April 19, 2024, 04:03:33 pm

Author Topic: Docks/ Harbor  (Read 2438 times)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Docks/ Harbor
« on: May 15, 2011, 09:32:27 pm »
Looking through the New Public Event thread in the News forums, I've stumbled across a Docks theme, which gave me an idea on a project with that theme.

I am convinced that if I can find the space to build this on, I could make a hillside Docks with a small town and mineshafts into the hillside to make it look and feel like a Beta environment... and give others who haven't played Beta yet a taste of what they can do in the actual Minecraft game itself.

This is just an idea I have running through my head for now. I could probably execute this in Crafter, but then again...

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Docks/ Harbor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
Looking through the New Public Event thread in the News forums, I've stumbled across a Docks theme, which gave me an idea on a project with that theme.

I am convinced that if I can find the space to build this on, I could make a hillside Docks with a small town and mineshafts into the hillside to make it look and feel like a Beta environment... and give others who haven't played Beta yet a taste of what they can do in the actual Minecraft game itself.

This is just an idea I have running through my head for now. I could probably execute this in Crafter, but then again...

I support this :) But make sure guests can go on (although not build), so they can get a taste of beta.
Claw

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:26 pm »
That could be an event.

---><--- Click the monkey

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:34:10 am »
That could be an event.

Just checking... But what do you mean by event? I have only taken part in one event (spawn) and i don't know if most events can be worked on by guests, or if an event is done solo, then judged or what? If it's solo, then massive space is needed, and if it can be done together with guests, then the their could be 30/40/50 griefers to every op. I just don't see it working out unless it is a team of crafters+/Ops+/Builders+
Claw

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:56:07 am »
Hmmm... that could be an interesting event...

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »
That could be an event.

Just checking... But what do you mean by event? I have only taken part in one event (spawn) and i don't know if most events can be worked on by guests, or if an event is done solo, then judged or what? If it's solo, then massive space is needed, and if it can be done together with guests, then the their could be 30/40/50 griefers to every op. I just don't see it working out unless it is a team of crafters+/Ops+/Builders+
Claw
I would gladly help.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:45 am »
Well, I have just started on my docks project-- outlined the area I needed in the newly reset Recruit world.

Would've considered doing it in Crafter, but... all things considered, I haven't filled out a crafter app yet, and I still need to initiate the building process.

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:20 pm »
But you're an op :-[

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:27:22 pm »
@ Spartan, I'm sure he has some free time. Xeadin is a great OP and i don't think he would ditch the guests for a project. ;)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:10 pm »
But you're an op :-[
yes... and I want crafter though
 l
 l
\/

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 12:25:07 am »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 08:18:46 am »
Project is coming along smoothly, but still far from finished. Got the general layout almost done. After that, it will be time to add in some fresh details and the docks themselves ;D

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:10 am »
Just as a friendly reminder, please do not build anything on my docks project. It is still an ongoing process, and I'd like it if no one were to make any changes to it without first asking permission to make said changes.

Thank you :)

I've already had to move someones build out of it and undo some changes done to a part of it as well...