way that unless you planted a tree, or built a fence around it, its not "Your tree" until you mine it.

Fixed. Luukebaas did it, and he is banned now.

Thanks Optic!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:15:06 pm »
All the stuff in your mineshaft is spawned in with the land too so your argument fails. If a player finds an abandoned mineshat and starts digging how is that different than you digging your mineshaft? You both didnt make any of the resources down there. It is basically a finders keepers system.

II_Zero_II

• Divides by Zero Daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:01:45 pm »
While i respect that comment Nick. I ran into the same problem when i accidently dug into Mul's mine a gigantic cavern and series of tunnels that he dug. apparently digging out is the same property as placing blocks so while they didnt place the resources in game, if you took the time to dig it, its yours. at least thats my understanding from the information provided.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »
All the stuff in your mineshaft is spawned in with the land too so your argument fails. If a player finds an abandoned mineshat and starts digging how is that different than you digging your mineshaft? You both didnt make any of the resources down there. It is basically a finders keepers system.

The general rule I follow is that if you unearth it, its yours. If its alreadyexposed, its finders keepers, free for all.
In a mineshaft, any ore you get you must have dug out stone/dirt/gravel/whatever to get to it. In abandoned mineshafts, all ores are on the wall.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:13 pm »
He still found the mineshaft and claimed it as his, just like you claimed your mine as yours. Regardless of if he dug it or not, you have to follow the same rules for every situation. You didnt unearth all the resources left in your mine, but that doesnt mean someone can go into your mine and dig them up.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »
He still found the mineshaft and claimed it as his, just like you claimed your mine as yours. Regardless of if he dug it or not, you have to follow the same rules for every situation. You didnt unearth all the resources left in your mine, but that doesnt mean someone can go into your mine and dig them up.

What counts as my mine then, and what counts as the surrounding area. i would not like anyone touching any exposed ores, but I am happy for them to find new, unexposed ones. Also, this isn't the point, as the whole point of a mineshaft (abandoned) is the seeds in the middle. Which I got, then Tobs forced/blackmailed/whatevered me into giving him. But this isn't the point.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 10:26:39 pm »

What counts as my mine then, and what counts as the surrounding area. i would not like anyone touching any exposed ores, but I am happy for them to find new, unexposed ones. Also, this isn't the point, as the whole point of a mineshaft (abandoned) is the seeds in the middle. Which I got, then Tobs forced/blackmailed/whatevered me into giving him. But this isn't the point.
As far as he is concerned you stole them by going to his home, then racing down there before he could get there. While there is nothing in the rules that says you cant do that, that was an incredibly lame thing to do.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 10:39:56 pm »

As far as he is concerned you stole them by going to his home, then racing down there before he could get there. While there is nothing in the rules that says you cant do that, that was an incredibly lame thing to do.

. I couldn't have used his home, as his access to his mine was, and still is locked. Also, both he and Turtle were already in it, and shouting to the whole server about it. They already had had time to look around, and then they started advertising it. But we are getting offtopic. Feel free to pm me if you still have concerns on this matter.

ReljaM

• I RULE THE WORLD WITH NO PICTURE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »

. I couldn't have used his home, as his access to his mine was, and still is locked. Also, both he and Turtle were already in it, and shouting to the whole server about it. They already had had time to look around, and then they started advertising it. But we are getting offtopic. Feel free to pm me if you still have concerns on this matter.

I think that if someone (in this case claws mine was ,,griefed") comes in a mine that has no name, but knows who digged it, and still dig in it, it is griefing. But if you just runned into someones home, and not changed anything (to survive) then at least you should left a apple for the house owners. It is like saying "Thanks!" . But if you don't know who is the former of the mine, you should ask about the owner of that mine. If you find out, you should ask him of using it. If he rejects, leave him a gift in a mine. That is fair. But if you just run into a mine that has resourse in it, and say it is yours (if mine does not have a name) that is more than griefing. That is stealing property. You should be banned for that. It is like someone stole your house, you find him, and call the police. The police will take him to jail. So claw has the right to take this case to a Admin. IT IS WHAT I THINK

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 08:03:22 pm »

I think that if someone (in this case claws mine was ,,griefed") comes in a mine that has no name, but knows who digged it, and still dig in it, it is griefing. But if you just runned into someones home, and not changed anything (to survive) then at least you should left a apple for the house owners. It is like saying "Thanks!" . But if you don't know who is the former of the mine, you should ask about the owner of that mine. If you find out, you should ask him of using it. If he rejects, leave him a gift in a mine. That is fair. But if you just run into a mine that has resourse in it, and say it is yours (if mine does not have a name) that is more than griefing. That is stealing property. You should be banned for that. It is like someone stole your house, you find him, and call the police. The police will take him to jail. So claw has the right to take this case to a Admin. IT IS WHAT I THINK

Uh, you know the guy got banned and spawner replaced, and I am happy? So no need to take it to an admin lol :P