April 24, 2024, 01:03:42 pm

Author Topic: Spleef: CTF Mode  (Read 2248 times)

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Spleef: CTF Mode
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:38 pm »
I have thought up of a new game mode for spleef. So we all know about spleef, some of us know about feelps. I have made a new gamemode with the help of a few people.

CTF: Spleef
1. Set up 2 teams, of any amount of players. There is an arena on sparta, but it will be removed soon.
2. Go to the other teams side and try to destroy their flag. They will try to spleef you. You may only spleef someone if they are on your side.
3. Once you destroy the flag, go back to your side and place the color the other team had on the empty stick. This is a score.

Rules
NO destroying blocks around your flag preventing people from getting to it
NO building
NO hacks

If you see any flaws, post them here and I will add/change to suit the flaws.

themadman300

• Helpful Operator
    • View Profile
    • GameworldGB (Not Finished)
Re: Spleef: CTF Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »
I intend to get a world and do that there! CTF!
themadman300
*See you all in-game 18 Months later :)

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »
Just a few things that need more thought:
-What happens if you fall down. should there be some sort of playersensitive portal that sends you back to the correct team's spawn? Or do you play it like a deathmatch, either capture the flag or destroy the enemy team entirely.
-If the enemy gets your flag to their side, you can not let them fall anymore, only if they fall in a hole of their own team, they fail.
-How do you intend to register who captured the flag, for now you can't see who has the flag, and when the flag is taken, anyone could just plant it in the homebase claiming they scored.
-If there was any way to get armours to work in classic i'd say give the one with the flag a nice hat with the enemy colour so everyone can see it clearly. Maybe give all teammembers pieces of chestarmour so you can easily see who is in your team.
-As for the no destroying around flags, It's useless since you will have to bring the enemy flag back to your own too, so you won't be able to reach it if you do this. Maybe more fun to let them find out for themselves instead of prohibiting it :P
-A timer for the removed floorblocks could be useful, as even with 2 players, a reasonably big field is untraversable within a minute. Having the holes stay for 10 seconds should be enough for everyone to fall in in the heat of battle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:14:52 am »
K so here are replies to each of those pointers

1: Very good idea, I shall see if an admin can do it for the arena on sparta.
2: You may ONLY destroy blocks on the enemies side if they are on that side with YOUR flag.
3: That would need some thought... maybe a new command, like /ctf , which would list all the commands that have to do with that.
     3a: /ctf set <color> - You destroy or place a block that will act as the flag. If that block is destroyed, then it will output a message saying "<Player> has captured the <color of flag> team's flag!"
     3b: /ctf remove - You destroy the flag, and the ctf point is removed.
     3c: /ctf startgame - starts a countdown that goes "3" "2" "1" "Start CTF match!"
     3d: if its too much work for optic, I could code it and send the plugin to him.
4: That would be part of the base code i believe? Anyone correct me if im wrong. Optic may be able to mod the server like on WoM: Realms if any of you have been on there.
5: We will see how that goes in an actual game, then decide on that rule. For now, the official rule will stay as it is.
6: That could also be part of the ctf set of commands.
     6a: maybe like... /ctf setblocktimer <seconds> - Then you decide on a zone, which would be the field.