March 28, 2024, 06:59:00 pm

Poll

Would you participate in this tournament?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Yes, but with some changes (suggest those changes below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Possible Event?  (Read 6874 times)

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
Possible Event?
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:18:17 pm »
I was thinking about an event in the Creative server that utilizes the spleef arena. Perhaps we can create a spleef tournament, wether that could be 1v1, 2v2, ffa, or a variation of such games. I think this event could create a fun competitive atmosphere for all. If a lot of people like the idea, and that they would sign up for such an event, I am willing to run it on a weekend that is open for a lot of people. Feel free to comment and discuss below. I would like to see if all of the following can either answered or discussed.

1. Is this a good idea?
2. Ways this event could work (bracket, game modes, teams, ect.)
3. Would you participate?
4. When a good time to host this would be, if this event were to happen. I am EDT currently (GMT -4) and available most weekends from 8am to 8pm.

I'd like to hear what you guys think.
Discuss!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:05:51 pm by Dalei »
-Dale

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Event?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 06:44:37 pm »
I really wanted a spleef tournament when it was first introduced, but I think the issue was being able to get all contestants on at the same time. I still like the idea if it can be organised well enough. I think depending on how many people we get involved, it should be a bracket styled tournament of 4 players in each bracket with best of 3-5, then perhaps the winners of each bracket (depending on how many games are played) vs each other with the same best of 3-5.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 10:42:01 pm »
I'm up for it, but if we do a bracket then there's most likely going to be people signed up that then don't make it. So it'd need to be done in a way to allow that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:56:02 pm by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

MrTrollNugNug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 10:59:15 pm »
I'm down for this. Maybe if we did a bracket style it could be more like a personal style, you have until a certain date to set up your match with the player you are against. So for example, If I was playing Phil, me and Phil have until the 30th to finish our match and report the results to the tournament creator. Then the next rounds proceed. So forth. I feel as if this would make it so you ALL don't have to be on at the same time but you need some coordination by which the opponent you are playing with. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. xD
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:19:31 pm »
I'm up for it, but if we do a bracket then there's all most likely going to be people sign up that then don't make it. So it'd need to be done in a way to allow that.

Good point. I'll rack my brains. Perhaps we could still do a bracket style, but it wouldn't be single elimination at first. Maybe a points system? Everyone plays an equal amount of games, say, 4 games, each having a different set of opponents.  Certain placements would award points, (winner gets 3, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1, 4th gets none) and the 4 players that make most points at the end of the round would be the 'Final Four" or something and a 1v1 matchup on #1 v #2, #3 v #4, and then have a match for bronze.

So I'm guessing the "teams" idea is out of the picture, just a free for all.

If I can get at least 8 into the tournament, that would make "brackets" for the points round easy to make.

I think the only issue would be getting the right people in. We don't want people that are not competing to be getting into the tournament rounds. If people want to play as the matches are about to begin, I can certainly get them in somehow.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
-Dale