April 23, 2024, 08:03:56 am

Author Topic: Notch's face pixel art  (Read 7710 times)

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
Notch's face pixel art
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:39 am »
Nothing ridiculously oversized this time, well, maybe a little.

66 colours, totally freaking much compared to what I've done till now. So far, raul's pic was in the lead with about 30.

this might be a smaller pic, but, don't faint, has a total of 116 colours. This being ofcourse totally retarded is something I just can't let pass. The size is actually still quite reasonable, 300x222x3, the other one being much bigger with 590x365x3, which I could possibly cut down to 512, but still...

I have decided to do the smaller one, and marked the outline in Art. I am still worried about the position though, because I now just took the middle, if any admin disagrees with this, or if anyone else wants to do something big at the floor too, just move it to the back. Make sure to copy the ceiling too though, as I will be working on the shadows there.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:39:56 pm by Mr.Monkey »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

corourke70

• View Profile
Re: Would this get my any official attention?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:53:34 am »
Yes! Find out his email and show him the final product maybe he will give u something.

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:50 am »
Wow. He should replace ur minecraft sprite as his picture! ;)

niggerjew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:31 pm »
make sure you have screen shots of you doing it, as he might think it was done by a bot like them d**kheads on the minecraft forum did :/

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »
yh well, all I had to do to convince them was show some wips. I can quite understand that though. I was thinking of making one after every day, or maybe have a livestream of it somehow. I can't do this myself though due to bad connection. It has been suggested before to let some bot tape me 24/7 :P

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:48 pm »
to let some bot tape me 24/7 :P
Even in the bathroom, and in the bed? lol whos that perverted man.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »
lol, not like that, ingame :P and not me, just let a bot overview the project while I/we (if anyone wants to) work

Xoiiku

• View Profile
Re: Notch's face pixel art
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »
It would be sick to do a time lapse video of the work on these epic type projects. I'm not sure how you'd set it up but it would be cool.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 10:51:31 pm »
It would be sick to do a time lapse video of the work on these epic type projects. I'm not sure how you'd set it up but it would be cool.

That would actually be pretty sweet.

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:13 am »

I have offered in the past to sit and record him build, and possibly convert it to time lapse or sped up. Definitely something worth watching :p

Problem is its difficult for him to create something like this in one sitting.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:50:45 am »
Yes, but that would not be a problem for a bot right? It could even be programmed to take screens every 10 minutes or so, or be set to start taping when I join the world and only as long as I'm there. The amount of blocks in 1 layer it exactly 66,6k, 1.5k more blocks then raul's painting, and that took ages. Also this one has about 4x more colours. I have been looking around for some free space to build, and it could be possible on the floor of current artworld. I don't think there will ever be a world with walls high enough to do it, but I would need some sort of /shadow command that let's me shadow the blocks more easily. Getting over to the ceiling and placing blocks in the exact right position takes too much time. The only other problem is that the floor of Art is only 1 block deep, so I will have to put it on top of the floor, but it would only be 1 block higher, because the shadowing is on the ceiling.

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 09:49:23 am »
If you find a way to put the shadows on the ground without going to the ceiling, it might be easier if you first to put all normal and normal shaded blocks(first 2 rows of palette)and leaves, then put the water. Because from when i watched you, you do all colors at the same time and imagine this: you put blue, type /water, put water,tipe again /water, put red, put stone, type /water,put /water, type again /water (it will not be exactly like this, but i hope you understood me); or you can put 10-15 blocks and then use /water, and when you calculate it,at the end you used more that "n" times the same cmd (leading to great loss of time; probably mor time for the bot to handle etc). It will be paint in the neck(or should i say in the hands).

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »
yh, I was thinking of a way to get the best result out of the water. When I would be spriting on the floor, the normal and shadowed blocks would only be 1 layer, while the blocks with water above them would have to be 1 block deeper. Water and leaves usually aren't in the same region, so what I could do is first make the entire sprite, with leaves, but without water, then just do /cuboidr air water ;)

Example of depth of layers

|_ _ _ |
|******|
|******|
|******|
|******|
|******|
|******|

About the shadows, it's just that they need to be on the ceiling for the best view. What would be possible is first do the ceiling part. It will be a tough job though to scan through 115 colours to find the ones that need shadowing, but it will make the rest of the spriting a lot easier.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:49:42 pm by Mr.Monkey »

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 04:49:04 pm »
Ok, uhm, I made a damn big mistake :P I forgot that gold and iron's top has a different texture then their sides. So I had to modify the palette and the picture. It should be correct now :P In this process, we gained another colour =D so the total is now 116. It will take a little longer before we start now, because we will have to redo the shadowpicture :/ sorry toxic :P

quaddel97

• xXSlayer of the griefXx
  • No Idea what to write!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 04:55:31 pm »
i wish i could help but im still working on becoming a builder and even when youll probably wont allow
This is bunny
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny by Copying and pasting Bunny into your web page to help him gain world domination.