April 29, 2024, 11:26:07 am

Author Topic: Mario 64 Levels  (Read 1631 times)

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
Mario 64 Levels
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:50:38 pm »
Mario 64 is one of my favorite games of all time, and a big reason for this is the awesome level design. I know people have made Peach's castle already, but what about the rest of the game?

I think the Bowser obstacle-course levels would be particuarly fun to remake in Minecraft. They could be done 1:1 scale pretty convincingly as they're mostly made of chunks in the game. And at the top, the big circular platform and Bowser himself :)

Aside from that, there's the floating island/tower map (the one with the owl), wet/dry world (underground town included, and a few others that would be interesting to do.

BMWGT3

Re: Mario 64 Levels
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:58:20 pm »
Mario 64 is one of my favorite games of all time, and a big reason for this is the awesome level design. I know people have made Peach's castle already, but what about the rest of the game?

I think the Bowser obstacle-course levels would be particuarly fun to remake in Minecraft. They could be done 1:1 scale pretty convincingly as they're mostly made of chunks in the game. And at the top, the big circular platform and Bowser himself :)

Aside from that, there's the floating island/tower map (the one with the owl), wet/dry world (underground town included, and a few others that would be interesting to do.

This sounds like a really fun thing to do. I'm in.

DreaMz

• Ireland , UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:15 pm »
Are we talkin the old or new Mario here and I'm up for a helping with it :)

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:57:25 pm »
Mario 64, you know, the one that came out when the Nintendo 64 was launched. It plays pretty well in an emulator, if you wanted to do 'research'. When I'm done with my crafter application projects I'll play through the game again to figure out what level would look best in Minecraft.

Does anyone know how to extract 3d model data from Nintendo 64 ROMs? We could achieve a much higher degree of accuracy with isometric views.

DreaMz

• Ireland , UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:00 pm »
I can try grab some ill look into it but for the time being its 12am here in Scotland and I've gotta get my work done so as soon as I get them ill pm you man yea :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 01:04:33 am »
The levels in mario 64 are way too big to be done on a 1:1 scale.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:52:08 am »
If you need me ill be happy to help you. I used to play this game all the time lol.