April 19, 2024, 01:11:46 am

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 426525 times)

troddenostrich

• View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #510 on: April 10, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »
o please, ive been the only one thats been posting things other than rock, sensless music, jazz has intelligence and still can entertain

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »
o please, ive been the only one thats been posting things other than rock, sensless music, jazz has intelligence and still can entertain
That is the kind of close mindedness that will get you nowhere in life.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

troddenostrich

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 10, 2012, 10:34:12 pm »
its not that im closed minded to other music, im open to just about anything, its just that in learning and studying music ive found that certain types of music are simple such as some rock, most metal and so forth, in simple i am meaning the context, the chords, progressions, and thought behind, i will agree that rock, and other forms of music are entertaining but dont make me think that much. sry if i made anyone mad

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »
its not that im closed minded to other music, im open to just about anything, its just that in learning and studying music ive found that certain types of music are simple such as some rock, most metal and so forth, in simple i am meaning the context, the chords, progressions, and thought behind, i will agree that rock, and other forms of music are entertaining but dont make me think that much. sry if i made anyone mad
Simple you say? Listen to metropolis part 2 and then tell me you didn't think at all. You are just listening to the wrong songs.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
Before you call it senseless, why don't you look up the lyrics. Most rock songs aren't about sex, unlike what's popular today. The screamo song I posted was from an album with a story. It's based off of he poem Annabel Lee from Edgar Allen Poe. It tells the story of how a mans true love was murdered right before him, driving him to the edge. In his grief, he went insane, and murdered someone. Eventually, he started seeing her face everywhere, and confroted the man who murdered her. I believe he killed himself in the end. Now tell me, does that sound senseless to you? Depressing, but not sensless.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 10, 2012, 10:43:59 pm »
I would post the story that goes along with Metropolis part 2 but It would require 3 paragraphs lol

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 10, 2012, 10:44:49 pm »
I would post the story that goes along with Metropolis part 2 but It would require 3 paragraphs lol
Woah. XD I just did the bare-minimum detail on mine (Its called the Emptiness)

troddenostrich

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:08 pm »
Before you call it senseless, why don't you look up the lyrics. Most rock songs aren't about sex, unlike what's popular today. The screamo song I posted was from an album with a story. It's based off of he poem Annabel Lee from Edgar Allen Poe. It tells the story of how a mans true love was murdered right before him, driving him to the edge. In his grief, he went insane, and murdered someone. Eventually, he started seeing her face everywhere, and confroted the man who murdered her. I believe he killed himself in the end. Now tell me, does that sound senseless to you? Depressing, but not sensless.
ugh i really dont want to turn this into an argument, i wasnt talking about all rock or metal, most of what im talking about is what is going on today, where there is no theme besides money,sex or other topic that dont affect life all that much, i understand that their is rock that makes sense and even some metal, im not trying to ostrisize any group of musicians, the modern rock and metal however is what im saying, however there is things in lyrics that express mind and thought, what i was trying to tell was that if u look at the actual music from the standpoint of a musician (instrumentalist) and not a singer, most of the modern music doesnt have any difficulty to it, this roots back to even the beatles, sure they were great for their messages and lyric, however all their music was based in simple dominate 7 chords and doesnt feature the talent or genius that is held by those instumentalists, again sry if i made anyone mad, was trying to talk about the instrumentalists, vocals almost always have meaning when not talking about sex,money,drugs, etc...

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 10, 2012, 11:05:57 pm »
Just as you thought it couldn't get better

Maybe i should introduce you to the

Paradice City
Otherwise know as
Alabama
The place where
My dads gone crazy,
It would take some sort of
superman
To save me from
The End
But in the end, this is just a
Troll

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:01 pm »
Classic Rock is the best.
There's nothing better than listening to Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »
There's nothing better than listening to Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin.
Def Leppard?

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 10, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »
Def Leppard?
They were on the end of the classic rock era so I can't call them classic rock, but they have good music.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 10, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »
Def Leppard?
They were on the end of the classic rock era so I can't call them classic rock, but they have good music.
True. But because I thought of them, Pour Some Sugar On Me is stuck in my head. -.-

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #523 on: April 10, 2012, 11:21:50 pm »
Def Leppard?

Black sabbath?

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:45 am »
Def Leppard?

Black sabbath?
Baws.