April 29, 2024, 04:19:53 pm

Author Topic: Hallgrímskirkja Church  (Read 2350 times)

corourke70

• View Profile
Hallgrímskirkja Church
« on: April 30, 2011, 07:41:09 pm »
I am planning to build the Church in Iceland. Its going to be roughly around 150 blocks wide and 200 blocks high. I'm going to do this by eye. If anybody knows of a space that large please let me know so i can begin. If anybody want to help then that's great but I don't want this to be more than a 3 man project. So, If you want to help me just ask in this topic and i'll add you. This is a builders+ project though. Thanks!  ;D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hallgrímskirkja Church
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »
I dont think 200 block high is possible. Tallart is only place i know of that is high enough. I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:47:24 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 07:58:16 pm »
Lol i love the facade and how it has a minecraftesque (is that a word? O_o) feel to it!  Wow 200 blocks eh?  I estimated the Duomo Milano i was working on in lxwxh form to be 450x210x300 blocks and no worlds I know of are really big enough for it (its postponed now for that obvious reason).  Hope you can get your own world ;D or maybe you should just resize it :/  Your call! :D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:01:52 pm »
Lol i love the facade and how it has a minecraftesque (is that a word? O_o) feel to it!  Wow 200 blocks eh?  I estimated the Duomo Milano i was working on in lxwxh form to be 450x210x300 blocks and no worlds I know of are really big enough for it (its postponed now for that obvious reason).  Hope you can get your own world ;D or maybe you should just resize it :/  Your call! :D
If we could get 1 or 2 more people with projects, maybe we can get them to give us a world to split like 4 ways. I doubt they would let us do that but its worth a try.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:04:16 pm »
that could work! but I think thats what the crafter world is for :/ maybe we could start a petition for a mass shared builder world?

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:22 pm »
If we could get 1 or 2 more people with projects, maybe we can get them to give us a world to split like 4 ways. I doubt they would let us do that but its worth a try.

Yeah, I would rather have another tallart or make a new world for epic projects to be split up between us. Right now i have no way to do this at this size.

that could work! but I think thats what the crafter world is for :/ maybe we could start a petition for a mass shared builder world?
Yeah, if we get enough people that like the idea, i will make a petition.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:27:30 pm »
Its called a builder world.  Trust me a petition is useless, just wait untill a few more people have projects to do and ill ask for a split world.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 09:15:52 pm »
i don't think you can create such a nice building on such a small scale... it'll become realy crappy.

as i have experience with religious buildings, i ahve to say: it's not easy to construct it with a good result, it's just too small for the details.

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »
You will need to show some work first before you will get the world I think, also make your calculations before you start. There´s no way you will get a world for this if it is not properly planned. Just try to measure it by the windows, say the windows on the side are 3 blocks wide, the parts next to them 4, for example, not saying you should do like this. Also, I seem to notice the wings next to the large tower have a very difficult curve. If you do this on a too small scale it will just suck. Try to get a 3D model of it for the perspective.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
You will need to show some work first before you will get the world I think, also make your calculations before you start. There´s no way you will get a world for this if it is not properly planned. Just try to measure it by the windows, say the windows on the side are 3 blocks wide, the parts next to them 4, for example, not saying you should do like this. Also, I seem to notice the wings next to the large tower have a very difficult curve. If you do this on a too small scale it will just suck. Try to get a 3D model of it for the perspective.
Monkey, do you think a combined project world for us is possible if he does what your are saying? Also I am planning on building my project in sparta but i dont really want to take up spratans space so would it be possible to move it to such a world after its done?

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
As I said, you will need good planning if you want to work together. You should ask Spartan about his world, I can't give you the permission to build there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 11:14:54 pm »
As I said, you will need good planning if you want to work together. You should ask Spartan about his world, I can't give you the permission to build there.
He already said i could build there under your castle, i just have to wait for him to give me permission.

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 01:33:41 am »
I told you you could build something else, I didnt autherize for this project.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 01:49:44 am »
I told you you could build something else, I didnt autherize for this project.
Re-read my post, thats not what im talking about. I was talking about having my project maybe moved from your world after i finished it.