March 19, 2024, 03:54:10 am

Author Topic: Minecraft Compatible ColorPalette 2 : Greyscales!  (Read 2544 times)

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Minecraft Compatible ColorPalette 2 : Greyscales!
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:01:29 am »
This pallete has only 6 colors, but dont be mad or anything, because this pallete is an easy greyscale. If you like greyscale spriting, but you dont like what... 40 greys in each picture, I suggest you use this.

It includes Obsidian, Black, Stone, light cloth, iron, white. It only requires you to use one layer because I didnt include shadow colors in this one. I included a manuel and the actual .gpl file in a zip, and uploaded it to uppit. If you have any questions reply here.

Left to right: Stone, Obsidian, Iron, Black, Light Grey, White

Download link

All credit goes to MrMonkey and his colorpalette from which I got the colors.
MrMonkey's Color Palette Link
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:47:14 am by Spartan »

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Compatible ColorPalette 2 : Greyscales!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
you forgot tiles and coal ore

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »
Not a bad idea for beginners. Did you rip this from my palette? If so, it wouldn't be a problem to just add all the 1-layer colours. When you optimise a greyscale pic, it will automatically choose the best colours, there's really no point in not using them all.

EDIT1: Also I'd like you to change the name of the topic, since this is in no way an upgrade to mine and naming it like this makes it look like that.

EDIT2: Actually, I totally dislike the way you did this. The colours are exactly the same as in mine and, if you did rip it, of which I am almost certain, I would like you to at least give the credit for creating it to me, and give a link to mine. Also, if you posted this link to any other site, I would like you to take it down. If you, or anyone else, would really need this desperately, you should have just suggested me to make it, or do it yourself keep it for private use.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:32:25 pm by Mr.Monkey »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:47:52 am »
I'm terribly sorry monkey... :-[ I gave you the credit and linked it to your palette. I did not put this on any other website.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:03:24 am »
aw, ok, I might have been overreacting a little, sorry for that :P It really wouldn't matter to add the other 1 layered colours though, since there are only 31, and the palette can choose for itself which are best. In greyscale, it usually doesn't even use others then the usual 10, these being the 6 you already have, the 2 terre suggested and iron ore and gold ore. Also greyscales you find on the internet are often not entirely greyscale, but have some other colours mixed in. First setting the mode of the picture to greyscale, then to indexed will filter out a lot of these colours.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)