March 28, 2024, 10:52:44 pm

Author Topic: Update and Upgrade.  (Read 6314 times)

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
Update and Upgrade.
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:45:22 am »
Hey Opticrafters,
 It's been a while since I've posted on the forums, let alone play some Minecraft with you all. This would be because I'm currently deployed in the Middle East. I'll be here for another month fixing planes and making money. It's really hot here.

During my time here, I'm pretty sure the heat and lack of use kinda fucked with my laptop. The sound only works for the first few minutes then cuts out and it overheats really easy (In A/C'ed rooms). I cant get it back no matter what I try. My laptop's going on 3 years so I do plan on building a rig during the fall/winter after paying some bills; however, I haven't really payed much attention to the PC market in 2015/2016 despite taking a computer hardware repair class during winter. I can build, I just don't know what to get or why lol.  I don't really have too much time to search here due to 12hr+ workdays and terrible wi-fi. Any pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

(click to show/hide)

Thanks in advance!
IG - @oem_moses

TrapA7X

• View Profile
Re: Update and Upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:13:38 pm »
Good luck out there man. I hope you're enjoying the middle east. Army for the win btw.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:24:38 pm »
I assume you want a desktop now since you said you can build. This is actually a great time to build a PC as nvidia rolled out their 10xx series and the performance is mind blowing. Amd will also be rolling out gpu's in the next few months.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xzJFGf

You can save money by going with a cheaper motherboard or power supply but I feel those are 2 things you don't want to go cheap on.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:39:37 pm »
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GkP3Z8

Do you want a specific color theme?