March 28, 2024, 08:33:49 pm

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 425675 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1380 on: April 29, 2014, 11:06:36 pm »
My opinion on the little rant war in progress:

I don't judge music genres I don't really know much about. If I've heard it more than a couple times, I feel like I have a legitimate argument as to why I do or do not like it. This is why I feel like rap gets one of the worst...well, raps (no pun intended) because of some of the more mainstream rappers that people hear about.

Let's say this:
You wouldn't dismiss metal (or the rock genre as a whole) as shit because you heard a Nickleback song one time. So let's not assume rap as a whole sucks because of the Young Money group and the crap they put out.

A really, really long time ago Nick posted a song saying "This is what rap should be" and I must say, I thank him for not dismissing all rap as a pile of crap and I agree with the statement.

So let's try to keep that logic here, okay? Music genres have their fan bases, and really you can't understand that unless you at least tried to be a part of it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:06 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgA8icwT90
I actually enjoyed this up until 3:00 when the techno stuff kicked in.

Caligula's Horse - A Gift to Afterthought
I'm not a big fan of electronic either, but for some reason Thomas Bergersen can make electronic and classic mix well. He's my favorite composer.

This is what he said and completely made me change my view of electronic music:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=472726809437801&id=147900228587129

These songs are amazing with the bass in my car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osllhYsTD5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjagObe8-RY
I happen to disagree with that post in many ways. Saying that i dont like certain music genres because my mind is not open enough is an elitist statement in itself and an ignorant one at that.  Just like I don't like the taste of some foods, I don't like the sound of some genres. They say when it comes to electronic and dubstep music, the talent is all in the mixing and composition which makes it just as hard as other genres but they always fail to mention how much mixing actually goes into other genres music.  He basically say that anyone who doesnt like those genres is just ignorant or how much work goes into them which is far from true, sometimes you just don't like the music.

I especially didn't agree with this statement  
There is a reason why these people are popular, and it's not the image or look that they carry.
A lot of pop artists are chosen to be famous just because of their looks. They get other people to write their songs and music for them and they sing it because they look good or have a good relationship with the public and have a decent voice. That's how a lot of the pop industry works, you just never see the guys behind them pulling the strings.

The vibe i get from that post is him saying "look, I'm better than you because i can like all music and if you aren't like me, you are just ignorant."
He's not necessarily saying you're ignorant because you are not listening to other music, he's mostly pointing out that people think the genre of music they listen to us much more superior to the other genre and one is more artistic than the other. He's trying to get people to stop hating on other genre's of music and get rid of the stereotypes.
Well, that's how I viewed it at least.

I used to hate on electronic (Typically the dubstep that has a lot of annoying sounds *cough*skrillex*cough*) because I thought it took no creativity whatsoever to make and that it was just a 14 year old on their mac book that made the song, but he just changed my perspective on it. I still don't like electronic music because I like to listen to the natural sound instruments make (Guitars, violins, bass, ect...); however, I do sometimes enjoy a little electronic, mostly melodic ones like chillstep.

I go agree what you said about "There is a reason why these people are popular, and it's not the image or look that they carry.", pop stars are chosen because of their looks, plain and simple.

---><--- Click the monkey

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »
Alvaro & Mercer feat. Lil Jon - Welcome To The Jungle : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQzSDE0EmE

W&W - Bigfoot (Original Mix) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytt1ELA82U
You make choices in life and you don't look back

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 02, 2014, 03:19:02 am »

~pimkey5~

• We put the world away, we get so Disconnected~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:52 am »

tribalturtle

• Self-Proclaimed Queen
  • cat enthusiast
    • View Profile
kind of here, kind of not

FrostyStorms

• *STAY FROSTY*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 04, 2014, 02:56:09 am »
sadly nicki minaj lol  :-[ i have really good taste but recently i dont know why ive been listening to her... HELP ME!!! TUPAC
That signature though. Changes the whole way I look at your music genre now.

2 things:

1. I now realize...this is the only time I have seen Nicki Minaj look...normal (almost).
2. Do you mean this in a good thing or...what?

normal except all that plastic surgery i finnaly stopped with her stupid music... im on sean kingston now and akon

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:01 am »

---><--- Click the monkey

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 07, 2014, 06:15:30 am »
Apocalyptica - Stroke

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1389 on: May 13, 2014, 01:21:56 am »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 15, 2014, 12:18:00 am »
Can someone please explain to me what kind of power does shuffle have to bring me from this to this?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

~pimkey5~

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 17, 2014, 03:48:23 am »
Gotto love dubstep.
DVBBS & Borgeous feat.Tinie Tempah. -Tsunami (jump)

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 17, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »
Gotto love dubstep.

That isn't dubstep, it's big room house or something along those lines.

I'll post a nice deep house teaser also.

Don Diablo - Knight Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d399Kbckzxs

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:49:20 pm by 360OLLIE »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »
Gotto love dubstep.

To the person before me, I think you are confusing this with the house mix called Tsunami. This appears to be different.

Anyways I'm listening to...well...

Unicorn Zombie Apocalypse. Yeah. That exists and it is absolutely the shit.
And some Metallica mixed in the playlist too, Guns N Roses and some Aerosmith and Ice Cube. And a couple Kendrick Lamar songs. Plus a shitload of house.

~pimkey5~

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 17, 2014, 11:15:38 pm »
Gotto love dubstep.

To the person before me, I think you are confusing this with the house mix called Tsunami. This appears to be different.

Anyways I'm listening to...well...

Unicorn Zombie Apocalypse. Yeah. That exists and it is absolutely the shit.
And some Metallica mixed in the playlist too, Guns N Roses and some Aerosmith and Ice Cube. And a couple Kendrick Lamar songs. Plus a shitload of house.
na this version has a (crap) rapper in it although there is a version with just the music