March 29, 2024, 12:02:10 pm

Author Topic: Ummm what happened?  (Read 1885 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Ummm what happened?
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:11:03 am »
Why is Opticraft all of a sudden quiet? Im on right now and there is 5 people on. I heard that Opticraft Dev Server isnt on the first page on Minecraft anymore? If this isnt true then can someone tell me why its so quiet.
-xDeeKay

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
Re: Ummm what happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:50:42 am »
thats weird :/.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:20 am »
Um you see, the server restarts occasionally. Servers are listed by how long they have been online, by default.
So since the server restart, the timing also restarts and opticraft is no longer at the top.
This means guests may not see the server unless they go through the pages, so fewer guests come online.
Lastly, it could be because of the timezones.

Clarify if I said anything wrong. ;D

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:44 am »
Um you see, the server restarts occasionally. Servers are listed by how long they have been online, by default.
So since the server restart, the timing also restarts and opticraft is no longer at the top.
This means guests may not see the server unless they go through the pages, so fewer guests come online.

Will Opticraft ever get back to the first page? Or will it stay where it is now?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 11:23:32 am »

Will Opticraft ever get back to the first page? Or will it stay where it is now?

It should.

skull2323

• Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 12:34:25 pm »
hopefully it will. :)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »

Umm... Yes, it has tons before.

---><--- Click the monkey

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:31:10 pm »
Looks like there may of been a bit of connectivity issues between minecraft.net and us, which caused it to reset our uptime from #1 back down.

We'll get back up there. Timeframe is hard to give, because the easiest way is for minecraft.net to go down and reset everyones uptime, but this doesn't occur consistently.