May 02, 2024, 04:29:46 am

Author Topic: My Not So New Project - Tall, Biomechanical, Photo-enhanced, Building  (Read 4095 times)

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: My Not So New Project - Tall, Biomechanical, Photo-enhanced, Building
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »
Umm you're using this towards your crafter app?
Quote from: Relkeb
Your creations must be your builds only.

Sorry.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:03 am »
Umm you're using this towards your crafter app?
Quote from: Relkeb
Your creations must be your builds only.

Sorry.

Dang it! I hate it when ur right!  :P.....Although technically I've only had help with clearing out the space for my building to be.  No one has actually help me build the building itself.  But If I must have ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL IN ANY WAY I'll use some different projects for my crafter app. 

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »
Well, if I were to judge in crafterapps, I wouldn't care at all how many people helped you, as long as it is your design. I mean, why would you need to fill up 5 layers of lava all by yourself? It's still just a pool of lava :/ It's the details that make it epic, and you will need to add those yourself anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CheesyMan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »
This is a very crude 5 min sketch (in MS paint obviously) of a project i've been working on.

The idea behind this revolutionary building is that it's a tree capable of generating vast amounts of ener.....ah screw it.  i just felt like making this for no real reason other than that I like it! :P 
I've already started clearing out the area where I want to build it.  (I've actually been working on this for a few months) It's in the builder past the miniture SoL.  I'm currently working on the top leaves. 

This is my current status: 4-25-11

Anybody is welcome to help but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the insides of the building.... I will probably dedicate rooms to various members if yall ask so feel free to do so!
Nice! that looks really cool, keep up the good work!
sorry, I'm not 20. that was a joke :S

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »
@MrMonkey
I like your philosophy on the subject but in a sense the crafter app kinda has the same logic ppl had behind cuboiding powers.  In the end it seems manual labor is prefered over design quality (not saying both arent important, one just more than the other)

@CheesyMan
Thnx :D

K I think what I have now is looking pretty nice!  Now I gotta fill in the leaves, widen the trunk and extend it, add some branches, work on the interior then I'm done!  If anyone have any tips or feedback feel free to compliment or criticize my work.  This is probably my first "serious" project I've done on this server and I wanna know what ppl think.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:35 pm »
Well, if I were to judge in crafterapps, I wouldn't care at all how many people helped you, as long as it is your design. I mean, why would you need to fill up 5 layers of lava all by yourself? It's still just a pool of lava :/ It's the details that make it epic, and you will need to add those yourself anyway.
I agree with this somewhat. But if you think about iut i could sit here and desgin great buildings but if i dont actually build them, its really useless.

I think you need to find the perfect middle of the 2. I agree with what tbpb is saying that i would rather sacrifice a little on the detail and build it block for block than make it a little better and use commands like cuboid to finish it (not saying that there is anything wrong with that). It is an interesting topic, i would love to see what the admins have to say about it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 10:07:19 pm »
A tip on more random looking leaves, make it random :P Just have some leaves sticking out instead of the same thing all round, like you did in the drawing. But even now, it does look good :P Maybe it's even better to have it 'bad' looking on the dark side, to give a more mechanical ambience to it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:32 pm »
@Nick3306
Thnx for the input! I'm sure there's a topic somewhere on the forums about this....if not, guess I'll have to start one! :p

@Monkey
Thnx Monkey, I was intending to add the "randomness" factor to it but decided to stick with the same leaf all around because at the time it was too hard to add randomness without it looking too strange.  I might do it now because I have some order to it and it'd be much easier for me.  I was also think of that too about having it look "bad" on the mecha side.  But I'm not sure how to go about it....any specific ideas?

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 12:38:50 am »
At the moment I'm about 78-80% done with the "tree".  I still have the trunk, branches and insides to do which should take no more than a few days to finish.  Right now I'm slowing my work on the tree (partly because I'm tired of constantly working on it)  so I can start working on other projects I hope that will get me closer to becoming crafter.

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 02:16:26 am »
Update/add more pictures. I really like this project.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 06:45:37 pm »
Well I'm reviving this old project!  I know its been like 4 months since I've done anything here lol but I really want to finish this one. Even though the worlds have been changed around since I was gone, I found this on builder4 so I'll probably be updating this again sometime this weekend.