April 26, 2024, 05:15:12 pm

Author Topic: difference?  (Read 2547 times)

dswsjr1

• umm... yeah.
    • View Profile
difference?
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:02 am »
What exactly is the difference between sprites and pixel art, or are they the same exact thing with different names?
Because, just because...

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:53:33 am »
They are the exact same thing with different names ;)

dswsjr1

• umm... yeah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »
thx
Because, just because...

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 02:22:55 am »
Actually xeadin you are a bit wrong. Just a bit.
OK so sprites are the little pictures you see of characters in a game, usually handheld ones like pokemon. In pokemon you have your character and he is a sprite, with a limited range of action (i.e. running, walking, turning, riding a bike, etc.).
When someone decides to create art out of these sprites, it is called pixel art. It doesnt move, or have any range of action. It is like a drawing, made of pixels, of something you like.
Minecraft helps to achieve the pixel art genre as it uses the blocks, which can also be seen as pixels depending on how you look at the game.
Hope that makes sense  :D I like to play around with sprites a lot. ;)

JKA

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:47:42 am »
OK so sprites are the little pictures you see of characters in a game, usually handheld ones like pokemon. In pokemon you have your character and he is a sprite, with a limited range of action (i.e. running, walking, turning, riding a bike, etc.).
When someone decides to create art out of these sprites, it is called pixel art. It doesnt move, or have any range of action. It is like a drawing, made of pixels, of something you like.
Minecraft helps to achieve the pixel art genre as it uses the blocks, which can also be seen as pixels depending on how you look at the game.
Make a gardeviour sprite. Not sure how to spell xD

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:28:56 am »
Make a gardeviour sprite. Not sure how to spell xD

Gardevoir*  ;) If you want one just take the one from my sig. But if you mean ingame, i was planning to but i still havnt had time too  :-\

JKA