March 29, 2024, 10:55:48 am

Author Topic: Automatic Grief Detection  (Read 3860 times)

Mootykinz

• View Profile
Automatic Grief Detection
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:03:38 am »
I was blocked by the Console, saying that automatic grief detection  was the reason. This is possible, as I was in an old part of the server that has many destroyed buildings. I was digging dirt when I was told I was banned. I do not know if the dirt caused me to be banned or not. It is okay if it was. I did not intend to grief. I know my ban expires on 5/25/17, but it would be greatly appreciated if my ban could be repealed before then. I would like to maintain my griefing was  unintentional.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Grief Detection
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 05:40:44 am »
Hi

When someone gets banned by the server it means that they griefed a 'honey pot trap' whereby an area of desirable materials / a griefable build is protected. If you grief it - you get banned. Whether it was intentional or not, I'm afraid we cannot unban you as it is a console ban.  It is only a week, but I'm afraid you'll have to sit it out. In future don't grief anything ever, as not only is it against the rules, but also we don't have to be watching to have you banned! Grief is ugly and pointless, so please avoid it. 

Penguin.