March 28, 2024, 05:21:34 pm

Author Topic: Why operators don't answer all requests.  (Read 16450 times)

Informer21

• View Profile
    • AirsoftEverything.com
Why operators don't answer all requests.
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:10:29 am »
Hello everyone!  My name is Joe (IRL) and I would like to explain why operators cannot always answer all requests. 

Here is a list of some reasons why we do not answer all requests. Also please be aware we are trying very hard to answer all your requests.

1. We are helping other people at that moment in time. Thus we sometimes forget who also asked for help.

2. We sometimes are alone with no additional operators helping.

3. We also like to enjoy the game and build sometimes. We put many hours in to keeping the servers as best we can with the amount of operators on hand.

RL (Real Life) plays an important roll on why we do not answer all requests.

4.We may not be near our computer at the time of request.

5. We all do our jobs out of charity, but we are working very hard in the background of the servers trying and keeping the servers free of griefers, spammers, bots, and other obscene creations. Thus being said, we sometimes are occupied with other daily routines in and out of game.

From all of us at Opticraft, we would like to truly apologize to those who do not get a immediate response to your requests. We will all try much harder to answer and fix any problems or requests in a timely manner. As time goes on we hope to have more operators on hand for all world timezones.

If you are interested in joining our forces please post an application in the application section of the forums.  Any reasonable and well written application will be looked at by our administrator team.

Thank you,

Joe
Operator (In-game customer service team)  :D

liquidcool24

• Bombs, you want it, it yours my friend!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why operators don't answer all requests.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23:33 am »
may I add "the white fog disquises your white names in the chat box"
I'm gonna be the best I can be!

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:46 am »
Why would an operator working with fog.. How can you spot real-time grief/vulgarity, or see the beauty of a big building when you play with fog on.. Since you aren't building, the lag isn't really a problem, at least it wasn't for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

liquidcool24

• Bombs, you want it, it yours my friend!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:28:52 am »
it's not unless it completely causes your computer to freeze
I'm gonna be the best I can be!

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:34 am »
Quote from: Optical
Before applying, please realize that as an operator, your main duty's will switch from building, to moderating chat and banning griefers. I expect all my operators to show a high level of maturity and commitment. Failure to perform any of your duty's will result in your op status being removed.

What this means is that before building, answer all requests. Since this cant be achieved unless MC is down, I guess you must keep building to a minimum. If you truly want to build instead of moderate, ask to be moved down to builder, and you can start building your stuff for crafter.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »
Quote from: Optical
Before applying, please realize that as an operator, your main duty's will switch from building, to moderating chat and banning griefers. I expect all my operators to show a high level of maturity and commitment. Failure to perform any of your duty's will result in your op status being removed.

What this means is that before building, answer all requests. Since this cant be achieved unless MC is down, I guess you must keep building to a minimum. If you truly want to build instead of moderate, ask to be moved down to builder, and you can start building your stuff for crafter.

But, they should get sometime to build, otherwise I don't see how they would have fun on the server, in which case stop playing leaving us with no ops save the ones who hate building, or the ones who do it for the blue text (commands, respect etc.), not the helpfulness
Just my opinion
Claw

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »
There are people that have fun operating, but as you probably noticed, there aren't that many :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Informer21

• View Profile
    • AirsoftEverything.com
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:45 am »
I speak for myself on this reply. I enjoy keeping the server friendly and clean from griefers and other unusual creations.

I would have not applied if I didn't, but I also like to sometimes take time to myself and build some objects or work on a project of mine.

If it is not possible to build as an operator I guess this isn't the job for me. I don't see it being greedy taking a day off and enjoying the server like everyone else. Nor do I see it being greedy spending 2-6hours as an operator during the day and then taking 3hours that night to build.

I am not here to continually watch over children(griefers 100% of the time). I do my job as an operator and had not gotten any negative feedback as of yet.

I will personally speak to Optical when he is online and explain my situation and I do think he will agree with me.

You can quote all you want, but I still see what I do is fair. If he disagrees with me then fine I will ask to have my OP rights removed and there won't be that extra OP to help out during times when no one is on.

Joe

aka Informer21
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:41:42 am by Informer21 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 12:51:11 am »
I think taking time off as an operator is fine but when you are the only operator on and there are tons of guests on requesting your help, you should be operating. Thats how I see it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 01:16:38 am »
I'm not here to argue with you about what happened that night, I'm past that.

I can understand what you are saying, and I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong job wise, thats just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:58:42 am by Nick3306 »

Informer21

• View Profile
    • AirsoftEverything.com
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 03:44:38 am »
Nor am I. I am also in-fact stating my opinion.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 04:21:15 am »
But, they should get sometime to build, otherwise I don't see how they would have fun on the server,
THAT is 100% incorrect! Once you're an op, you have 0 time for building. There is one condition though, when there are no guests on.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:35:25 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:45:35 am »
But, they should get sometime to build, otherwise I don't see how they would have fun on the server,
THAT is 100% incorrect! Once you're an op, you have 0 time for building. There is one condition though, when there are no guests on.

Queue the numbers of ops to fall dramatically -_-
Claw

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:58 am »
Nor am I. I am also in-fact stating my opinion.
Then why did you bring it up in the first place? I didnt comment on it and i wasnt even talking to you for that matter. I was just talking in general.

Silenttheend

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »